need instructions for mitsubishi blinking light repair

591 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
You can only purchase the DM

You can only purchase the DM board from an authorized Mitsubishi Service center. I will send you out the repair documents shortly. Replace every capacitor I have highlighted. this will not repair every DLP TV set with problems. I have done about 55 to 65% ARE SUCCESSFULL. Good luck.

jd5449
larry I have a 55813 I had

larry I have a 55813 I had the dm problem but now when i turn the tv on i get swiggley line for about 1min then it clears up

Larry Dillon
What capacitors did you use?

What capacitors did you use? Were the caps really swollen? If they were, did you clean up the board from the nasty cap juice? That will cause some nasty symptoms.

Sami
kone510 said:

kone510 said:
please send diagram for replacing capacitors on power supply to [email protected]... Thanks

WD-52525

jd5449
yes the caps were swollen but

yes the caps were swollen but not all but replaced all to be on the safe side didn't replace with high temp like what came out 105c but with some from radio shack 85c but the tv has been working fine for about 6 months the line are not real bad but i know it is only going to get worse. but as long as the tv is warm i never have a problem it has to be off about 4-5 hrs before it will happen

Larry Dillon
You cannot or should not use

You cannot or should not use the Radio Shack capacitors. That is probably your problem.

tuber2
Hi Larry...It seems I am also

Hi Larry...It seems I am also in need of your assistance. I have a ws65869 & the green light is flashing and it doesn't stop ... I am a engineer so soldering isn't a problem could you send me some help. Thanks
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
On it's way MR. Engineer.

On it's way MR. Engineer. Good Luck with the repair.

Zanto
Hello!

Hello!

Well, I guess this is the place to find a solution to the infamous "green blinking light", right?

I've had my WS55813 for about 4 years now. Usually, when the set shut off on it's own, unplugging the set for awhile would do the trick. Those days are gone. She's not coming back on for me now.

Larry - please forward your legendary instructions to [email protected]

I'm an Electrical Engineer with all the tools necessary. Thanks in advance for your help!

Larry Dillon
nope, I really wiah you would

nope, I really wiah you would Have you figured out that something was really wrong before NOW! There is a really good possibility that your DM is already burned out!. I will however still send you the repair tips and if your a lucky dude, then perhaps there is still a hope. If a TV set revelise a peoblem and the problem goes away. Do you really think the set repairs itself? Good luck with the repair.

Mike_P
Larry,

Larry,

When you get a free moment, can you send me the instructions for the blinking light problem on a Mitsubishi WS-65511. My email is [email protected]

Thanks
Mike

Neo491
Hi Larry, I don't know if you

Hi Larry, I don't know if you saw my post but my TV has the green flashing light of death and I was wondering if I could get the instructions to fix it. I recently bought the service manual for it and pulled out the DM module. I just want to make sure I do this correct. Also I do have waves running through my screen now so I am not sure if there is more damage that I have done since I waited so long to try and fix it. If you could help me out that would be terrific. thanks a bunch.

Larry Dillon
Neo491, must have missed you.

Neo491, must have missed you. What is the e-mail address?

TonyGa
Having non-stop blinking

Having non-stop blinking light problem on WS65869 mfg 10/2001

Please send service manual and instructions for fix to me.
(edit doh! adding e-mail addr lamely obfuscated)

tonyg00 at hotmail dot com

Thank You

tony

tatersmommy
Larry,

Larry,

When you get a free moment, can you send me the instructions for the blinking light problem on a Mitsubishi WS-65869. My email is [email protected]

Thanks
Bill

TonyGa
ping.

ping.
checking in for repair manual and instructions for blinking light requested previously.
tonyg00 at hotmail dot com

Larry Dillon
Tony, are you kidding man? I

Tony, are you kidding man? I have sent it to you twice already dude. You have a firewallwall limit? Have you checked your junk or bulk mail?
Give me a GOOD KNOWN E-MAIL ADDRESS PLEASE. Man I have sent it several times already!

TonyGa
Yep, checkecd junk, How big

Yep, checkecd junk, How big is the manual maybe it is hitting hotmail's zie limit.
Try this address,
tony at thegastonfamily dott com

sjkep58
Larry, i know you have been

Larry, i know you have been besieged by requests but i found this link on the net after my WS65613 started the blinking green light syndrome desicribed in this thread. And after calling a repair man who said it would cost me $1000 dollars to replace the dm board and probably a month to get the part. I thought i would attempt this repair you speak of. Could you plz send the instructions to [email protected]. I thank You for your time.........

Larry Dillon
You only need to post yout

You only need to post yout request in one place.

dougw246
Larry, I have a WD-65831 with

Larry, I have a WD-65831 with the blinking green timer LED. The TV does not respond. I have not seen this model mentioned in any posts. Is it prone to the same capacitor issue on the DM board? If so, please send me the repair information to [email protected].

Thanks,
Doug

Larry Dillon
I do not have that model

I do not have that model number but you can get a service manual from Here
http://www.servicemanuals.net/results.aspx?type=SM&brand=0&model=WD65831 Good Luck

dougw246
Thanks for the reply. I have

Thanks for the reply. I have a copy of the service manual. Do you think it is the capacitor issue? If so, which ones need replaced? Thanks.

Larry Dillon
If the service manual is an

If the service manual is an electronic copy, I would need to see it please. Send to [email protected]

trd6209
I see a lot about the

I see a lot about the Blinking Green Light of Death that keeps their TV from powering on. My Green Light never stops the slow blinking after turning the TV off, but works otherwise with no problems. The thing is, I have had this TV for a few years, and after the unit cooled down, the green (timer) light always stopped blinking. Now this light continues to blink. I wake up and it's still blinking from the night before. The owner's manual doesn't address this as a problem and I have tried to reset the system and after the 2-minute blinking light after reset, the TV goes back to the slow continuous blink.  Am I looking at a sign of impending doom? I am leaving for Iraq in a few days and I am sure that my wife won't be too happy if this quits working while I am gone. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Matt

Larry Dillon
Matt, sounds like your set is

Matt, sounds like your set is on the power saver mode. Go to the menu and take it off of power saver.

dougw246
Larry, Did you get the

Larry, Did you get the service manual for the WD-65831? Any thoughts on my blinking light issue?

Thanks,
Doug

deb50
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
revert, Dan , and Laura, I will be sending out those repair documents to you all in a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

Hi Larry I'm a new member deb50, I'm in need of the same documents for my WS55813 also, Got that crazy blinking green light. They could be emailed to [email protected]

Thanx's Dale 

kburnz
Hi Larry, looks like im the

Hi Larry, looks like im the latest victim of the infamous blinking light.Can you please send me the repair info for mits 55859. Thanks [email protected]

Jay47
Larry Dillon said: Where

Larry Dillon said: Where would you like me to send them too!? You will need to leave an e-mail address for me to send those documents out to you.

Apparently my TV has hit the magical 3 year mark as well.  Could you please send me those manuals?  Thank you so much for your help!

[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore