Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Firemab68
Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

Three nights ago, our power flickered off and then right back on during the night which made the TV go off.  I tried turning the TV back on and the little green power light keeps flashing and will not go off.  I have unplugged it several times, waited for 25 minutes to as long as 8 hours, but once I plug it back in, the little green power light will not stop blinking.  My power button will not turn the tv on until the green light stops blinking.  What could be the cause of this?  How much does this type of repair cost?

Larry Dillon
This problem could be a bad

This problem could be a bad DM board.  If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included!  Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked.  I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set..  If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech.  If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks.  If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you.  Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with.  Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

jtonks
Larry,  Bless you my son. 

Larry,  Bless you my son.  After receiving your fixit file for the green blinking light of death we finally went forward with the fix.  My wife is actually better at this than I am and guess what we now have a working television back.  We replaced all four capacitors with 25 volt and 100 mu capacitors.  We had an electronics instructor at the local university solder them for us.  We installed the DM board and screwed everything back in place and then turned it on.  It went through the power on sequence and the television turned on.  We had to order the capacitors from a company called DigiKey but with two day fed ex shipping and the cost of the capacitors we were out a total of $20.  Many thanks to you and your e-mail with the Mitsibushi fix.  It worked great for us.

John and Marjolein

Larry Dillon
Well thank you!  I am so glad

Well thank you!  I am so glad it worked out for you.  It pays to look around first.  Does it not feel good to keep that 1000 bucks in your pocket?!  Spread the word about techlore.com to your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and relatives, as we here can help you with just about any gadget.  Feel free to look around and ask questions about almost anything.

MISSY GATES
please help if possible / we

please help if possible / we have a 73" HDTV mitshibushi and the green light is flashing on the front / we had a power surge but we have surge protectors on the tv and on the whole house from the electric company.  when the power surged / i went to the tv and no blinking green light but when i tried to turn it on....then the light started blinking.  it usually fixed itself in 3 days but this was last wednesday and it hasn't fixed itself yet.....i am so angry about this tv because they aren't cheap and no one around LITTLE ROCK ARKANSAS fixes them unless you bring it to them.....DUH HOW MUCH DO THEY WEIGH????  i can't believe we are stuck with a tv like this and can't even watch it.  if anyone out there has this problem / please email me with what to do

[email protected]

i really appreciate whatever anyone can suggest....outside of tossing it out the door Yell

Larry Dillon
If you try and unplug the set

If you try and unplug the set from the wall and reset it. Leave it unplugged at least for an hour or so. If that does not work I'm afraid there is a problem in the main power supply. Probably a regulator or capacitor. Good Luck and let us know  what happens.

M Crouse
Larry-I too have the blinking

Larry-I too have the blinking green light of death on a Mitsubishi WD 52725---Looking to save the 1000.00 dollars on repairs---Have not done any soldering since my slot car days--- but i'm willing to try to to repair that is discussed above. Can you furnish me with any repair data-- I would be very [email protected]----Thank you Marty 

Larry Dillon
M Crouse, I have sent you all

M Crouse, I have sent you all the info you should need to assist you in the troubleshooting and repair of your TV set including the factory service manual. Good Luck

GMAN915
MISSY GATES said: please help

MISSY GATES said: please help if possible / we have a 73" HDTV mitshibushi and the green light is flashing on the front / we had a power surge but we have surge protectors on the tv and on the whole house from the electric company.  when the power surged / i went to the tv and no blinking green light but when i tried to turn it on....then the light started blinking.  it usually fixed itself in 3 days but this was last wednesday and it hasn't fixed itself yet.....i am so angry about this tv because they aren't cheap and no one around LITTLE ROCK ARKANSAS fixes them unless you bring it to them.....DUH HOW MUCH DO THEY WEIGH????  i can't believe we are stuck with a tv like this and can't even watch it.  if anyone out there has this problem / please email me with what to do [email protected] i really appreciate whatever anyone can suggest....outside of tossing it out the door Yell

GMAN915
Sorry for the last post I got

Sorry for the last post I got carried away with the post button..... what I meant to say was I too have the dreaded blinking light on a Mitsubishi WS65869 HDTV.  I've tried everything posted here except the Capacitor replacement.  Mr. Dillon could you please send me your instructions to fix the DM board.  My email is [email protected].  Thank you for your help.

