Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Dean, your e-mail came back

Dean, your e-mail came back as a bad address. I really do not have the time to mess around with bad e-mails man.

DeanB
Larry,

Larry,

I apologize for the invalid email address.  Freudian slip or something, should be gmail not google. Had google on the brain after all searching for the cause of my malfunctioning TV.  I appreciate the time you are spending helping everyone out.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Dean 

stuffmonger
Larry,

Larry,

Thank you so much for the docs.  Amazing detail!  Weird turn of events, though.  After plugging my Mits 65813 into a surge/conditioner for a day it suddenly started working again.  I've read in various places that it's still only a matter of time -- once the problem presents itself it will likely return again soon with a vengeance -- and to go ahead and do the repair anyway.  Thoughts?  Also, I'm considering getting a serious AC conditioner/UPS for the Mits.  If I do that, can I buy myself some time?  I'm not looking forward to busting into my TV, but if I must I must.  Thanks again for your detailed help.

dpturner

Larry Dillon
It could cause your TV set to

It could cause your TV set to go bad and then the DM board will have to be replaced. Replace the capacitors asap or you will be sorry, as it will ruin the DM board. Do not be fooled. The longer you wait, the more of a chance the capacitors will leak out onto the board and then you will have no choice but to replace the entire DM board. I think 10 bucks worth of caps is a lot better then 1000 bucks worth of heartache.

the a/v guy
Mr.Dillion, could you email

Mr.Dillion, could you email me the quick fix for my DM board on my Mitsubishi green light problem please..thanx.. [email protected]

JMancera

Larry,

I am another owner of a Mitsubishi WS-65513 with a blinking green light problem. I can solder and I have a some experience with Electronics. Could you please send me the instructions of how to repair this failure? My Email is [email protected]. I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks,

Jesus M.

John M
Larry,

Larry,

Just found this thread, sounds like you have the golden ticket, I've been searching all over for an answer to the sporadic power-ons, and then complete failure.

Could you please send the capacitor info and svc manual to: pmpblmp at aol dot com.

Thank you much.

EDIT: You should set up a PayPal account for donations from successful repairs. 

Larry Dillon
John, jman, and MRMTZ, I have

John, jman, and MRMTZ, I have sent the documents you were asking for as well as the factory service manual. Good Luck with this repair, and let us all know how you made out with it.

mgordon
Please help me..My Mitsubishi

Please help me..My Mitsubishi's powers green light will not stop blinking!! Its a 55'' HDTV 1080 Integrated. I've had it for two years now and when I pursched it, it was only 10 months old. Now I'm a single female and I know how much those repair guys will charge me if I go to them, so I'm hoping someone can please help me...Now I'm no stranger to electronics, I mean I know alittle sum sum, but this is one problem I can't seem to grasp..So far the light has been blinking since I got home from work which was 3 hours age...PLEASE HELP ME...I mean I love this T.V. so I'm willing to take any and everyones advice.

mitchellgy
this sure sounds like a

this sure sounds like a bandwagon and i'm running to jump on!  [email protected]  any and all info. on the mitsubishi ws65513 issue with the blinking led,and i saw mention of factory service manual possibly being available. thanks in advance! guy  

worm
  Larry

Larry

I have a Mitsubishi model ws 55513 that has a bliking green led on the front pannel I tryed resetting it did not work I even replace the Cap inside the DM still does work, so I took it to a repair shop and they went $900.00 to fix it they are trying to tell mee it needs a new chassis board because  the computer in side the DM is bad mummmm!!!!! what computer and a new DM board from mitsubishi is $400.00.

Something wrong here can you please tell are instruct me in the wright direction please need help badly. 

mitchellgy
   jumping on the bandwagon;

jumping on the bandwagon; i have given a bad e-mail address for mitsubishi ws65513 problem that should be    [email protected]    thanks again! guy

Istenes
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

We are also affected by the blinking green light problem and would really appreciate the instructions on repairing it.

Thanks very much!

Email: [email protected]

GooseDay
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

I have the WS-65513 model.  Same situation here...we were out of town as well and came back to a green blinking light.  Can you please send repair instructions to [email protected] ---- Thank You!

Daina

Samson4770
Same model, same problem. Got

Same model, same problem. Got back from Niagara falls to the blinking light. Nice surprise to see, or not I should say,  when you get back from vacation eh, Daina?  May I also have the full fix forwarded to me, please? [email protected] Thanks Larry!

Eddie M
hello

hello

i have the same problem i was wondering if i could get the instructions too.

thank you very much eddie

Email: [email protected]

Joe Rent
Larry,

Larry,

I have the same problem with the blinking light. If you would please send the instructions.

Thanks for your support,

Joe

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
[email protected],

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected] , [email protected], [email protected], I have sent all of you the repair documents you have requested. Also I have included the factory service manual in this e-mail to you. Just to always remember, a TV set is NOT the place to be experimenting around inside of. If you do have any questions, please seek professional assistance. Or ask me. LOL I am also a professional. Good Luck with this repair, and the bottom line is to be careful. Let us know how you make out with this repair.

worm
 Larry

Larry

could you please send me the repair documents and factory service manual.

Thank you in advance.

worm

DerekInTexas
Larry,

Larry,

I appreciate you sending me all the helpful information about a week ago (WS-65713 purchased mid 2004.)  I have completed the repairs as per the instructions (and had a professional perform the capacitor replacement), yet the blinking light persists with no apparent change in symptoms.

Can you offer any other advice before I take it in for service and spend big $$$ to fix it?

Thanks,

Derek

Larry Dillon
Derik, the only thing I can

Derik, the only thing I can suggest is that the capacitors were not soldered incorrectly, or maybe are in wrong, or the DM board had another problem. Look around on the other boards for large capacitors that may have swollen tops. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
worm, a model number and an e

worm, a model number and an e-mail address would be great. I can not guess and send it anywhere.

worm
Sorry about that larry.

Sorry about that larry.

Mitsubishi Model WS 55513

e-mail [email protected]

Thank You

worm
Sorry about that larry.

Sorry about that larry.

Mitsubishi Model WS 55513

e-mail [email protected]

Thank You

lyndon.dallas
Larry Dillon said: If you

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, the capacitors are most likely not your problem.

Hi Larry,

Thanks in advance. I have the same problem (blinking green light of death). Can you send me the instructions on how to fix it? 

Thanks,

Lyndon 

lyndon.dallas
Larry Dillon said: Lyndon

Larry Dillon said: Lyndon where too?

Ooops,

[email protected]

sorry...

ksloflyer
Hello. I just signed found

Hello. I just signed found this site by surfing, and I too, have the dreaded green blinking light on my WS-55859 TV. I have gone as far as removing the DM board, I just need a source for the parts and the directions. I can solder as well, but I would love to have a copy of the files you are passing out Larry. Thanks alot.

[email protected]

-Kyle

Larry Dillon
Worm and lyndon, you should

Worm and lyndon, you should have the documents by now.

bkohr
I have the same problem.

I have the same problem.

Please send me the service manual and repair information.

Thanks,

Brian

[email protected]

gerry1114
larry you sound like the man

larry you sound like the man that will save my tv. could you send me the info on the blinking green light its a ws65513. please football not the same on a 29 inch tv

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore