Need Help on TV Repair

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
CA_jobless
Need Help on TV Repair

Hi Larry Dillon,

I'm a jr technician working for a small company.  TV repair is not the main task here.  In fact, I don't have much experience in tv repair.  I tried before but not successful due to the lack of knowledge and information.  After several times searching on the net for help, I pick up this webside and read a whole lots of wonderful tips you wrote to help other people, I would like to ask for your help too.

I have a Sony projection tv model KP-43T70 about 7 years old.  It has two problems.  First problem is the remote sensor doesn't work.  I didn't care about this problem much because after all, I can still walk up to the tv and use the front panel.  The second problem is the convergence is bad.  I know this for a fact because I read some of the articles the you wrote discribe this problem.  I open up the tv and can locate the convergence ICs.  This is something I can replace.

Now this is what I need help with, do I have to adjust for convergence according to the "convergence procedure" article posted by zapdbf using the remote control after I replaced the ICs?  If I do, then I need to fix the remote problem in order to the access the service mode on the tv with the remote control right?  I look inside the tv set and I have no idea where or which one is the remote sensor circuit.  So can you send me a service manual for this tv set and also how to go about locating the remote sensor circuit and tips on trouble shoot this problem?  Thanks

Rockytopzz
I wonder if the remote

I wonder if the remote control itself is bad or in a lot of cases the batterys are dead. I check the remote by holding it in front of my cell phone while cell phone is in video and I can actually see the light/signal.
It's hard to work on anything on electronics without the service manual which I don't have.

Connect With Techlore