Mitsubishi ws-55813 Green Light blinking...

557 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
So glad to hear you repaired

So glad to hear you repaired your TV set. Great news!

prossi
Hello Larry, Like many others

Hello Larry, Like many others with a Mitsubishi WS-55813, I have the green light flashing issue. I would be most appreciative if you would email me with the fix. Than you in advance. My email address is [email protected]

bcrand
Larry, like everyone else in

Larry, like everyone else in this thread, I have the dreaded blinking green light issue with my Mitsubishi WS-55813. Could you please forward me the repair instructions to [email protected]. Thanks in advance Larry!

bcrand
Larry, I hate to bug you and

Larry, I hate to bug you and I can see from the number of posts you've made you are a busy man, but it would be great if you could forward the DM board reapair instructions for the Mitsubishi WS-55813. Thanks a million!

Brian
[email protected]

tincup
mr.dillon

mr.dillon

i sent you an email regarding my wonderful..lol..mitsubishi ws-55813..the problem is while im watching it, it suddenly turns the screen blue.looses the volume and shuts off due to no signal.the television progressively got worse.it did it occasionally and i just shut it off and turned it back on and it worked fine.it will only stay working for a few seconds before the screens turns blue and i loose volume..resetting seems to no longer help..

any help would be appreciated....email is [email protected]

thanks for your time

mark

Larry Dillon
Mark, I replyed to your e

Mark, I replyed to your e-mail already. good luck!

cyclopse17
I posted under the wrong

I posted under the wrong thread. I have the same blinking green light issue with my WS-55813. Is the repair simple or complicated? Can you send me the repair docs too?

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
longhorn simple repair if you

longhorn simple repair if you can solder and follow directions, I will have them to you shortly, Good Luck

cyclopse17
Larry,

Larry,

As you can tell by my email address I went to a public university so I will never claim I can follow directions, but for some unknown reason, after over 50 hours of blinking...sometimes solid and then sometimes blink for 50 seconds off for 30 seconds, my TV came on late yesterday. I am not sure I am out of the woods and not sure I need to do anything?

I will probably wait to see if it does it again, unless you have heard of this happening and the problem will return?

Thanks for your help.
I feel like my TV got a death row pardon from the governor.

Larry Dillon
That is an indication that

That is an indication that the capacitors are for sure going bad.If you do not change them right away, you will have to spend about 800 to 1000 bucks for a new DM board. They will for sure blow that bugger out. spend a few bucks now or a ton of bucks later. I am sure you as a college person will pick the right way to go.

jdrayw1
i have a mitsubissho ws 65513

i have a mitsubissho ws 65513 tv it has the green light issue the light just keeps flashing and the tv wont power up could you please send me the instructions to fix this i would appreciate it verry much thank you

[email protected]

rokafella
I gt a ws-55813 with the same

I gt a ws-55813 with the same issue. Please send fix. Txs.
Rocke

[email protected]

MrFixxit1950
Yet Another Mitsubishi TV

Yet Another Mitsubishi TV Power Problem: My son-in-law just gave me a WS-55809 with the infamous power problem (he just bought a new TV). On another web site I found the info about the 2 fuses (F9A04 & F9A05) and I have verified that they are both in an opened state. I put jumpers across them and verified that the TV powers up, but only left it on long enough to be sure that was the issue. Once I saw that is wasn't going to shut down and I got a good picture from the DVD plaver, I turned it off, figuring that there has to be some reason that the fuses blew and the jumpers then risk damaging something else.

Do you have the repair manual in PDF or or some other digital format?

What are the specs for the fuses? Is there an alternative replaceable fuse I could put it there? Could it have just been all the dust? I did use a little compressed air to clean it out. Do the 2 convergence IC's need to be replaced for sure or is there a way to test them?

Thanks,
Steve

ebizzell
I also have a WS-55813 and

I also have a WS-55813 and have had the power-on problem in the past. Please send me the repair info. Thanks in advance.

Ed B.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Steve big mistake man! You

Steve big mistake man! You are so so lucky that you did not blow up that TV set or worse yet started a fire or something to the same. Fuse are in a circuit to protect the rest of the set, Just hope you did not cause any other damage to it. Those fuse are 5 amp type and protect the plus and the minus 22 volts going to the convergence IC's you need to replace the convergence iC's and then replace the fuses. as far as the service manual. Go to techlores homepage and click on the free manual download banner and then view the list if my memory serves me right the manual is uploaded there already. Good luck

MrFixxit1950
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
Steve big mistake man! You are so so lucky that you did not blow up that TV set or worse yet started a fire or something to the same. Fuse are in a circuit to protect the rest of the set, Just hope you did not cause any other damage to it. Those fuse are 5 amp type and protect the plus and the minus 22 volts going to the convergence IC's you need to replace the convergence iC's and then replace the fuses. as far as the service manual. Go to techlores homepage and click on the free manual download banner and then view the list if my memory serves me right the manual is uploaded there already. Good luck

Larry,

Thanks for the feedback and your concern for safety, although, I took
precautions to avoid major lose (burning down the house).  I was working on a concrete floor in the
garage and I have a fire extinguisher close by.  Also, the unit was given to me by the original
owner, so my investment is only time (so far).

