Mitsubishi WD-62825 Blinking Green Light

668 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
sure jeff, why not, on it's

sure jeff, why not, on it's way to you man. Good luck

bryanff
Hello Larry, I still didn't

Hello Larry, I still didn't get the email. Checked junk and everyhting. Try [email protected]

Thank again

Summit
You indicated that some are

You indicated that some are getting a new or rebuilt DM in a day or so. I forwarded that to the service center that is working on my TV (for 8 months). Here is their reply:The DM 934C116001 and the FMT 930B924001 are no longer available and have to return the chassis for repair just got it off the Mitsubishi web site. Something is different fromwhat you are saying.

67baja
Larry, the tv I have (wd

Larry, the tv I have (wd-62825) flashes the red status led in the sequence of 1 long, 3 short indicating DMD or Lamp Fan Stopped according to the manual. If I reset the tv, it blinks the green led forever. When I dug into the DMD fan, it was real dusty so I cleaned it up good. I plugged the set back in and it worked! For about 5 minutes, that is, then the same red led again. If I get into the dmd fan again and unplug the tv for a minute then plug it in again, it works for a few minutes then dies again. Resetting the tv only gives me the quick flashing green led. I have not pull the light engine to inspect the lamp fan. Any ideas? Replace the fan(s) or is it a capacitor problem?

67baja
Fixed it! Lots of bad

Fixed it! Lots of bad capacitors. I replaced a total of 8 caps -- 6 16v 1000uf, and 2 10v 1000uf (which I replaced with 16v 1000uf -- it's all I had). Works like a dream. Woo Hoo! I feel it is my duty however to say this tv is a pain the arse to work on. Lots and lots of screws to remove and everything is packed in to a very small space. I notice I have a shaded spot about 2" in diameter in the upper left part of the screen, so I'm going to remove the screen and clean the mirrors. Hopefully this will fix it.

ctrump
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
Thanks for all of the information in your threads on this forum. After reading through everything, it looks like my WD-62825 is experiencing the same blinking green light issue. If you could send me the repair docs, it would be greatly appreciated. I've successfully replaced bad caps on computer motherboards before, but I think I'll need some documentation on how to disassemble the 62825 and find which caps need to be replaced.

If you have any documentation on how to remove the screen and clean the mirrors, please send that as well.

Thanks again,
--Chad
ctrump(at)yahoo.com

MortonKrog
Larry, you seem to be the man

Larry, you seem to be the man and since my local repair shop want me to spend over a grand to fix it, I am coming to you. I have a WD-62825 model and at first I had lines all over my screen like static that got progressively worse the longer I watched. Not sure if I need a new lamp. Then today, I hit the power button and the green timer light started flashing and it hasn't stopped since. Is there any advice you can give me? They are telling me to send in the entire chassis. Some other sites are talking about filling a complaint with Mitsubishi?!? I am not the most technical person in the world, but I have done some soldering and such. If there is any advice you can give me or maybe how I could potentially fix this would be most appreciated. Thanks again.

MortonKrog
my e-mail address is

my e-mail address is [email protected]

Menace
Larry, I am yet another

Larry, I am yet another satisfied customer with the blinking green light (Mits wd-62825). Any chance you could send me the directions on how to fix it and the repair manual. Thank you.

Menace
Larry,

Larry,

I guess an email address would be helpfull. [email protected]. Thank you in advance for all your help. Your postings and "How To" information is great.

All the best,

Larry Dillon
on their way out to all on

on their way out to all on this page now. Good Luck

flint463
Larry -

Larry -

I've got the same prob with my WD-52825...
Can you help me out with the repair directions? Thanks for your time...

[email protected]

tysoncc
I am in the same boat.

I am in the same boat. Repair shop wants $1,200.00 to fix it. Please send the repair information to [email protected] Thank you very much.  I have model WD 62825

harmz
Hi, i have a WD-62825 and i

Hi, i have a WD-62825 and i hear the fan running but no picture. Can this be the issue. Please email me [email protected] so ic an give it a shot thanks.

krullone
I too have a flashing timer

I too have a flashing timer light on my WD-62825, is this thread saying there is a fix for it? I haven't had anyone look at it yet and it's been dead for a while but with football season fast approaching I need to get on the ball. Here is my email address: [email protected]

Thanks in advance for any help.

RedSonja
HI Larry,

HI Larry,

I too am having the blinking green light problem. Would you send me anything I need to fix it. WD62825

Thanks

[email protected]

chris10105
Hi larry, same problem with

Hi larry, same problem with mitsubishi wd-62825 blinking green light. Could you send me the repair guide as well as any other info. on repairing this tv. thanks for your time!..email address is [email protected]

adriane2008
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I'm joining the club. I replaced the caps on our ws65813 today. The tv turned on but when I went to button it up the blinking light was back. Help me please.

[email protected]

Thank you!!

willis331
Any chance I can get in the

Any chance I can get in the Blinking green light mess. I have a tech coming by on wednesday and I want to know if this can be fixed or what. Any help will be greatful. Model # ws-55615

mattbizkit
hi larry I am having the smae

hi larry I am having the smae green blinking light problem on my wd 62825. i can unplug it and get the tv to turn on but if i touch anything else after that the screen freezes then goes blank with the green blinking light. any suggestions? can you also send me the repair guides or any info you think i will need to fix the problem. thanks. [email protected]

bryanff
mattbizkit said: hi larry I

mattbizkit said: hi larry I am having the smae green blinking light problem on my wd 62825. i can unplug it and get the tv to turn on but if i touch anything else after that the screen freezes then goes blank with the green blinking light. any suggestions? can you also send me the repair guides or any info you think i will need to fix the problem. thanks. [email protected]

Hey mattbizkit,

I thought I'd pass on something I learned the hard way. I keep resetting the TV until the blinking green light would finally go off. I did this for a few months until it wouldn't reset.

Then, when I took apart the TV to replace the caps on the DM board it didn't fix the problem completely. I now have to replace the caps on the power supply and probably a few more on other boards. Anyway, It has turned into a long troubleshooting problem that I honestly think I caused by continually resetting the TV instead of just fixing it when it was a little problem!! If these caps are going bad, forcing the TV to work will probably just damage more parts. In my case it eventually caused the cap to not just show a popped top, but to actually pop off its base (seperate from its base)!!!!!!

Good Luck!

D Nicklaus
Larry,

Larry,
I too have the "green light of death" on my MD-62825.... I would welcome any assistance you can give me. I have the back off, however, I need to identify the location of the DM module and the thermal switches....
If you have any additional fixes I should address while the anchor is open I would really be indebted.
Richard
[email protected]

Chiadms
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

it seems I have joined the family of the WD 62825 Blinkers! Although it has been quite a while since I ventured into circuit board repair I am hoping that it will return to me once I open the television up. If you would please send the repair information needed to replace the caps. My email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance for you assistance and I will keep you posted on my progress.

R/

John

OneWatt
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
Now it is time to trouble shoot and measure some voltages. The most trouble I have seen with this set after the capacitor replacement is a connector was left out or you are missing the 3.3 volts in the standby power supply.

Hello Larry,

I have a WD-52825 and have the blinking green light. I have replaced all the capacitors mentioned and then some and still same problem. I have downloaded a service manual for this model and it looks like I should have the 3.3 volt you mentioned, but I dont. This manual has no schematics, just block diagrams, but it appeared to me that either IC9A21 or Q9A20 was bad since I did have the 12V on Vcc and Vc of IC9A21. So I replaced them both. It wasn't easy since they are SMT and I have never soldered SMT before. After replacement, I checked all the connections for opens and shorts with my multimeter and it appeared good. When I powered it up the smoke came out of something in that area and now F9A06 is blown and I assume IC9A21 and/or Q9A20 also.

So, I gave up and ordered a power supply board off ebay but this board is also missing the 3.3V. So either this board is bad or I should not get the 3.3V until I press the power button. 

Is the 3.3 volts supposed to be there when first plugged in (STANDBY). Your expert advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

John 

deen1009
Hi Larry- Another WD 62825

Hi Larry- Another WD 62825 with the green flashing light of death! This is the second time in 1 year we have had this problem. Would you be so kind as to send the repair guides or any info you think I will need to possibly fix the problem. I am not willing to spend any more money on this boat anchor! Please send it to: (no spaces) d niskanen @ gmail . com. Thanks!

TOMMY G
67 baja...i'm having the same

67 baja...i'm having the same problem. can you send me the info/manual on what you did and how you did it.

thanks

charcoal01
hi larry, similar issue as

hi larry, similar issue as many of the guys on this page. got the tv from a friend of mine, got the tv to turn on once but now all i get is a dark screen with the faint glow of a bulb on. none of the buttons seem to do anything on the front aside from the power button. lamp light is not light up, but i do get the blinking green light for a few moments on power up, but then it turns off but nothing happens. tried reseting the tv but that doesnt do anything either. thanks for the help. if you think the repair docs might help, my email is [email protected].

meengreen
Hey Larry, I "joining the

Hey Larry, I "joining the club" I have a WS 65909 with the blinking green light.
Please send me the repair info to [email protected]
Thank You

TOMMY G
sorry forgot to include an e

sorry forgot to include an e-mail address for the instructions.
[email protected]

stephy
Me too. A WD-62825. System

Me too. A WD-62825. System reset gives the blinking light. When it stops we try to power it on and nothing. Feels dead. Have been able to get it to power on a few times in the past but it started happening more often and I think it's really dead this time. Have tried the unplugging.

Would appreciate any relevant instructions to [email protected]

Thanks so much!

Pages

Connect With Techlore