Treo 650 vs. Blackberry 7100

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steven Jones
Treo 650 vs. Blackberry 7100

I own the Treo and am unclear why anyone would opt for the new Blackberry. Touchscreen, mainstream OS, camera, shall I go on?

Eric Daugherty (not verified)
It is pretty much

It is pretty much 'universally held' that the Blackberry is a better pure email device. If your primary need is email, the Blackberry works.

With the Treo, you can buy software that provides most of the advanced email features that come with the Blackberry out of the box, but if you mainly want email, why pay more?

That being said, I think the Treo 650 is an awsome device and would not trade it for anything else out right now.

LizR
I own the Treo 650 and have

I own the Treo 650 and have never used a Blackberry. Having said that...I have to say that the Treo is awesome for me. I don't need great email capabilities, but make great use of all the other options with it, i.e. camera, games, directory assistance, flight status, as well as all the awesome Palm features such as contacts and calendars. The touch screen makes it so easy to use when I am driving, juggling kids, etc.

Ron Repking (not verified)
I agree with Eric -

I agree with Eric - Blackberrys were made for email. The Treo isn't too far behind though and with all of the applications that are available for it, it is ideal for people who want to go beyond pure email and get more out of their gadget. You pay for those features, so they're not worth it unless you use them. I'm entering this from my Treo and I love it.

rosewire
Blackberry is a powerhouse

Blackberry is a powerhouse for e-mail. Some of the newer models come with phone features and such, but all the Blackberry users I know have nothing good to say about the phone features.

I still own a Treo 600 (I crave a Treo 650 but I haven't bought it yet) and wouldn't swap it for a Blackberry - the extras are worth it for me.

Pick your carrier, then pick your phone. Our company uses Sprint - I've had no problems.

jacefrey
So is hp iPAQ h6315 from T

So is hp iPAQ h6315 from T-mobile not even in the running here? Like the Treo 650, it has touchscreen, mainstream OS, camera, BlueTooth, WiFi. It has a good web browser and many off-the-shelf apps available for it, including Windows Media Player, Audible, and great games.

Connect With Techlore