panasonic pt-47wx51ce with convergence and something else wrong

1 post / 0 new
torch32
panasonic pt-47wx51ce with convergence and something else wrong

About 2 months ago, I turned my tv on and my colors were all screwed up with these additions to the other stories I have read.

1 - It seems my aspect will not work on the remote , the tv seems stuck in full zoom mode as the top and bottom are stretched out that I cannot see about 5 inches of either.  And before you say I'm doing it in component mode, I'm not - it does it on all video modes including the tuner as well. So when I look at the convergence crosses, they are almost off the screen top and bottom. Left and right is unaffected.

2. - the picture split screen has changed to a PIP. now this isn't a major problem but i thought i would mention it to narrow down the possible part(s) that are blown.

I had let a proper repair company pick up the tv for repair and only after 2 months did I get it back. And the problem was not solved. They did bring the old convergence chips with them so that is what they replaced but with no success. I probably could adjust the convergences to make it look better but there must be something else wrong so that if the proper part is replaced, the whole thing would pop back to normal again.

so the big question is what is wrong and what did these guys not do right to fix this. would those resistors cause the locking up of aspect mode or is it something else?

Connect With Techlore