Mitsubishi ws-55813 Green Light blinking...

557 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tom Saenz
This message is for Larry

This message is for Larry Dillion.....

I'm having the same problem with the green blinking light on my Mitsubishi WS-55813.

Can you please e-mail me inofrmation on how to fix it ??

Your help is much appreciated.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Tom, the documents and the

Tom, the documents and the service manual will be on their way shortly. Good Luck with the repair.

santana
This message is for Larry

This message is for Larry Dillion. 

Hi, I am another WS 55813 owner.  This past Sat. -right before the Super Bowl no less, I was watching a video with my granddaughters thru the units front jacks.  After about an hour, the screen went dead and ever since alll that happens is the darn green timer light(next to the power switch) just keeps blinking non stop.  Inserting a paper clip into the reset hole stops the light from blinking -but once the paper clip is removed, it just continues to blink non stop with no way to power up the set. Any help in repairing -and preventing a reoccurence(seems like a very common problem with this set judging by all the emails) would be greatly appreciated(poor me I had to watch the Super Bowl on a 27 inch set -better than nothing!).

thank you!

Sam/[email protected]

Larry Dillon
On their way this morning Sam

On their way this morning Sam. Good luck

Larry Dillon
Sam, your email cam back as

Sam, your email cam back as not good or undeliverable. Man get it right if you ask for assistance as when I put your email on a bulk mailing and it stops because of a mishap, it messes up the entire flow. GET IT RIGHT!

santana
Larry Dillon said: Sam, your

Larry Dillon said: Sam, your email cam back as not good or undeliverable. Man get it right if you ask for assistance as when I put your email on a bulk mailing and it stops because of a mishap, it messes up the entire flow. GET IT RIGHT!

Sorry Larry, my email address is just.... [email protected].

Larry Dillon
Sam, I will be sending these

Sam, I will be sending these out again in a little bit. Hopefully you have the right e-mail. Good Luck with the repair.

jms-needhelp
Just an update folks.  I left

Just an update folks.  I left my set sit for the day whilst I had ordered the parts and waited for them to come in (ordered enough for 5 repairs if you're in the MD area).  Just for grins I tried to turn the set on the next day and viola!  I've been running the set since the day after it went out, of course keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for my parts to come in you just never know when they're really going to konk out on ya.

BTW, my caps came in from Ken's electronics just came in on Thursday so needless to say it takes a while for them to come in!

KZXten

plaskie
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

came across this message board as I now have the green light of death flashing on my 55813.  I would appreciate you adding me to your list to receive the repair info docs.  Thanks! [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Plaskie, I will send those

Plaskie, I will send those out to you in a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

Mitcheti
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

It sounds like a pandemic, I won't fix it myself but I have a warranty and would like the data just to follow along with the repair (55813) Please email me at [email protected]

Larry Dillon
I have just sent out the

I have just sent out the repair info to you. Hope you can use the info as others have. Good Luck

molar
I too have the dreaded

I too have the dreaded blinking green light.  Please send me the fix to the following address [email protected].  Thanks so much for your help! 

TMuhammad
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

Thanks for the repair info, it really helped. But I was also wondering if you knew what type solder it takes to put the fuses back on. Thanks again.

Larry Dillon
Regular 60/40 type solder

Regular 60/40 type solder will work fine.

rocko
my plea is for Larry Dillon,

my plea is for Larry Dillon, please help me out. I too have the same problem like everyone else, with my mitsubishi projection model ws55813, the green light wont stop flashing and the tv will not turn on.  please send me the info on how to repair.  I also know how to solder.my e-mail address is                       [email protected]                I realy appreciate the help.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Thank you

bgndc
Larry,

Larry,

Please sent bgndc@aol a copy of your  instructions on how to repair a Mitusbushi projection tv with the flashing green light.

Thanks- 

Larry Dillon
Will do man. I hope it is the

Will do man. I hope it is the right model as listed on the thread. Good luck

mgrove99
Dear Dillon, my light also

Dear Dillon, my light also blinks for days on end. Then, it will work for a day or two, then back to blinking for more days. Reset does nothing. Please email me at [email protected] with your repair directions if you would be so kind. I looked but could not find the repair directions anywhere on the site. Did I miss them or do you only send them out when asked? Please advise.

Larry Dillon
mgrove, I will send them out

mgrove, I will send them out to you asap. Good luck with your repair.

Larry Dillon
Hope you posted the right

Hope you posted the right model numberer. I will have them out to you asap. Good Luck with the repair.

Blocker853
Larry, you will never guess

Larry, you will never guess what was blinking on my WS-55813 TV?  Okay, you guessed it, it is the green light of death.  It was blinking from Thursday of last week until Monday of this week.  Then, for no apparent reason it stopped and I was able to turn on the TV.  I believe it is just playing with me, setting me up for another 'blinking' event.  Would you mind sending me the instructions on how to repair this problem?  My email address is [email protected]      Thanks.

Larry Dillon
blocker853, I will have that

blocker853, I will have that information out to you in just a little bit. Good Luck

SoundMeister
LARRY !!!!

LARRY !!!!

You da' man, man. I got my TV to work again...Thanks to your detailed instructions :-)

Thanks a million for your help with this issue Larry. You sure saved me a bundle on this.

I am not a fan of lawsuits, but Mitsubishi should be sued for using such low quality parts on a TV which was marketed and sold to me as a premium/top-of-the-line TV, not to mention the $3k plus tax, I had paid for it. It failed with less than 600 hours on it !!! I am not sure how other consumers are feeling about this, but that is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable to me.

To the people out there still to tackle this job, here are some of my notes, after going through with it:

1) Take your time with it. It is an EXTREMELY UNcomplicated process, but it is rather lengthy since there are quite a few steps to go through. If you know how to read and follow instructions you'll be able to manage it without any issues.

2) DO NOT forget to remove the 1 or 2 woodscrews which hold the electonics tray fixed into the bottom of the TV chassis, when time comes to pull out the tray. Those wood screws are black, the tray is black, and for me it wasn't the easiest thing to locate them. They are at the very edge of the tray and TV bottom, close to where the power cord gets into the tray.

3) As Larry has already emphasised-but it pays to mention it again: after the caps are changed, make sure to place the DM board back, first, WITHOUT the shield. This way you can follow and watch exactly-and being able to make the minute corrections necessary to properly insert the DM board into the 4 connectors at the bottom. After the DM board is properly seated, then, you can just as easily place the metalic shield over it, and screw it into place.

Best of luck to all, and once again MANY, MANY THANKS Larry!!!

Larry Dillon
Glad to hear! Congrats!!!

Glad to hear! Congrats!!! Also, do not forget to look at the service manual and see how the front of the TV set comes out so you can clean the nirrors and lens. It makes a world of difference on a lot of the sets.

jms-needhelp
As a side note, I along with

As a side note, I along with blocker853 had my set start working again.  Please do purchase the parts as they are not very expensive but for me the 'fuses' did take a while to come in.

Guess I must have seen this coming and I did take out the extended warranty from where I purchased my set so it is still covered.  At any rate like I said in my earlier post, to be on the safe side and since the parts are inexpensive I ordered extra :).

Larry Dillon
KZ, if your set started to

KZ, if your set started to work again and you do not change the caps, you might not be able to recover the DM board when it finally quits for good. I have seen the caps blow out several IC's inside the DM. The fact that it stopped working and started to work again is a clear indication of pending doom. Change the caps while you have the chance.

easyrider159
Larry, It seems this is a

Larry, It seems this is a common problem I am in the same boat as all the rest.

I have a WS-65613 that has the dreaded blinking green light. none of the other quick fix's are going to work this time.

If you would be so kind to sen me the repair instructions I would be deeply appreciative.

any drawings or links that can help me would very useful.

My email is: [email protected]

Thanks so much

Larry Dillon
easyrider, I will send out

easyrider, I will send out the repair instructions in a little bit. Good Luck with your repair.

TMuhammad
Hey Larry. Its me again. I

Hey Larry. Its me again. I followed your directions, but I think I may have messed with the soldering. The fuses aren't shaky and the solder looks pretty good in my opinion. Yet he green blinking light of death stills plauges me. I'm wondering if i should have someone else look at the soldering or what. Any suggestions are greatly appriciated.

Pages

Connect With Techlore