Help with Sony KP-65ws510

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
vertondem
Help with Sony KP-65ws510

Does anyone have a service manual for a Sony KP-65ws510 HDTV or can tell me if the manual for the KP-57ws500 is the same?  I obtained a copy of the KP-57ws500 already. Also, are the convergence IC's the same for both sets(392-560)? My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thanks very much

vertondem

zapdbf
The part number for the ic's

The part number for the ic's are on the part , if in doubt just look on the ic.

Larry Dillon
I sent you the service manual

I sent you the service manual but you should also read two very good articles by zapdbf before you attempt this repair. Good Luck.  The links are:

http://www.techlore.com/blog/entry/19694/Sony-Convergence-Repair-My-Sony-TV-has-a-distorted-picture-/

http://www.techlore.com/article/19631/Sony-Convergence-Procedure/

vertondem
Larry, thanks for the KP

Larry, thanks for the KP-65ws510 service manual. However, you stated that it is a Pando application. I have downloaded Pando and can't open the document. The name appears to end in .pdf which won't allow me to open it. . Can you resend it or just answer if the IC's for the KP-65ws510 are STK 392-560? Thanks. The set(tv) is not available for me to view the IC's at the moment. Thanks for your help.

Samys28
I have a Sony KF 60WE610. I

I have a Sony KF 60WE610. I replaced the bulb, the old one still looked okay, and still have no picture. Do You think it could be a ballast issue.

Thank you for your help.

zapdbf
yes - are you getting a blink

yes - are you getting a blink code ? if the ballast is replaced, sony recommends replacing the bulb as well. even though a bulb looks fine, it can still be defective.  

Samys28
Where do I look for the blink

Where do I look for the blink code?

I have a new bulb to replace. But the new bulb did not correct the problem. So I am not sure if it is a ballast or power supply. Is the ballast easy enough to replace or do we need a tech?

zapdbf
the ballast is the power

the ballast is the power supply for the bulb, if you have a bulb problem and the bulb does not fix it, it is the ballast. I have worked on more of these than i can count.  The ballast is a technical part that should be replaced by a technician, but if you are handy and feel comfortable fixing this yourself then go for it, it is not too difficult. 

With the tv plugged in, and turned on, the tv will shut down, the power or lamp light will blink red, count the blinks, the code it blinks at you is repeating, so it will blink a number of times, pause then blink again. count the blinks and stop at the pause. this number will be the failure code

GET THE BLINK CODE BEFORE BUYING THE BALLIST !!!!! -- it may be a totally different problem i re-read your statement above and it may be something entirely different than a bulb. but get that code i will help you with your answer to the problem

zapdbf
When you count the blinks,

When you count the blinks, count them more than once so you are sure you have the right number.

Larry Dillon
vertondem, uninstall pando

vertondem, uninstall pando and reinstall the software and make sure pando is turned on in your system tray. The convergence IC's in this Sony TV set are the STK392-560

Samys28
zapdbf. thank you. as soon as

zapdbf. thank you. as soon as i get the code i will let you know what it is. Thank you very much for your help. i appreciate it.

Samys28
The blink code is three. It

The blink code is three. It blinks three times and then pauses, then the cycle starts again. So it looks like the blink code is three.

What is the next step. 

Larry Dillon
Samys28, the three blink code

Samys28, the three blink code is an indication that the lamp cover is not closed or seated properly.  Do you have the cover closed when you plug in the TV set, or after you replaced the bulb?

Samys28
I have the front panel off.

I have the front panel off. Should I Put that panel back and then give it a whirl?

I will give it a try and let you know what happened.

Thank you 

Samys28
I have the front panel off.

I have the front panel off. Should I Put that panel back and then give it a whirl?

I will give it a try and let you know what happened.

Thank you 

Samys28
Thank you. That worked. I

Thank you. That worked. I forgot to put the small lamp cover on. It says on the cover that this needs to be on. I should have read that. 

Thank you for your help.  My TV works  now.

