WD 57733 Solid Yellow LED DMD Temp Sensor?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Memnoch9299
WD 57733 Solid Yellow LED DMD Temp Sensor?

After lots of diagnostics, web browsing and phone calls I believe I have narrowed down my issue to the DMD temp sensor malfunctioning. This all started about 3 or so weeks ago. I had used my TV a bit earlier in the day and use it as my pc monitor as well. So I turned it off and came back 3-4 hours later, powered on, then after 1-2 minutes it powered off on it's own and then has the solid yellow LED and gives me a code 39. So i checked the lamp, the ballast, and the lamp temp sensor and they all appear fine. when i power it on it has both sound and picture and no issues with either, just powers itself off. So how do i get to the the DMD temp sensor? I checked the service manual and couldn't quite figure out exactly where it is. I think I can fix it myself and not be out the $250+ that I really don't have right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated, this site has already saved me from ordering a new lamp or ballast or wasting the money for a tech call now I just need a bit more info and I think I'll have it fixed

Thanks,

Memnoch9299

Memnoch9299
I think I found it, a wire

I think I found it, a wire that plugs into the board above the DMD fan and runs to the outside of the upper shroud that covers the lamp and ballast and 2 fans? If so I tightened the screw as much as I could but with the big washer and the plastic end it still seemed to be a tad loose. Seems like a really simplistic cheap design. TV still not working so should I do the solder trick? if so do i cut the wires and solder them to the washer?

Memnoch9299
If you have the same problem

If you have the same problem you can either try to cut the faulty crimps out and resolder the wires together yourself or purchase the replacement cable here
http://www.discount-merchant.com/MITSUBISHI-KLIXON-Temperature-Sensor-p/... and just replace the whole thing. Very easy fix either way.

Connect With Techlore