Help with Sony KP-65ws510

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eric Daugherty (not verified)
I have a KP-65ws510 and there

I have a KP-65ws510 and there is no picture coming through the inputs. I went through auto program to get a local analog broadcast, and when turning the channel no picture is ever present, I receive 2 seconds of audio and then I lose Audio as well. I am suspecting the video board (board B). I do not have the original remote for this unit (will a universal allow me into service mode?).

I have good OSD. It will program channels, but no raster, 2 seconds of sound on Antenna, no sound on any other input. TV/Video button will cycle through cable box, antenna, and DVD (video 1? i dunno) won't cycle to the dvi or other video inputs. Couldn't get anything from component inputs from a gaming console. There is a test when in side by side mode is there anyway to get into that without the remote? anyway to access service mode functions without original remote? Any ideas would be great.

Have noticed 6 blinks at some

Have noticed 6 blinks at some times and sometimes it only does 4.

Anyone out there have pages

Anyone out there have pages 47 to 80 of the manual for this TV? The one on download page does not include schematics...or email them to [email protected]

I went off the other

I went off the other schematic for an ra-6 chassis and measured all voltages on G board to be ok... I also measured voltages on the B board, 5v 3.3v and 9v. I measuredn these on the connector to the A board. Am i on the right track? Seems as tho9ugh i have had three different codes jump out at me, 3,4,6 blinks. I noticed when i removed the B board and powered up it was a quick six, pause, quick six typically when i turn the set on with all hardware attached, it is simply six slow blinks and never repeats itself. are the six slow ones typical and not a self diagnostic code? just curious. No one has replied to me yet so hopefully someone can tell me where to go from here...

Mahalo,

DJ

OK, i know I am talking to

OK, i know I am talking to myself here, but I measured pin 2 of IC8003 to be 3 volts... supposed to 15, does anyone have any recommendations on the repair? I figure i am looking at replacing this IC but any other known components would be great to know. And any of you pro's think this is the problem and just a faulty IC? Also, now getting the hissing sound that sounds like a bottle of soda being opened - what else should i replace? I do have sound now through my u board inputs and it will stay on, still have OSD that looks great. If my vertical out is messed up how does this allow such a nice OSD?

Larry Dillon
I am listening as I have been

I am listening as I have been here at techlore listening all along for a long time! on your repair, your on the right track as replacing the convergence ic's and associated components The only thing that puzzles me is the fact as you say the OSD looks great? If you wish to replace the convergence IC's, go to tvrepairkits.com as you get the original output IC'S and not any cheap china made chips or cheap generic types, and you get the resistors as well as the two types of pico fuses that blow out ob the D as well as the G board.along with pictorial directions and free online tech assistance in case you hit a snag along the way with the repair. You get it all at on time and no waiting for multiple shipments within 3 to 4 days as the kit is shipped priority US Mail
Good Luck
Larry

maybe i should have started a

maybe i should have started a new thread. My conv. IC's appear to be just fine, the OSD does look great. I have audio from v1 on U board but can't get the video to pass through. Getting 4 blinks when i turn on the set, sometimes six, but it does not repeat. So I am just not sure what is going on. The vertical output seems to be ok as well as I have now re-measured everything. at one point on the A board i did measure -16.8 volts where i should have -15. Hissing from the D board literally just started today, but i just cant seem to find out why the video is nopt coming on. It wants to... I know it does! The filaments are all glowing even when the OSD is off. No matter how long i spend searching i haven't seen this problem on this set and the ones i have found it on always seem to be standard CRT not rear projo's. So, I know this TV is a dieing breed, but not being able to fix it is driving me crazy. I have an AAS in electronic servicing but man am I feeling dumb :)

was getting different

was getting different blinking codes.. Replaced board "A" and all is good... Kind of. If someone is reading this maybe you know why i got into service mode to look at error codes, is no saying 8 - HV has a one by it, this is after the changing of the A- board.

Note to those who might be repairing this, I used the A board, B board, AD board, and U board out of a KP-51WS500 on my KP-65ws510 and it works great, all connections were the same so I decided to try it. Saved me 300 bucks from the cheapest one i could out of a WS510. Got the new board on ebay and it showed up in two days. But still worried about the HV problem - I would like all 0's on my service menu :) And yes I cleared the codes and it came back. Any thoughts?

peete
Hello everyone.

Hello everyone.

I have a sony Kp-57ws500..

I bought it used. The tv works fine except for the fact that The screen has too much red in it. The red outlines People or objects on the screen. (it moves with the objects. Its not set on the bottom of the screen or stuck in one spot)

Im hoping someone has had experience w/ this problem before. Im assuming its the red crt..?

can adjusting the screen voltage/focus block fix this problem possibly??

Larry Dillon
I doubt if your problem is an

I doubt if your problem is an adjustment problem?? sounds more like a convergence problem
The best advice I can tell you at this point, is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon, I need an E-mail to send the info out to you.

amfreak
just pickup up a used

just pickup up a used kp65ws510, no pic, has sound and I get 5 blinks. Can anyone help me with this?

Larry Dillon
Maybe I can help you if I had

Maybe I can help you if I had your e-mail address
Larry

mdonnelly
KP65WS510: Yesterday I

KP65WS510: Yesterday I noticed a blue shadow on the edge of my picture. The blue can't be completely converged using the setup menu. Is this a symptom of bad convergence IC's? I replaced the convergence chips two years ago but this symptom looks different.

Desertrat1
I have a kp-65510 and thought

I have a kp-65510 and thought I had a convergence problem. replaced fuses that were bad, with the convergence chips. Worked for about a month and went bad again. Checked the fuses, they were ok. The a board looked like a fuse had smoked, so replaced the a board. Still didnt work. Replaced the main board, and the convergence is still off. Ive tried to look for the problem in the repair manual and cant find anything. all fuses check out ok. I think it might be a memory thing. Does anyone know what steps to take after replacing all this stuff? the convergence three colors are still off and the picture is still bowed in the middle. If anyone can walk me thru what to do, I would appreciate it!

cavemanl
I have the 65ws510 Sony and

I have the 65ws510 Sony and the picture is really blurry after it has been on for awhile it gets a little better but not much. Any diagnosis?

cavemanl
cavemanl

cavemanl

I have the 65ws510 Sony and the picture is really blurry after it has been on for awhile it gets a little better but not much. Any diagnosis?

evil
http://www.techlore.com
Flilani
Hello on my tv I have 3

Hello on my tv I have 3 pictures in different colors. When the screen is on their are colors starting from the left with teal pink yellow red then the center is all black then the right side is dark blue, light blue, white then yellow. Any ideas on what's wrong or how I can repair thank you.

evil
Click the link below and find

Click the link below and find your model for a repair kit for your tv. your tv has a convergence issue. You will have to find the repair kit your model.

sony kp-65ws510
tv started to take 3 or 4

tv started to take 3 or 4 minutes to come on "pic wise" the n 15 minuts then 1/2 hour the 1 hour and so on then not at all. Please tell mewhat itcould be ty

Pages

Connect With Techlore