Mitsubishi WS-65313 will not come on.

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
tgorup
Mitsubishi WS-65313 will not come on.

Hope someone can help.

When i turn on my 65313 the green light comes on for a sec or two then shuts off, the tv itself doesn't seem to come on..

Also if i unplug the unit from the wall and then plug it back in the green power light will blink about 4 or 5 times.

Please help.

email is [email protected]

thanks.

vinlis
Just a bump..

Just a bump..

Please help me...

tks

Larry Dillon
Opps, you got overlooked

Opps, you got overlooked somehow.  The problem with your TV set will most likely be bad convergence IC;s or perhaps a capacitor or two in the power supply. Go into the set with it unplugged and locate the power supply board. Mounted directly on that board, look for some really small round fuses marked on the board as F9A02 through F9A05. Measure across them for continuity. If you find one or more bad, DO NOT REPLACE IT!! Let me know and I will assist you in finding what is bad. If you replace the blown fuse, YOU WILL cause further damage to the set. Let me know what fuse number does not measure continuity. Good Luck

vinlis
Ok, the only one bad is F9A02

Ok, the only one bad is F9A02

The rest are good.

Larry Dillon
The F9A02, is used to protect

The F9A02, is used to protect the 17 volt line from the power supply. That is an indication that the audio output IC is no good. That would be the LA4663, IC3E01. Did you have this set working at one time? You will still need to take a part the DM and change the 4 capacitors inside the DM.

vinlis
Yes this set was working,

Yes this set was working, this just happened the other day. Nothing else was wrong with the tv before this.  Can you send me the instructions on the dm?

Email [email protected]

vinlis
Hey Larry, the docs you sent

Hey Larry, the docs you sent me were not for the model of my TV set. and also after a quick look at my DM board, there is no caps that large on mine.  My model # is WS-65313.

Larry Dillon
Tom, My mistake, there is no

Tom, My mistake, there is no DM board on your set. Look in the power supply man.

vinlis
Ok, quick question Larry,

Ok, quick question Larry,

Looking at the powersupply board, i dont have any <capacitors> that appear to

be bubbled up. I know you said to change them anyway, I was just wondering if you

could tell me, which ones they are exactly cause Im not to sure.

And are they going to be the same <capacitors> that are in the DM board

repair guide you sent?

Edit: <>  corrected my mistakes....

Larry Dillon
No, check all of the fuses on

No, check all of the fuses on the board. They will be labeled F9A02 through F9A05 or 6

vinlis
Duh, my mistake, i meant to

Duh, my mistake, i meant to say caps. not fuses...

vinlis
Ok, i was looking at the main

Ok, i was looking at the main board and I have a resistor that has been blow out also...

R5K02...

Is there any hope for this tv?

Thanks for your help also...

vinlis
Larry,

Larry,

Where can i purchase the LA4663, IC3E01? I can't find a site that sells it, can you help me out again. thanks man.

Larry Dillon
There are three types of IC's

There are three types of IC's HERE. I would suggest buy the mid priced one. Good Luck.

vinlis
Thank you sir, i am ordering

Thank you sir, i am ordering everything now... Hope this works. will post back when done.

vinlis
Ok, finally got all the parts

Ok, finally got all the parts in and installed, i was hoping to tell you the set was working, but I am still having the same problem. I've rechecked the fuses on the powersupply board and they are all good. When I press the power button i can hear a click from the power relays (K9A51-K9A52) then a series of clicks comming from somewhere on the power supply board, then the unit shuts off. Things I have replaced. LA4663, IC3E01 R5K02 Resistor F9A02 Fuse

vinlis
Well I went ahead and

Well I went ahead and replaced quite a few caps. on the power supply board, they are: C9A22, C5H01, C9A70, C9A71, C9A72, C9A73, C9A69, C9A79, C9A85, C9A86, C9A87, C5H21, C5H24. Still getting the same symptoms, turn power on, get a few clicks from powersupply board then it goes back off. Larry, do you have any ideas? Please help, baseball season is upon us. lol.

