Mitsubishi WD-62525 Blue Screen

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
LeGalley
Mitsubishi WD-62525 Blue Screen

My Mitsubishi failed this week, after 3 years of great service. Maybe someone can help - The screen ,when switching between DVD and Satellite, displayed a round "Blue" ball with fuzzy edges in the middle of the screen. The Menus would come up and display properly. After a day - the Blue Ball has grown to almost fill the screen and the menu icons seem to flash between their normal colors and their opposite colors. I am capable of replacing boards, etc. - Does anyone have any ideas as to where to start?

Thanks for your help.

Larry Dillon
Sounds like you have a bad

Sounds like you have a bad formatter or the FMT board. If you leave an e-mail address, I will send you some pictures as well as the service manual for this TV set so you can check several capaciors that do go bad very often in this set.

LeGalley
Thanks for the Help Larry! My

Thanks for the Help Larry! My email address is [email protected]

mousepad3000
I'm having a very similar

I'm having a very similar problem with my tv. any chance you could send me this info as well? thanks!

dan

junk.dan(at)gmail.com

Ghostnode
This is what I had the

This is what I had the pleasure of coming home to after a hard day's work. Thought it was the lightning storm, but everything else on the ups is fine. Comfortable with taking this challenge on. With a schematic in hand I have had success with my aging devices.

I have a WD-52525. Would you please send me a clue...Many thanks, meanwhile I'll be searching where to forward the donation.

[email protected]

Makoto
I just encountered this same

I just encountered this same issue with my WD-62525.

Larry, could you please send me the info as well?

My e-mail is (encoded a bit to prevent spiders from sending spam):
makoto (at) cfl dot rr dot com

LeGalley
Larry,

Larry,

I found 10 pregnant capacitors in the set, as per your diagrams. They were replaced and the set worked fine for the last two weeks. Now I am getting a fast blinking green LED on the front of the set. I have pressed, as well as held down the reset, as well as unplugged the set, and cannot seem to get the set to re-boot. Any suggestions?

John henry
Larry im having the same

Larry im having the same problem with my wd-62525. Could you please send me the manuals also. thank you. my e-mail is [email protected]

John henry
Larry im having the same

Larry im having the same problem with my wd-62525. Could you please send me the manuals also. thank you. my e-mail is [email protected]

fishboy2e
Larry,

Larry,

I have a wd-52525 and the whole screen is blue and it does not recognize any of the inputs we are using.

I take it that I also have bad capacitors. Could you please send me the link/document so I can see if I want to tackle this or not? How easy is it to replace these capacitors and add a PC fan to help keep them cool? How long does this 'fix' keep the TV going?

thanks for your help.

Ted

Larry Dillon
I doubt if the capacitors are

I doubt if the capacitors are your problem? sounds like a problem with the input board. you can find the service maanual as well as the capacitor repair on techlores technicians corner under the resources tab. Good luck

fishboy2e
Larry Dillon said: I doubt if

Larry Dillon said: I doubt if the capacitors are your problem? sounds like a problem with the input board. you can find the service maanual as well as the capacitor repair on techlores technicians corner under the resources tab. Good luck

Larry, so it sounds like I'm hosed then...

Any way to get a fix for this?

