Green Blinking Light on Mitsubishi HDTV

783 posts / 0 new
Last post
hellfish
OK I put it together again

OK I put it together again and I still have the blinking light issue.  I went over each board and they look good.  I tested my solder connections on the DM board and they appear to be fine.  I have some questions...

Is it possible that my firmware is corrupt and that is causing a boot malfunction?

Those thin cables between the boards that feed into that pressure type ribbon cable clip--are they sensitive?  Could I have a connection issue between boards cause by those cables?  I did triple check those cables and they are firmly in place.

What else can I check?

Thanks!

Barbara Lynn
mzorola,

mzorola,

Did you make sure the DM board is seated properly.  I had to seat the board first, then put on the shield.  Make sure all grounding straps are making good contact.  You did replace the caps correct?  and the polarity is correct on them?  You check the pico fuses on the solder side of the board?  Sometimes they blow.

hellfish
Boom,

Boom,

Unfortunately the 52xxx and 62xxx DLP TVs from Mitsubishi are different in that the entire electrical chassis is one unit.  All the boards are mounted on a metal frame and interconnect using ribbon cables.  The entire assembly is encased in metal.  It is not designed for serviceability in my opinion.  All that said--I have become familiar with the unit.   I checked my caps for good soldering and polarity.  I checked the fuses as well.  The only fuses I am unsure about are the ones on the power supply.  they don;t look like the surface mount fuses and they don't look like your garden variety fuse.  I believe they look like a fat resistor.  If this is indeed the fuse then I have checked those as well and they are working fine.  I am really at a loss.  I have studied the board up close for any signs of failure and I can't see anything.  Next I will check the power supply voltages.

alex d
Bob Sharps said: I am having

Bob Sharps said: I am having a similar problem with my WS-55711 and would like to get the instructions for checking the capacitors on the DM board.  my email is [email protected].  Many thanks. Bob

Larry,

Greetings.  I've got the same issue with my WS-55711.  Please email repair instructions to [email protected].  Much appreciated.  I was just about ready to throw this TV out on the street...

Alex

Bob Sharps
Alex,

Alex,

I emailed you the repair instructions, service manual  and user friendly illustrations I received from Larry yesterday.  Did you receive them?

Good Luck

Bob

alex d
bob,

bob,

i checked and didn't get them.  maybe it got intercepted by the spam protection?  can resend it to my yahoo mail at [email protected]?  thanks!

Bob Sharps
Alex,

Alex,

I just resent them!

Good Luck,

Bob

Amiriram
Larry,

Larry,

Thank you for the tips. Just jump into TV fixing today after a busy week on job before Thanksgiving.

Right now I can locate F9A04 and F9A05 on Power PCB and meter showed these 2 pico fuse are bad by comparing the other fuses F9A002 and F9A03 nearby. Also the location of convergence IC8C01 is found with the largest heat sink. Looks like the entire piece of power PCB need to be detached from main light box assembly. That might take a novice like me some risk to disconnect several wires from the PCB board.

One dumb question about the procedure of fixing this issue. To mininize the risk of damage the board and more complicated soldering process, could I just replace 2 fuses first to make sure convergence IC is OK?

Jason

csassa1
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am having the constant green blinking light problem.  I bought it from someone today, they showed me at their house that it was working.  I got it home, plugged it in and green blinker.  I hope you have a suggestion and/or I would be grateful for a service manual for a WS-55511.

Thanks so much for your help.

Nicole

csassa1
hi again Larry,

hi again Larry,

So sorry, email is [email protected]

thanks

Nicole

Larry Dillon
Jason, replace the IC and the

Jason, replace the IC and the fuses together! These fuses do not go bad by themselfs. You could cause further damage to the set if you do the fuses first.

breakaway
Larry I had a convergence

Larry I had a convergence problem on my Misubishi WS-65869 to which a tech replaced now my set will not power up and we get a green blinking light He seems to think its a problem with a board part #930B879001 he says its not available and will take 6 weeks to rebuild its been 2 weeks and we are totally frustrated What can we do to fix this issue EW [email protected]

alex d
Larry,

Larry,

Another member of this forum, Bob, was nice enough to forward me the capacitor replacement instructions he received from you.  We have the same TV (WS-55711).  I took the back off my TV today and the photos in the instructions don't match my TV--and I don't want to pull on something back there that doesn't want to be pulled on.  Perhaps the instructions were for another Mits TV?  Could you send me instructions for my TV for me to double check???  Please email to [email protected].  I've got capacitors on the way.   Thanks!!!

