Cleaning Mitsubishi WD-65734 mirror, screen back, lens

1 post / 0 new
dayrelton
Cleaning Mitsubishi WD-65734 mirror, screen back, lens

I just replaced lamp on 2007 dated unit [set has been run almost 15 hours a day as we do not turn it off even if we go out].  Used Philips replacement lamp module of course.  Picture is great.  TIP: new lamp module would not guide to plug into ballast electrical connections, but removing the ballast module and mating the two was simple and fool proof; you only have to loosen the supply and fan wires from their clips to get the ballast module all the way out.

I cleaned all fans with vacuum and vacuum in combination with compressed air - without taking anything apart.

This set has 6" round handholes to get to the reflection cavity - supposedly to clean without taking screen off.  I do notice some horizontal lines of what appears to be dust on the  mirror and can also see the projection lens but no obvious dust - but there must be some.

While many cleaning methods use shammy cloths and Monster juice - I previously cleaned my Hitachi CRT mirror, screen and lens with vacuum's horse hair bush - reasons:  no fluid added as it will induce streaking/spotting/smearing of some sort and the brush does not scratch.  But used cotton swabs and vacuum for the CRT's as they could be accessed hands-on.  Outside of screen is vacuumed at least monthly without any issues - I avoid adding any moisture as prior screen cleaing of my Hitachi always left a smear somewhere.  Of course it is a necessity when there is a drink or cough spot or a fingerprint on the smooth surface.

So the question is:  is there a vacuum wand with a soft material that can reach in and such the dust off the mirror, screen and lens.  Theory is that just getting the bulk of the dust is good enough.  What have others done short of removing the screen?  Thanks in advance.

Connect With Techlore