Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
student and diedah, the info

student and diedah, the info will be sent out to you shortly. Good Luck

breakaway
Larry Dillon said: student

Larry Dillon said: student and diedah, the info will be sent out to you shortly. Good Luck

Larry Add me to your list [email protected]

breakaway
mzorola said: Breakaway,

mzorola said: Breakaway, Check into PTSCORP.  They do rebuild boards with about a 10 workday turn-around.  I am getting ready to send them my Power and DM board.  It may be a viable solution for you. www.ptscorp.com HTH

Is it possible to fix the board myself

m99028m
Larry,  I have a MItsubishi

Larry,  I have a MItsubishi WS-55511, which at first was exhibiting problems with the convergence (started about a week ago) and as of today turns off about 3 seconds after being turned on.  Would you please send repair instructions (preferably with pictures)?  Thank you!

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
breakaway, what model number

breakaway, what model number is the set?

adpanther
I will recap since the board

I will recap since the board is getting a little jumbled here. I have a WS55511, I replaced the convergence ic about 6 months ago (purchased from electronix.com) because of a visual convergence issue. One week ago my set turned itself off and went into short protect mode. I had a copy of the service manual and I recieved your instructions for the DM Module repiar and a zip of pictures for a similar but different tv.  Your immediate response was that the IC I purchased had gone bad but how do I know if this is not just the capacitor issue?

Thank you for your expertise.

Dave 

Larry Dillon
Dave, the place you bought

Dave, the place you bought your capacitors are known to sell aftermarket IC's , at least this is what I have been told, so I cannot say for 100%. You can certainly try the capacitors, as you will need to change them one day for sure.The best way to tell, would be to check the positive and the negitive voltage line and measure for resistance. Or check the pico fuse or circuit protectors on the power supply board, the same board where the IC is located.and see if they are open or not. If they are open, DO NOT simply try and replace them, as you will cause more damage. Get the proper IC's, replace them as a pair, use new heatsink compound on the backs of the new ones before you install them and THEN replace the pico circuit protectior  fuses.

adpanther
I ordered the IC from the

I ordered the IC from the recommended site as well as the capacitors and heat sink grease. I know the f9a04/5 fuses are 5 amp but what is the complete description of these fuses? I don't have a dmm right now but I can borrow one. Thanks again

Dave 

Larry Dillon
In this set They are called

In this set They are called circuit protectors. Same as small fuses or pico fuses.

bgchzy
Another one bites the dust!

Another one bites the dust! My Mitsu has the Blinking light of death. Model #ws 65613.

So can i get the valued info(Diagrams) of what capacitors to replace, and where to find them?

I am locatrd in the DFW AREA.

Email address is [email protected]

Thanks for any assistance.

Bgchzy

Amendoza
Larry,

Larry,

I too have a Mitsu WS 65713 with the blinking green light problem. Can you please send me the repair instructions.

Thanks,

Amendoza 

Amendoza
Sorry Larry, I forgot to send

Sorry Larry, I forgot to send you my e-mail.  It is [email protected]

Thanks,

Alex Mendoza 

Larry Dillon
alex and Bgchzy, I will be

alex and Bgchzy, I will be sending out the info out shortly on your model of TV set. Good Luck with the repair.

perdudanbrume
Hotrodrob said: Larry,

Hotrodrob said: Larry, Thanks for sending the service manual. I also checked the voltages on the DM board and have the 12v, 28v and 5v. None of the Caps are bulging either. Rob

I checked the -24v and the pico fuse was blown. It ended up being the convergence IC again. It was replaved about 4 months agon on and extended warranty I had. We ended up calling the company that did the warranty work because of how long it was going to take to get the IC. It cost $360 ($85 travel & $195 flat rate labor charge+ parts)to have it repaired. The repairman replaced the -24v resistor, pico fuse and the convergence IC. They also told me that another thing that they have seen with this TV is the PIP circuit causing the TV to have the same affect. If this is the case they said they can bypass the PIP circuit for $20 in parts, pluse the $85 travel & $195 flat rate labor charge). Larry thanks for the service manual as this was helpful in the diagnostics.

Rob 

Larry Dillon
Glad to hear you got it

Glad to hear you got it working again. The PIP Mod though should not coat that much man. It is only two small 35 cent capacitors. It is your TV and your call though. If your handy. I can send you the info on that mod.

hellfish
More info for Mitsubishi DLP

More info for Mitsubishi DLP owners with 52525, 62525 or similiar sets. PTSCORP is now rebuilding the entire electrical chasis.  Complete rebuild is $295 plus shipping.  A light engibe rebuild is $395 plus shipping.  This sounds like a great price!

www.ptscorp.com

Larry Dillon
That is a great price for the

That is a great price for the chassis rebuild as well as the light engine rebuild! Thanks for passing along the information man!

breakaway
Larry Dillon said: breakaway

Larry Dillon said: breakaway, what model number is the set?

WS-65869 Hope you can help me [email protected]

adpanther
Hey Larry , Do you have a

Hey Larry , Do you have a good source for the pico fuses. F9A04/5. The only online source I found will only ship ups ground and I refuse to pay $8 to ship $2 worth of fuses. They are 125v 5amp fast blow axial lead right? Thanks for the help.

Larry Dillon
Have you gone to a local shop

Have you gone to a local shop and see if they will sell you a couple of them. You may pay a little more for them, but you won't have the shipping and handling charges.

adpanther
Thats just to obvious..

Thats just to obvious.. Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Larry Dillon
LOL the easiest thing usually

LOL the easiest thing usually is to obvious. Good Luck

breakaway
breakaway said: Larry

breakaway said:

Larry Dillon said: breakaway, what model number is the set?

WS-65869 Hope you can help me [email protected]

Are you getting this message

Larry Dillon
I have it now. I will send

I have it now. I will send the documents and the service manual to you. BTW, this model of TV set has the seven capacitors you have to replace. Good Luck

The Julian
Larry,

Larry,

I have Mitsubishi WS-65713 and I'm getting the never ending green blink of death.  I have tried the reset button and also unplugging it for hours.  Could you email me the the repair details with the pictures ( I do much better with pictures). 

I'm the guy that gets the Maxim magizines (NOT FOR THE ARTICLES) but for the pictures. 

My email address is [email protected]    Thanks

ws65713
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I'm so glad to have found this discussion board!  I own a WS-65713 and it has succumbed to this blinking light problem as well.  As I understand it, I need to replace some internal parts.  Would you please send me the detailed instructions to which many others have referred on this discussion board. I would really appreciate your help!!!

my email address is: [email protected]

Thanks! 

Larry Dillon
The tripfan and The julian, I

The tripfan and The julian, I am sending you out the info you requested as well as the factory service manual. Good Luck with the repair.

rrusa
Hi Larry...

Hi Larry...

If it isn't too much trouble, I could also use any information you have regarding a fix. My Mitsu' WS-55813 died yesterday. All I get it the steady flashing green led. Tried resetting and unplugging but I'm still just getting the flashing LED.

My email is transition_reg_all and it's at hotmail dot com.

Thanks very much! 

Larry Dillon
 musa, that's not a good e

musa, that's not a good e-mail address, you have to be kidding man. I get hundreds of request for this info and I have to fix your e-mail address? LOL

lwarren56
I also have a mitsubishi

I also have a mitsubishi ws55511 witch is dead with the constant

green led blinking. could someone please send me the document

on replacing the caps on the DM module.

Thanks and merry christmas to all!!

My email is :  [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore