Mitsubishi WS55805 - How to replace bad capacitors?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Subs
Mitsubishi WS55805 - How to replace bad capacitors?

Hi:

I have a Mitsubishi WS 55805 (bought in 2000) that one fine day just decided to go dead. The day before it went dead, the screen just went on and off couple of times and then the next day it was all gone! Now, When i turn the power on, I get the green light, but no picture and no sound. I got a technician to come and look at it (paid $40 diagnostic charge) and he said that the capacitors have gone bad and they need to be replaced. Said its going to cost me $400. I do not want to pay $400 for this very old TV. I have been reading some of the threads here and it suggests replacing the capacitors on DM board. But i am not able to find a DM board on my WS55805? I downloaded the service manual from servicemanuals.net but that doesn't tell where to look for these particular capacitors that is cause for my TV's problem (no video, no audio).

Somebody please help!!! If you can provide me with the instructions that will be great.

(I see Larry has helped quite many here. Larry, any suggestions/ guidance!?)

Thanks,

Subs

Mtbjunkie
Hi, I am new to this forum

Hi, I am new to this forum and stumbled onto the exact same issue as I have. I have this same tv, mitsu 55805 and it's lasted since 2000 , but now I get a solid green light like everything is working, but no picture and no sound. Before that the picture was getting dimmer and the sound quieter before it went completely out. It would be awesome just to fix it rather than have to replace. It weights a ton!
Anybody have any ideas

Fred flint
you can spot bad. capacitors

you can spot bad. capacitors by the bulge on look at. you tube videos

Connect With Techlore