Samy 

Larry Dillon
LOL, yes this will cause your

LOL, yes this will cause your problem and I am glad you are not to stubborn to go back and check your work. I get this type of problem a lot!. Bottom line? You stood up and fixed your TV set. GOOD JOB!! Glad we could help you and in the mean time, you saved a service call also!.

Samys28
HAHA. I pride myself on not

HAHA. I pride myself on not being one of those people that make silly mistakes. I work on my own cars and I am not bad in diagnosing the problem. But electonics is something different. However, this was a silly mistake. Funny though, I can laugh at it. And thanks to you, I did not go out and buy a ballast or a bunch of other parts that I do not need. I am glad I found you and I highly recommed you.

If there is anything I can do or anywhere to go to let people know about you please let me know. I would recommend you many times over.

Thank you very much, it has been a pleasure and fun too.

Samy

Superman
Hello I have this 65ws510 and

Hello I have this 65ws510 and the color is red on the screen I have been told its the red bulb. Are these hard to replace and adjust. I was thinking of replacing and have a tech come and adjust the bulbs. I have been told to replace all of them see they are already there and it will cost the same can anyone help

Larry Dillon
First off, they are no bulbs,

First off, they are no bulbs, they are called CRT's or as we lay men call them, picture tubes. Yes it is a very good possibility that the red tube is bad, but how have you determined that this is the true fact of this TV set. How have you determined for sure this is for sure your problem? Have you taken voltage measurements? Have you had the tubes tested by a pro yet? So without you determining what the problem with your TV set, You are still a little in the dark. If you are relying on what you read or what you are told, you may be misguided as well.  Explain what type of problem you are having without doing a self diagnosis and maybe we can assist you.

81Jeremy
I have a sony kp51ws510 and

I have a sony kp51ws510 and ordered a part #859895532 hv splitter as told by a tech who came to look at my tv. It blinked eight times and he said that was the part I needed to replace. How hard will it be to put in  and make sure it's in right.

Superman
Yes it was diag by a tech

Yes it was diag by a tech because we noticed to much red on the screen, it has sat around for a year and now its time to get it done crt and bulb?

Larry Dillon
Yes, all three of the CRT's

Yes, all three of the CRT's should be replaced at once, but do one at a time then adjust the convergence for the new tube, then do the others one at a time.

Superman
Does any one know how to

Does any one know how to replace the crt's, is this complicated please point me in the right direction

vertondem
Superman,

Superman,

Does the red cover the entire screen or just the bottom portion (1/3) of the screen. Just because there is red on the screen does not necessarily mean that the tube is bad. A simple adjustment on the screen voltage/focus block might solve your problem.

Larry Dillon
He said he turned up the red

He said he turned up the red because it was low and got retrace lines.

Superman
vertondem said: Superman,

vertondem said: Superman, Does the red cover the entire screen or just the bottom portion (1/3) of the screen. Just because there is red on the screen does not necessarily mean that the tube is bad. A simple adjustment on the screen voltage/focus block might solve your problem.

It covers the whole screen

81Jeremy
81Jeremy said: I have a sony

81Jeremy said: I have a sony kp51ws510 and ordered a part #859895532 hv splitter as told by a tech who came to look at my tv. It blinked eight times and he said that was the part I needed to replace. How hard will it be to put in  and make sure it's in right.

Larry Dillon
81Jeremy, it is not that hard

81Jeremy, it is not that hard to replace, but you will need to l\know how to do it and avoid a high voltage shock. If you have no idea how to remove the high voltage leads, I would be doing a misguided service trying to explain to you, as this is a very high voltage part in the TV  set. You could get hurt. Buy the service manual as if you insist on doing this your self. Is it worth saving a few bucks to risk your life? I think not. If you try and do this repair your self, do your self a favor and make sure someone is close or nearby to call 911 when your heart stops from the shock. Good Luck

drumminguy81
i also need the manual for

i also need the manual for the kp65ws510 if anyone can send it to me i would really appriciate it [email protected]

Larry Dillon
That manual is available HERE

That manual is available HERE as a free download courtesy of techlore.com. Go and download it along with any others you see that may help you out. Good luck!

Pages

Connect With Techlore