SAMSUNG DLP HL-R5064W HUMMING

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
soliditalstud
SAMSUNG DLP HL-R5064W HUMMING

Hello everyone,

this pasted friday, DEC 23rd, my tv started to make a humming noise..picture is perfect with no problems at all..i did research after research using google, found countless forums but with no exact answer, some said it would be the fan. others said would be the colour wheel but nothing definite. 

So i took everything apart.. cleaned out out the fans, didnt check the colour wheel .put everything back then i got an error on the screen reading,,,

CHECK FAN 1 2 3 (the number 2 was in red and the rest of the messege was in white)

so i took a look around and tested the fan was working perfectly before i put it back in and got that error. i finally found a replacement fan exact replica from a near by repair shop and put it in today! the error is gone but the humming is still there!! the picture is perfect the lamp is on! the lamp was replaced earlier this year, probably 5months or so ago! i doubt its the lamp because it is on but it does seem like its coming from that area..

could it be the ballast? any ideas would be great .. dont want to spend more money then i have to and by the wrong items

thanks in advance!

Big Fe
If the humming is high

If the humming is high pitched it's probably caused by the color wheel. Also, it should die out fairly quickly after turn off, whereas the cooling fans stay on for several minutes and the hum will persist that long.

Connect With Techlore