Larry Dillon
no not T all,andCheck the

no not T all,andCheck the input video diodes. You will find them on the FMT board upper left hand corner.
D8F00 PART # 264P828010-diode-DAN202U/MA142W
D8FO1 " " " " "same part number
C8F26 " 141P148000 CER (B25K-1M-K)
C8F29 " " " ""same part number
Formatter board #930B924001, on that board there are 5 caps 1000 ufd 35v that commonly go bad.
Replace all caps that are swollen,
Resolve your checker pattern problem:
1. Tile or block pattern replace D8F00 and D8F01 part # 264P828010, also replace C8F26 and C8F29 part # 141P148000 (1 uFD, 25 V) on the FMT PCB (part # 930B924002).
The diodes have a stripe (line) that is the cathode, at one end of the device, the board will reflect that line. De solder as best as you can, glue is under part, heat one end, while prying up, heat other end. It will come off with moderate to mid high he I hope this helps I assume that when you turn on the TV the screen lights up with some pattern. If not then you need to re look at the supply board and the DM board. I would recommend that you replace all the caps that are called for in the repair information Even if the caps look good they may still be week from the heat drying the electrolyte up. Replace them all with new ones they're cheap. This covers any that don't show signs of bulging. You should have a blink light when you first plug in the set wait for 3 to 5 min the light should stop blinking. Turn on TV and the light should be solid green. You should have a full screen if it works with picture if hooked up. If not you should see snowy screen.
download the free software so you can open and save
the service manual. If you cannot locate the
capacitors, go to mouser.com, the link is at the
bottom of the page. They will have what you need. DO
NOT USE RADIO SHACK CAPACITORS!! They are not the high
temp. types and will blow up your TV set in a matter
of months. Be sure to check all of the pictures and
all of the caps before ordering, as you might be
ordering several, as I have replaced as many as 15 in
one DLP TV set before she worked.
If you have
any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me Via
E-mail. Good Luck Go here to find the right capacitors
you need:

http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09
And
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=N98n18CgKlweB%252bCgT...

PS, you can also contact me directly here if you need
any assistance
If you replace all of the capacitors and the set still
doe not work Suspect the DM PCB part # 934C116002

Try removing the USB connector on the chassis and power up. If the blinking stops after 70 secs, then the reader is bad.

Try disconnecting the FC connector to the FMT board and power up. If the blinking stops after 70 secs, then suspect the FMT card. or the caps on this board.
Also I heard this works good also: I have not tested the following procedure! But give it a try

Locate the DM board and remove the connector labeled "FC". Plug in your TV and wait for the hard drive fan to turn on, then off a few times and the LED will finally go out. Now, plug the "FC" connector back in, and go watch TV! The only gotcha is that if you remove the power from the wall, you have to repeat the procedure. You can put a toggle switch between the orange wire that goes into the "FC" connector. This way, you can remotely do the reset. The DM is still broken, but this bypasses whatever check is done

Makoto
Makoto

Makoto

I just finished repairing my WD 62525 that has the same symptoms. Had a distorted blue screen.

I then found a "repair" kit for the FMT board that basically had 4 capacitors and a CD-ROM with a horrible manual on it.

After putting the capacitors in and putting it back together, I had an issue where the TV would not come on all the way. I could see that the light was coming on, but would turn off after a couple of seconds and never come back on. I took the TV apart again and made sure I connected everything properly. I then took off the shield for the power board and noticed 2 capacitors that went bad.

They are blue Nichikon capacitors, rated at 3300uF with a 10V capacity. I ordered two new ones from Mouser electronics and made sure they were rated for high temps (in this case 125 C). The leads on the capacitors that I ordered were spaced a little wider apart so it was not an exact fit, but they did the job and now my TV works again!

I did not have a manual or guide to go off of, but if you start taking everything apart on your own, it's actually not that bad. Just tedious since there are so many screws and connectors.

Hopefully this might be able to help someone.

mikelaguerre
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,
I was wondering if you might send me a service manual. I have a WD-62525 with a green flashing light that I am about to get into. Any help will be GREALTY APPRECIATED!!!

Bristow111
Hi,

Hi,

I was having the same issue, not recognizing inputs and blue screen with fuzz in middle, but now it's just shaking on blue screen too bad to use the menus. This is going to be beyond my capacity to fix- any guesses on how much $$ this might cost to get fixed? Or should I just retire the old girl . . .

Thanks,
s

Stuart4786
I the dreaded flashing timer

I the dreaded flashing timer light issue. I replaced the bad caps on my dm and my fmt boards. The tv worked fine for a while. Now I get a blue screen on inputs with no source. On the inputs with a source I get no picture just squiggled lines. The sound is ok. I suspect the FMT board has finally given out. Can you give me a suggestion Larry.

By the way I found a company that carries all the boards and wiring harnesses to Mitsubishi TV's and their very reasonable. Discount-Merchant.com You can purchase the DM board or the FMT bord for about 70 bucks each.

kjsnow67
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I am having the same problems as the others in this forum.... The blinking blue light. Can you send me the manual as well my e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks,

aposynthesi
Larry, could you send me the

Larry, could you send me the troubleshooting guide as well as the repair manual? My television is displaying an image that looks as if it's directly out of the twilight zone. Not really. Blue and distorted, no image displayed, no sound. I'm thinking a white digitized hand may soon reach out of the television and pull me in. Address is aposynthesi at gmail dot com.

Ron Rich
Larry could you please send

Larry could you please send me the info on how to fix the blinking green light of death for my WD-62525. ron dot rich at gmail dot com. I have the same problem. For a while I was able to power cycle in combination with the reset button and it would work but this last time I get nothing just blinking green light.

Larry Dillon
I think folks think I have

I think folks think I have ESP????? SEND THEM TO WHERE!!!!!!!!

Ron Rich
I see your the expert and don

I see your the expert and don't read the full post. I put my email in there. Why dont you just save all the trouble and just post the full document online or if you were aware replying to my post responds back to me and would have sent me the information I requested. Maybe you should not offer it up if you do not want to share and maybe you should get better manners.

Larry Dillon
sorry did try the email, and

sorry did try the email, and it came back as a delivery error said it was over the size limit and there is a link ON-Line in the technicians corner here on techlore under the resources tab on the home page, aslo sorry if you thought I was rude!?

gtravis
Hello Larry

Hello Larry
I'm having the same problems as the others in this forum. The blinking green light. Can you send me the manual as well my e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks,
Travis

Chris77
if you can send the manual

if you can send the manual there i would appreciate it. having the same issues.

Derrick Perkins
Hi,

Hi,

I am having a similar issue (I think) with the blue screen wtih my Wd-62525.

What is happening is that the TV will turn on and stay on with a blue screen. I can navigate through the menus just fine, switch inputs all day long, but the blue screen stays on no matter what signal or input I use on the TV.

I see that others have problems with flashing green lights, but I do not have that so I am thinking perhaps my problems are a little easier and located in maybe just one board. Any idea of what board this is or the capacitors that need to be replaced?

Also, since this seems to be a problem with this TV - has anyone had any luck getting Mitsubishi to repair this at their cost when it is out of warranty?

Thanks for any advice you can provide,
Derrick

Makoto
Derrick, Sounds like the same

Derrick, Sounds like the same issue I was having.

This turned out to be a really cheap fix. Just a couple of capacitors that can be ordered from mouser.com . You'll have to take out your signal board, and look at the caps on there. There are 4 that probably have gone bad. Also, while you're in there, it'd be a good idea to replace the power supply capacitors as well. This should cost no more than $20 in parts (that includes shipping), and a few hours of time to take apart, remove caps, solder in some new ones, and reassemble. The most annoying part is taking out the MANY screws that hold everything together.

Iggy09
Larry, looks like you're the

Larry, looks like you're the resident expert :)

Having the blinking green light of death on our WD-62525 and would love it if you would send me the info you've been sharing with others...

e-mail: iggyinva [at] hotmail dot com

P.S. - Do you have a personal/professional website? Seems that you could get a lot of business with your expertise...or at least have a Paypal tip jar for your time.

jarthur
Thank you larry for your help

Thank you larry for your help so far through this forum. I have a blue screen with horizontal lines. we were watch tv when it slowly when to horizontal lines. Now we have we have a blue screen with menus working. Were do you thing the problem is and can you email me service manual and so info to kenoest (at) sbcglobal (dot) net. thank you again Model wd62525

jim l
I am have the same blue

I am have the same blue screen, inputs are not reconized. I have a WD-52525. what can I do to fix it or is it dead. The TV is only 5 years old...

jim l
I have a blue screen with

I have a blue screen with horizontal lines. we were watch tv when it slowly when to horizontal lines. Now we have we have a blue screen with menus working. Were do you thing the problem is and can you email me service manual Model wd52525

Pages

Connect With Techlore