Regarding the service manual, this is a V-18 chassis.  The closest
manual I see on the download list is for the V-19 chassis.  There are also V-21 and V-23 manuals there. 
Is the information on any of these models the same as the V-18 or should I look
for the correct manual someplace else?

Thanks,

Steve

chatlunatique
Larry, can I please get the

Larry, can I please get the tech docs to to solve the blinking light on thw Ws 55513 TV? Thanks.

Tom

[email protected]

MrFixxit1950
Tom,

Tom,
I'm not sure what has happened to Larry or how often he checks this forum, but I will share what I found on my WS-55809.

There were 2 blown fuses (F9A04 & F9A05). They look more like resisters than fuses except that are light green in color and they don't have the color bands (note: they are soldered in). You have to test them with an ohm meter to see if they are okay. They are supposed to protect the "convergence IC's." As I understand it, these IC's can go bad and cause the fuses to blow. In that case you are supposed to replace the IC's and the fuses. I suspect that in my case a power surge or some other external event took them out, even though the set pas plugged into a surge protector. I replaced the two fuses and my TV works fine. The worst part of the job is getting the circuit board out to work on it (and back in again). NOTE: I used a fine point, battery powered, soldering iron ($19.99 from Radio Shack) and a solder sucker to remove to bad ones. I had to go to an electronics supply store to get the replacements - Radio Shack doesn't carry them. In my case that required a drive to Salt Lake City, 35 miles from where I live, which means that the cost of the drive greatly overshadowed the cost of the fuses ($0.93 each - I got a couple extras while I was there).

My personal favorite electronics store:
RA-Elco Inc
2780 S Main St
South Salt Lake, UT 84115

My red projector needed to be adjusted slightly (using the menu via the remote control) which is what the convergence is all about.

Best Regards,
Steve

trncgb
Same problem here - 55813

Same problem here - 55813 green blinking light. Can someone send me the instructions to fix please? [email protected] Thanks

rosyorange
I am having the green

I am having the green blinking light problem on a WS 55813. Could I get the instructions via email to [email protected] ?

Also, I am not a TV techie so I do not have the pliers , meters, etc. Will it be easy or hard repair?

Has anyone received a quote to repair this through an authorized service center.

AuntieK7151
I have the same problem (1080

I have the same problem (1080 HDTV WS-55513). We unplugged the TV and when we plugged it back in, the timer light (green blinking light), started and didn't stop for a long time. When we try to turn the tv on after it stops, it starts all over again. The reset button doesn't seem to work.

Larry Dillon
whwewrwe to???? i do not ead

whwewrwe to???? i do not ead minds. mn it i hrd enought tot answer hese hing,

rosyorange
Larry, I put my email address

Larry, I put my email address in my post. It is [email protected]

Lord Crystallion
Well hello all, I guess am an

Well hello all, I guess am an UFO er (lol) to because I have the blinking green light of death on my WS-55813. If anyone would share a manual or work around I would be most happy.

Its football season and it's just unamerican not to support my team during the season.
Thank you in advance

My email is: [email protected]

Roy Bell
Hey Larry, I've got a Mits

Hey Larry, I've got a Mits 55813 and the green light is blinking could you please send me the module fix please ! My email is [email protected]

RBina
Larry,

Larry,

I have a Mitsu WS-55813 with the same blinking light (and assumed module) problem as everyone else. Would love the directions on how to remedy. in looking at this forum you appear to be a godsend.

Thanks MUCH

[email protected]

livelarg
Howdy.

Howdy.
I moved my ws-55613 to another house. it was perfct until I moved it, now I have the

Logan Cade
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I have a WS-55813 with the flashing green light problem also. Could you send me the info also - [email protected] - Thanks.

Logan Cade
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I have a WS-55813 with the flashing green light problem also. Could you send me the info also - [email protected] - Thanks.

N8dogg
Mitsubishi WS-55315 55-inch

Mitsubishi WS-55315 55-inch TV pLEASE SEND ME THE FIX TO MY tv. tHANK YOU.

Pages

Connect With Techlore