need instructions for mitsubishi blinking light repair

591 posts / 0 new
Last post
GENI
Larry Dillon said: Yes it can

Larry Dillon said: Yes it can Dan, it is rare but it has happened. If you do get this symptom, most likely one or more of the fuses are blown in the power supply. They are labeled F9A02 and F9A03. These are the fuse that carry the voltage to the DM and as well to other parts of the TV set. Most of the time though when I find one of these TV sets bad, or lets say dead with no green light, the fuses F9A04 and/or F9A05 are blown. This is a really good indication that the convergence IC is the issue.  I have in the past also replaced the DM capacitors and then the green light goes out after about a minute, and have found the convergence IC(s) at fault. I say it like this because some Mitsubishi TV sets only have one convergence IC, I guess you would know that already though.

my problem is trying to turn on my tv wt42313  either by using the remote or using the power button and it goes off after a few seconds repair man came by just for the labor is going to cost 200.00 plus i already paid 60.00 for him to come look  at the tv. help  geni San Mateo

GENI
Larry Dillon said: Yes it can

Larry Dillon said: Yes it can Dan, it is rare but it has happened. If you do get this symptom, most likely one or more of the fuses are blown in the power supply. They are labeled F9A02 and F9A03. These are the fuse that carry the voltage to the DM and as well to other parts of the TV set. Most of the time though when I find one of these TV sets bad, or lets say dead with no green light, the fuses F9A04 and/or F9A05 are blown. This is a really good indication that the convergence IC is the issue.  I have in the past also replaced the DM capacitors and then the green light goes out after about a minute, and have found the convergence IC(s) at fault. I say it like this because some Mitsubishi TV sets only have one convergence IC, I guess you would know that already though.

my problem is trying to turn on my tv wt42313  either by using the remote or using the power button and it goes off after a few seconds repair man came by just for the labor is going to cost 200.00 plus i already paid 60.00 for him to come look  at the tv. help  geni San Mateo

GENI
my problem is trying to turn

paulb
hi larry, i too am having the

hi larry, i too am having the problem with the blinking light on my mitsubishi ws-55613.  please send me the detailed instructions for the dm board and the capacitors as well.  thank you.

GENI
yes i also need  detailed

yes i also need  detailed instructions for the dm board an the capacitors thank you so much

geni san mateo

Gene H
Larry Please send me repair

Larry Please send me repair instructions for flashing green light on mitsubishi ws 55511 tv

thaks,

Gene

Gene H
Gene H

Gene H

Larry my email for green light om mit 55511 is

[email protected]

kimyo789
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Can you please send me the repair information on Mit WD 52825.

[email protected]

Revert
I would really appreciate a

I would really appreciate a copy of hte service manula for this also. If you could sent it off to [email protected] I really be in debt to you.

bigmaci
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am having the same blinking green light problem and a black and white checker board screen with my wd62725.  Would you be so kind as to send me your instructions to fix these problems as well? 

Thanks!!

[email protected]

Revert
Larry Dillon said: Model

Larry Dillon said: Model number?

WS55813

dan in the box
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Im having the flashing green light problem with my Mitsubishi WS55813. Could you please sent me the info on how to fix it. My address is  [email protected]

Thanks

Karen73
Wow...the infamous blinking

Wow...the infamous blinking green light strikes another one....Me! With 2 teenagers and no tv, i seriously need your help. I can solder and Radio Shack's right down the street if you wouldn't mind sending me some instructions for my 2004 Mitsubishi WS-65513 65" TV at [email protected].  i would truely appreciate it. Thank you in advance, Laura

Larry Dillon
revert, Dan , and Laura, I

revert, Dan , and Laura, I will be sending out those repair documents to you all in a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

phrom
Hi Larry, I too need the

Hi Larry, I too need the instructions to fix my WD 52525 green blinking light of death, thanks very much for the help!  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
phrom, I will be sending the

phrom, I will be sending the repair docs. out to you shortly. Good Luck

FrBobT
Looking for Larry's Help.

Looking for Larry's Help.