Alex

Larry Dillon
alex, I have sent the correct

alex, I have sent the correct repair instructions for your model of TV set. This model has seven capacitors that should all be replaced. Good Luck

adpanther
Hello, I have a ws-55511 with

Hello, I have a ws-55511 with an error code 22 - short protect. I replaced the convergence module not long ago about 6 months and did not need to replace the fuses at that time. I really am not sure where or what to check ( or how)  so if you have some advice or instructions that could be of assistance I would really appreciate it. [email protected]   thanks very much. 

Larry Dillon
When you replace the

When you replace the convergence IC, where did you buy it from? Did you install new heat sink grease on the back of the IC before installing it?

adpanther
I bought it from electronix

I bought it from electronix.com ( who misused my credit card information afterward) I did apply heat sink grease. dave

Larry Dillon
You bought after market type,

You bought after market type, or factory reject IC's from that company. How much did you pay for them?

adpanther
around $20-$30 .. well enough

around $20-$30 .. well enough..lesson learned is there any sources you know of still selling the original or equivalant I think they were sanyo chips right? ( there was no marking other than the stk 39??????? on the original so not sure)  I would love to be a sucker right now and not have a more serious issue. Thanks again.  Dave

breakaway
breakaway said: Larry I had

breakaway said: Larry I had a convergence problem on my Misubishi WS-65869 to which a tech replaced now my set will not power up and we get a green blinking light He seems to think its a problem with a board part #930B879001 he says its not available and will take 6 weeks to rebuild its been 2 weeks and we are totally frustrated What can we do to fix this issue EW [email protected]

Can anybody help me here

hellfish
Breakaway,

Breakaway,

Check into PTSCORP.  They do rebuild boards with about a 10 workday turn-around.  I am getting ready to send them my Power and DM board.  It may be a viable solution for you.

www.ptscorp.com

HTH

Dave Breault
Larry,  What timing is this??

Larry,  What timing is this??!??!  Here it is the day before Thanksgiving and in-laws coming over to watch the tube, (football, parades etc...) and my Mitsubishi  ws 55613 has the same "green blinking light" problem I am hearing that others are experiencing.  Larry could you also forward me the info on the capacitor repair?  This is going to be a long day tomorrow! You are the man!!!  Thank you,  Dave Breault      [email protected]

adpanther
It looks like MCMElectronics

It looks like MCMElectronics.com has the stk393-110 ic in stock and according to their site it is the sanyo part. Can I trust them? also Larry if you get a chance to send over the information you have for the repair to [email protected] I would really appreciate it. Is there anything else that I should replace while I have the chassis out? Hope you have a great holiday. Dave

Larry Dillon
adpanther, to what model of

adpanther, to what model of set are you talking about?

adpanther
its a mitsubishi ws55511.

its a mitsubishi ws55511. Thanks again. Also do you trust MCMElectronics?

Larry Dillon
Well, yes and no about the

Well, yes and no about the trust. You want good IC's go HERE. I will send the info right away to you. Good Luck!

adpanther
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it. I just ordered the IC from that site. Is it possible that my issue is only the capacitors in the dm module? My tv powered down by itself before it went in to short protect mode and I haven't gotten a chance to check the capacitors yet. Is the layout of my ws55511 dm module the same as those pictures you sent?

Dave 

breakaway
Is it cost effective to send

Is it cost effective to send a board in or fix it myself What info do I need

student
I am also having the green

I am also having the green blinking light of death on my WS-65713. Could I please get the information about replacing the capacitors.

Thanks in advance,  [email protected]

diedah
  Seem to have the common

Seem to have the common problem with my mitsubishi WS55813,  i.e the blinking light won't go

off. Tried calling the dealer only to get a 900.00 worth of shock! from estimate on parts & labor.  

Kindly e-mail me info on how to take care/ replace the dm module or the capacitors.  E-mail add

Sagidum@hotmail .com. thank you.

Pages

Connect With Techlore