Larry Dillon
Sorry, you will need to use

Sorry, you will need to use the service manual and see what's missing by the way of voltages in the main power supply. You could contact ptscorp.com and go to the web site and get the telephone number and call them and ask them what they would charge you to over hual the main chassis assembly.

vinlis
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I've just had the T.V. sitting here, I started messing with it today. I found a diode that seems to be bad. I've looked the part number up on digikey and allied elec. and they have no match, could you help me out. It's D9A22 264P825040 DIODE - ERA15-08 246 on the service manual for the ws-65-313. thanks again....

Larry Dillon
you really should didconnect

you really should didconnect one side of a diode off of the dircuit bosrd snd out of the cuircuit or you will be measuring the circuit resistance. let me know what it measures end to end both ways with one side disconnected from the board.

vinlis
Oh, didn't know that.

Oh, didn't know that.
I took it out and got nothing going one way and .494 the other way with my meter on the diode setting.

vinlis
Ok, been checkin around and I

Ok, been checkin around and I'm not getting any voltage off of the T9A50 transformer. And checking pin 8 on the T9A50 im getting 8.3v ac and -6.3vdc?? does this make any sence?

Larry Dillon
there are safety shutoff

there are safety shutoff circuits in this set that turns off the power relay if there is a detetion of a problem with crtain circuits in this set. You need to find out where the problem is first by pressing menu and input on the front of the set and let me know how any times the led light flashed. It is a two digit code.it will flash the first number then pause and flash a second number, it should repeat 5 times or so.

Harleyrider51
Larry, I have been reading

Larry, I have been reading some of the forms on the Led light flashing on the WS-65313. And the TV will never come on. I have tried changing the capacitors but still did not correct the problems. I noticed that you also might have some other data or documents that you can send me so that I might be able to trouble shoot my problems and get this TV back up and running. If this is correct please send to [email protected]

Thanks

Larry Dillon
if you eplaced the capacitors

if you eplaced the capacitors are you for sure that you reseated the DM back onto the tracks and nto th connector properly? I have seen lots of tmes the DM does not get seated properly and you have to take of the DM case remount the DM into the connectors then unplug the set and reinstall the metal case around the DM I will send you the info I have for your set including the factory service manual so you can se how the set comes apart so after the set works yo can clean th mirrors and lens. Good luck

Harleyrider51
I am going to check it again

I am going to check it again to make sure everything reseated properly, and looking forward in getting the info and the factor service manual, surely with your info and manual I can get this up and running once again. Thanks for you help. [email protected]

vinlis
After pressing the menu and

After pressing the menu and input buttons I'm getting a error code 22.

Larry Dillon
the code 22 is a short

the code 22 is a short protect in the set meaning there is a short in one of the circuts, most likly the convergenc ic's are bad, check fuses F9A04 and F9A05and make sure thy are good with continuity across them, BUT if you find one o both bad DO NOT REPLACE THEBAD FUSE untill you replace the convergence IC's first!

Harleyrider51
Larry, yes I did finally get

Larry, yes I did finally get your info, believe it or not I got the TV from blinking and now it will come on. But guess what I have another problem, I was not able to open up the manual you sent, it says there is not a file associated with it so I was not able to open it (I have windows Vista). anyway I have another problem, I guess when I moved the TV out to my garage six months ago "this is when I incountered my first problem" not for sure how to say what this problem is so you can understand, but apparently when moving the TV I must have got the colors or screen or something out of wack, I know have kinda a double vision on the picture, and when there is words on the screen you can see double words and one of them are red! does this make any since, if so is there some way I can correct this myself? our will I need find someone to fix. Thanks for your help again.

Larry Dillon
you ned to change the

you ned to change the onvergence ic's and also you need to go to pando.com like the e-mail says to do so and download the free software so you can opan and save the service manual.

vinlis
:(

:(
Still a no go after replacing the convergence IC's. I still get a error code 22. What would be next?

Pages

Connect With Techlore