Larry Dillon
GMAN, I sent you four

GMAN, I sent you four different files to assist you in locating the right DM board and to perform the proper repair. Good Luck

GMAN915
For some reason I didn't

For some reason I didn't receive them could you please send them again to [email protected] or [email protected].  Thank you again.  Terry

Larry Dillon
GMAN, I sent them to both

GMAN, I sent them to both addresses you left. Good Luck

GMAN915
Thanks again...I pulled the 7

Thanks again...I pulled the 7 caps out from the DM board and now I'm on the hunt to find them locally.   Are those available from Radio Shack??

Larry Dillon
+You may find the regular

+You may find the regular ones but you really should replace them with the high temp type. They should say 105c on them after the value. Mouser electronics has them.

jknew
Larry,  we are also

Larry,  we are also experiencing the green light effect.  Could you please send the instruction file to [email protected].  Thanks so much for the help.

Larry Dillon
jknew, i have sent you the

jknew, i have sent you the documentation you requested to repair your TV set, if that is the capacitors are the problem. You set has the older type of DM board in it. You will have seven capacitors that will need to be changed. The pictures and the information should guide you in the right direction. Good Luck

GMAN915
Well I just received the CAPS

Well I just received the CAPS tonight from FED-EX.  Soldered them in quickly and wala.......I have a TV again.  I want to thank Larry Dillon and everyone else that participated, for all of your help in saving $1000 for a TV that I'm still in love with since 2002.  I just recently put an HDMI to component Converter to get 1080i upconversions on DVDs and it looks just as good as my friends 2007 Sony 60" Bravia or what ever they call those things.  It's hard to part with something that still looks great and has been very reliable for the past 5 years.  I bought extra caps (I have the separate card with 7 caps) to ensure that if it happens again, I'm ready.  Everything electronic has a life span, and I was happy to get 5 good years from this TV.  However, I still like it so much that firing up the soldering iron was definitely the way to go.  Thanks for a great site.  You guys rock!!!Smile

Gunnar
Larry Dillon said: Great to

Larry Dillon said: Great to hear you repaired your TV set.

Looks like you have another one needing that file Larry, me.

Same thing with the flashing light and unplugging with no luck.

MItsubishi WS-55613

[email protected]

rarainey
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I've got a mitsubishi with the same ominous green light issue!  Can you send me the file you mentioned?  [email protected].  Thanks!

Larry Dillon
rarainey, many models

rarainey, many models mentioned here. Which one is yours?

ron824
Hi, Same problem here too

Hi, Same problem here too with WS65869.  Could you please send file to me also.  Thanks!!

rarainey
Sorry about that Larry, will

Sorry about that Larry, will get eh model nunber and post tonight.  Thanks!

Larry Dillon
GMAN915, I remembered now

GMAN915, I remembered now that when I sent these files, I got an e-mail from the United States Government saying that pictures are not allowed on these types of e-mails and the e-mails were sent but the pictures were deleted. Something to do with them being military e-mails I think. Thats why you did not get the pictures.

Larry Dillon
Ron824 where would you like

Ron824 where would you like me to send them, to lala land, the land of make believe? LOL

Stormy1st
We have a 55" Mitsubishi

We have a 55" Mitsubishi 1080i with the flashing green light and no power....it happened after a power outage 2 weeks ago....GRRRRR

Can you send me the file you reference? 

[email protected]

If we don't have to spend $1000+ I'm ok with that!!!

kappelert
Larry-I've got a similar

Larry-I've got a similar problem on a Mitsubishi WD 52725.  I get a blue screen after 3 minutes, then power goes off after 30 seconds and I get the blinking green light.  I got a $700+ estimate to replace the DM board.  I'm willing to try the repair myself, but I'd like to have info that was specific to my model.  If you can help out, I'd be very grateful.  -Tim

Larry Dillon
stormy whats the model number

stormy whats the model number, and Tim where do i send it?

kappelert
[email protected]

[email protected].  Thanks!

Larry Dillon
Tim, I have sent the fix as

Tim, I have sent the fix as well as the factory service manual so you can attempt to repair your TV set. If you do see the capacitors swollen, and do not have the soldering experience, it is best if you find someone who has the soldering experience, as it is very easy to ruin this printed circuit board. Good Luck

KAMARON
Having the same problem with

Having the same problem with the blinking green light. Email me with instructions to change the caps. [email protected] thanks so much

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore