Mitsubishi ws-55813 Green Light blinking...

557 posts / 0 new
Last post
SoundMeister
Hello and Happy New Year to

Hello and Happy New Year to all...

Well, surprise surprise!!! Surprised

My 3-year-old Mitsubishi WS-55813 has also been afflicted with the dreaded "blinking green-light of death" Cry

Larry, I would greatly appreciate if you could email me all the necessary info to perform the repair. Although I do not have any electronics repair experience, I am quite handy with all things mechanical. Once I get the DM board out, I plan on taking it to a friend who works in the electronics field and let him do the actual replacement of the capacitors. He also has access to a Digi-key account through his work.

Larry, do you happen to have the part number for the better type capacitors-the ones that are more heat resistant? I would much rather spend more now, and get the better parts, than go through all this headache again 2-3 years down the road. Not having a TV for the last 2 weeks, especially during the holidays, was not much fun at all :-(

My addy is hkvfr750f at yahoo<dot>com<.

Thanks a lot for sharing all this info Larry !!!!

Larry Dillon
Sound, the info I am sending

Sound, the info I am sending you has a part number available through mouser.com. They are available NO problem. The digikey has been back ordered for quit some time now. Good Luck with the repair.

Pops Smith
Larry Dillon,

Larry Dillon,

I am also having the same problem with the blinking green light of death. Originally, I got the tv to work for about 15 hours and now it totally dead with the only signs of life being the blinking green light. I have a Mitsubishi WS-55813. If you could please send me any directions or solutions on how to fix this problem, I would be very appreciative. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]. Thank you for your time.

Pops Smith

Larry Dillon
Pops, the repair documents as

Pops, the repair documents as well as the factory service manual will be to you later this evening. Good Luck

Ty100
Larry Dillon said: Thanks

Larry Dillon said: Thanks Rafa for those kind words. I must have missed this thread somehow? I will be sending the info Lainlow and smrodz asked for. Good Luck with the repair.

Hi Larry,

I also have a WS-55813 with a green blinking light.  Unplugging and reset do not fix the problem.  Could you also send me the information on how to fix.  My email is [email protected].  Many thanks in advance for the help!

Larry Dillon
Ty100, the documents you need

Ty100, the documents you need to repair your TV set are on their way. Good Luck with your TV repair.

PeaceRocker
Let me join the club, I also

Let me join the club, I also have a WS-55813 with a green blinking light. Frown I have tried all the reset options and they don't work. Neither does the self diagnosis and everything else I have read to do. PLS, need documents and instructions. Thanks...Peace  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Peacerocker, I will be

Peacerocker, I will be sending out the repair documents as well as the service manual for your TV set in just a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

bmxcing
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have the same problem with the blinking light.  It just keeps blinking and it doesn't stop.

I am capable of soldering and I would like you to send me  repair instructions asap.

i cant go without my tv.

thanks so much larry.

Rob

[email protected]

bmxcing
hi larry,

hi larry,

i sent the last comment. forgot to give you my information.

My Tv is a Mitsubishi WS-55813.

blinking light keeps blinking.

Send me an Email for the repair as soon as possible.

thank you so much.

Rob

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
bmx, is the model number the

bmx, is the model number the same as the thread? WS55813?

Larry Dillon
Ok Great BMX, I will be

Ok Great BMX, I will be sending out the repair information in a short while to you. Good Luck with the repair.

bmxcing
Thanks larry

Thanks larry

im gonna try my best to repair the tv.

If i have any problems i will comment back to you.

thanks again

Rob

RedMonkey
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have a WS-65613, and like so many others, I have been blessed with the Blinking Green Light Of Death on my TV.  If you would be so kind as to forward the repair info, I would be very grateful.  My 3 year old is going through Dora the Explorer withdrawl :-). 

address is [email protected]

Thanks so much

- Mike 

Larry Dillon
Mike I will send out the

Mike I will send out the repair information to you in just a little bit. Good Luck with the repair.

98formula
I have a WS-55859 and now

I have a WS-55859 and now have the same issue.  Nothing but a green blinking light.  Please, please send me the repair info.......

[email protected]

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Joe 

Go-Vikes
Happy New Year Larry!

Happy New Year Larry!

I have the ws 55813 with the blinking light as well. I have no experience soldering and was wondering if taking the DM board out myself and taking it to an experienced repairman is the way to go, or could the static electicity I've read about be a problem? OR do I try repairing myself after reading up on soldering? I would sure appreciate your advice and any manuals I would require. Also how to clean lens.  Thank you so much.

[email protected]

Go-Vikes

Richie
Hi everyone, 
Larry Dillon
Go-Vikes, If you do not know

Go-Vikes, If you do not know how to solder, take the DM to a friend or a pro to have the capacitors replace. You will however have to pay very close attention when reinstalling it as it is not an easy task to reinstall. You will need to make sure the plugs at the bottom all lined up correctly. That is one of the biggest problems after the capacitors are replaced on the  board  and the same light is blinking still. I will send you the information shortly. Good Luck with your repair.

Larry Dillon
Richie, do you see the model

Richie, do you see the model number of this thread? I will send out the information in a short while as I will need to do it separately. Good Luck with the repair.

Richie
Larry Dillon said: Richie, do

Larry Dillon said: Richie, do you see the model number of this thread? I will send out the information in a short while as I will need to do it separately. Good Luck with the repair.

Ok thanks for the reply.  Now i see the model number, sorry i must have overlooked it.   Thanks for the help.

Richie

[email protected]

RedMonkey
Hi Larry, thanks for the

Hi Larry, thanks for the information.

I replaced the caps, and reseated the board, but am still having the problem. I checked the reseating of the DM board several times, but still no success.

The caps I took off were definately bad though. I had an engineer friend of mine measure them for me... 2 were registering 0uF, one was 23 uF and the other was 27uF. Considering these are 1000 uF rated caps, they had seriously failed.

He checked the on-board fuses for me also, and they checked out ok. So, unless you or anoyone else has any other suggestions, looks like I will need to call somone in to come see what's up with this.

Just wanted to say that you though for sharing the information.

- Mike

Larry Dillon
mike, I'm through for sharing

mike, I'm through for sharing the information? Why would you say that man? It is most likely a plug or a cable that is not connected. Take off the sheild on the board, and install the board making sure the plugsa er all connected. See if the set works. If it does, disconnect power and reinstall the shield.

RedMonkey
Larry Dillon said: mike, I'm

Larry Dillon said: mike, I'm through for sharing the information? Why would you say that man? It is most likely a plug or a cable that is not connected. Take off the sheild on the board, and install the board making sure the plugsa er all connected. See if the set works. If it does, disconnect power and reinstall the shield.

Sorry Larry.... bad typo on my last post.   I meant for that to say  "Just wanted to say THANK you though for sharing the information."  My apologies for the confusion :-)

Yeah, I will try it again and see if something isn't connected properly.  I mean, what's the worst that could happen, it still wouldn't work, right?    I've gone over this 4 or 5 times now, and think I have gotten everything connected properly on the DM Module, but still have the green blinking light.   Will let you know the outcome of of my latest attempt though. 

Thanks.  

Larry Dillon
No problem, it was a bit

No problem, it was a bit confusing. You should also try and take off the shield, install the DM board to the main chassis, and make sure the plugs are seated all the way in to the main board. If the set works, unplug the set and install the shield as that is a big problem with these types and models of TV set. The DM looks like it is seated correctly, but 8 out of 10 times, it is not.

busadad
Larry,

Larry,

I noticed that when we opened the WS-55813 that I didn't have the PC fan shown in the instructions.  Is this normal?  Could this be a problem?  Can a PC fan be added so that it would turn on when the TV was powered on?  Thanks

techno-challenged
I too own a WS-55513 and am

I too own a WS-55513 and am experiencing the dreaded green"Blink of death". Can you email me some information for the fix? I would greatly appreciate it...............

Thanks, Nic

[email protected] 

Larry Dillon
A fan is not installed in

A fan is not installed in these sets and probably would have helped. I am not an engineer, so I cannot really say if it would have prevented any problems with the TV set.

Larry Dillon
techno, I will send you out

techno, I will send you out the repair instructions a little later this evening. Good Luck with the repairs.

RedMonkey
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I checked the seating of the board, and it looks like everything is seated normally.  Still just get the green blinking light when powering on. 

Oh well...  it was worth a shot.  Thank you for your assistance. 

- Mike 

PS...   anyone want to buy a used, non-functioning 65" Mitsubishi :-) 

Pages

Connect With Techlore