Panasonic PT-52LCX66 unplugged too early

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fraidykat
Panasonic PT-52LCX66 unplugged too early

Our TV was working fine. We were watching it with it plugged into our generator because we had lost power due to Irene.

when the power returned, the TV was turned off but the plug was pulled before it had a chance to cool down and totally turn off.

When turned on, the green light blinks and everything sounds fine. However, after about 45 seconds or so, it turns off and the lamp light blinks red every so often.  It's continual.

I found advice online yesterday to unplug the TV, and hold down the power button for 2 min to release static electricity.  I did this and the TV worked! it was turned off and on again last night and everything was fine.

This morning, however, the TV is back to the original problem. I read that we should unplug the TV for at least 2 hours, so are we are doing this too.

Any suggestions on what it could be or how to fix?  We lost a tree that hit the house and had flooding in the basement, so we'd appreciate not having to spend any more $$$.

Thanks!

spikey84
After 2 hours, we plugged the

After 2 hours, we plugged the TV back in. It tried to turn on, turned back off, and the red lamp light blinks once every 5 seconds. Any ideas? Thanks!

spikey84
Took out the lamp and

Took out the lamp and reinstalled it. The TV turned on and worked for 15 min then shut itself off. The 5 second red blink is back too.
When it works, its fine, but turning it on is the trick. Any ideas anyone?

Dalamscius
Hey Fraidykat, were you ever

Hey Fraidykat, were you ever able to narrow down the cause of this problem?
I'm having the same issue after replacing my bulb and repairing the ballast. If I try it a few times it works, but sometimes it can take 45min to get it turned on...

Let me know if you ever had a resolution!

Thanks,
Daniel

Connect With Techlore