Larry,

My Mit WS-65613 TV would suddenly turn off and get the blinking green light. I would wait a while and either unplug or use a paperclip to reset the TV. Things worked fine for some time. Now it goes dead silent with no picture, but a solid green power LED. I powered it off and back up, and the picture was back, for one hour, dead again, on for twelve minutes, turns off again and continues to have a solid green light. I think the reason it worked for one hour is that I did not use the tv for a week. Is something overheating??I have not replaced any capicitors as other posts (Oct 19, 2007, updated Feb. 7, 2008) indicated that they had replaced 4 caps and still same problem (re: Raven 1 and Porsche356A)

Any help would be appreciated, especially your repair instructions for WS-65613 would certainly help me identify what parts and which boards, etc. I am pretty hands on.  Please help!

My email is: [email protected].

Thanks in advance for help and reply.

Bob+ 

Larry Dillon
Will have that out to you

Will have that out to you shortly Bob. Good luck

endot800
hi Larry, I'm having the

hi Larry, I'm having the problem with video noise at 480i on my mitsubishi ws-55613.  please send me the detailed instructions for the DM board Capacitors replacement procedure at [email protected]. Also do you know where I can also order the 9v regulator? I'll order the caps from here: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P13119-ND

Not sure if they carry the 9v regulator. If anyone knows a place I can get this part, please PM me or email me. Thanks for your help!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/qenex/Mits/119_1407.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/qenex/Mits/119_1412.jpg

Karen73
Larry Dillon, thank you for

Larry Dillon, thank you for all the info you sent me. i will order what i need this weekend and then start my repairs.

Larry Dillon
endot, you can get the 9 volt

endot, you can get the 9 volt regulator HERE. The replacement is the MC7809CT. I will also get out to you the repair instructions. Good Luck

Dave76
I'm having the same blinking

I'm having the same blinking light problem with my Mits ws-55859. Can you send me the fix too? [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Joeblow I will send out the

Joeblow I will send out the repair info to you asap. Good Luck!

RichieWoo
Purchased in 12-04. 

Purchased in 12-04. 

Turned off TV yesterday evening, turned on today, and have a blinking green light.  Nothing in the owners guide, but from this board, seems this is a big problem.  The good news is that Mr. Larry  understands how to correct and is sharing the information.  Larry,  Please add me to the list, as I do not know what to do next.  We have a Mitsubishi WD52725.  Please send info to [email protected]

Thanks,

RichieWoo 

ashcraf4
Larry,

Larry,

I too have the blinking greenlight of death problem on my big screen. The model is ws65869 and it was purchased around 02-03' I believe. 

If it makes any difference this is not the first time I have had this problem and in the past it simply went away on its own after a few hours. This time however its been 3 days and still blinking!

All the estimates I have gotten over the phone have been around $500-600 and I cant justify spending that much on a tv this old. Especially when it could probably be replace for around $1,600 or so with some shopping around haha.

Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way,

Brett

[email protected] 

bobh
Larry,

Larry,

I had the blinking green light and changed all seven caps per your email. Plug in the TV and the green light flashed for a few minutes then went out the TV come on and worked fine. After a minute the TV shuts off and green light flashes. I have WS-55859. Any Ideas? On the DM board I noticed the two small diodes had a different value from each other. Thanks [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Check the voltages coming

Check the voltages coming into the DM. Make sure they are what the block diagrams say they should be. It sounds like you are almost there.

bobh
Larry,

Larry,

I check power @ the PBC  power connector found all voltage is there and correct, ground is good. I checked with TV on. The TV lost power about 2 minutes  and went into shut down mode. With the blinking green light , I still had voltage at the PBC connector with TV off. What is turning the TV off? Thanks larry  [email protected]

JeremyP
Larry,

Larry,

I also would like you to send me the instructions to fix my blinking green light on ws-65613.

Thank You!

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Jet mechanic, perform the

Jet mechanic, perform the diagnostic check as per the service manual. Check the vltages in the main switched power supply.

Pages

Connect With Techlore