RCA tv goes on and off by itself

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
TDJM
I don't have an RCA

I don't have an RCA television, but I do have the RCA STB7766C converter box. I bought it a while ago but didn't use it because we had cable. Now that we need it and have hooked it up it has started to shut off by its self. It will only stay on for about 15 to 20 minutes before turning off. It is very frustrating and makes it almost impossible to watch a show on TV without getting annoyed. Does anyone know how to fix this problem??

2xMommaYork
I have an RCA model # 24V414T

I have an RCA model # 24V414T with a manufactured date of February 2002. It is doing just what you all have described -- suddenly turning itself on and off, front panel buttons either not responding or operating the wrong function. I tried to do as suggested above, opening a front panel to remove tac switches, but my TV does not have a front panel that opens. I have e-mailed RCA, but so far no response. Any other suggestions?

Muskrat
My 27 RCA TruFlat TV seems

My 27 RCA TruFlat TV seems haunted. It goes off and on by itself, and runs "search channels" by itself...exoept when I don't run the A/C. Could it be a moisture or dust issue?

jlc
same prob w/my rca. when I

same prob w/my rca. when I press a channel buttons on the face plate the tv comes on. They must be causing the problem. Thought about just removing them but how will I get it to go to the video1 channel to use the dvd player, the remote only takes the tv to channel 2?

jlc
if I remove the front panel

if I remove the front panel how do I get the tv to go to the video 1 channel to use the dvd player? my remote only takes it to channel2

rts1059
My RCA set just started

My RCA set just started recently doing the on/off issue too so, I decided to look on line and found many of you having the same symptoms. What I was experiencing was, no matter what button was pushed, it would turn off/on and also turn off/on by itself. I decided this past weekend I would take the back cover off mine, use compressed air with an air nozzle and blow the dust from every area I could. I particularly concentrated on the front control panel strip. I blew into the tact switches the best I could while I had it removed from where it is held in by two screws. Turned the set back on and realized they worked again. I was thrilled! Maybe this is a solution for some of you out there. It's worth a try.

Agnelo
With time the tact switches

With time the tact switches will get bad so you can also completely remove the tact switches from the front board that are mounted. All the functions can be done thru the remote control and you do not necessarily need the front buttons unless you do not have the remote control

napues
Lol! Our RCA wouldn't stay

Lol! Our RCA wouldn't stay on so I Googled and found this forum. I went and banged under the screen a few times and now it works! Thanks everybody! How did we survive before the internet? Lol!

Liolio
:) 5 years later: Thank you

:) 5 years later: Thank you Larry, Thank you Dwray, Thank you Google, Thank you all for the advices. The problem here was with the power button - TV turning off by it self. Solved by removing the plastic connector between the power button on the front panel and the tact-switch which is welded for the board inside.

The TV is: RCA 20F424T Manufactured May 2008

Agnelo
Thanks for posting a feedback

Thanks for posting a feedback. Im glad I was able to help a lot of those who have taken the time to leave feedback and for those who just made use of this help and got a resolution :)

leah1003
i have an RCA. a few days

i have an RCA. a few days ago, i noticed power fluctuations in the circuit it was on at our house. they were strong enough that it blew out on of my lamps. suddenly the TV wouldn't go on. then they stopped and the tv came on again. then 2 plugs exploded and the tv went off and now it won't power on fully anymore. when you press power, the little red light comes on for about a split second and then it loses power again.
but since that time we haven't had anymore power fluxs...
not sure what to make of it? can my TV be repaired?

Me Me
I have a 52 inch RCA screen

I have a 52 inch RCA screen tv, and the channel is steadily changing and then it will cut off and come back on in about 5 minutes; also the remote stop working the tv when this process is going on. Please someone help!!

Muskrat
There is no way I would spend

There is no way I would spend the money to try to fix my RCA 32". Taking the back off myself is just asking for a large electric shock. I rolled it out to the street and left it for some boat owner that needs a good anchor. Then I went to a Thrift Store and spent $30 for a lovely Asian TV.

ffiimo
52 inch rca tv hd52w66 keeps

52 inch rca tv hd52w66 keeps changing channel on its on

TBlock
Ok I have a rca 20" model

Ok I have a rca 20" model 20F424T sdtv true flat, just today it started going off and on on it's own. I thought remote, but no go. I see all the talk about tact switches and one other link claims it should be the microprocessor. My question is what is it lol would it be tact switch for the smaller rca too?

This TV isn't used all the time, but is my two son's tv and they would like it fixed since we can't afford a new one right now.

Burferd
I have a model 20F514TD aprox

I have a model 20F514TD aprox 3years old. It started this on/off and progressively worsened. I read these comments, and removed the on/off switch( after having removed batteries from the remote to see if that was the problem). I reinstalled the circuit board less the switch. Thought it was fixed, but after about 45 minutes of operation, it cut itself off. So... would removing the rest of these switches possibly be the answer? It's not changing channels itself... just on and off.

kalanbe
Thanks a whole bunch man. It

Thanks a whole bunch man. It does work. My RCA TV was turning off and on all by itself, I remove the "front control panel" and cleaned the "Tact Switch" and what do you know, problem solved.

kalanbe
Thanks a whole bunch man. It

Thanks a whole bunch man. It does work. My RCA TV was turning off and on all by itself, I remove the "front control panel" and cleaned the "Tact Switch" and what do you know, problem solved.

Mateos
I have an RCA tv (don't know

I have an RCA tv (don't know the model number because it's so old). My tv does the same thing and has been for years. The way we've found to cope with it is to just unplug it for a long while say . . . . . .i think atleast a few weeks. That usually works then when you plug it back in, it works fine for a few months. We just tease it and say that it's having a fit.

Rodney1991
How do u knw which cords to

How do u knw which cords to.remove I have a remote so I dnt need the buttons

evil
CORDS???... ,DWRAY said to

CORDS???... ,DWRAY said to remove the tact switches from the board.The buttons on front of the set,inside of it.

Pages

Connect With Techlore