KP65WS510 Broken

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
cgpastirik
KP65WS510 Broken

Convergence is way off, and it looks very fish eyed. As usual 3D Glasses may help. From the service menu the convergence tweaks will not adjust at all any gun. My thought is that I need to first replace the IC's. Is this correct? My question is what is the part # I need for this RPTV. Any assistance and a manual is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

zapdbf
I

I

can't give you the manual, but if you take the back off the tv, you can see the ic's they are mounted on a heat sink with the numbers printed on them. they are facing away from you so if you get a mirror you can see the numbers. if it is any stk392-110 or 120 you can and should replace with a higher wattage stk. the stk392-150 or stk392-180. if it is a number different than i mentioned you need to get that one only. they are available from the parts store, or mcm.Also check for blown fuses on "G" board they are yellow and look like resistors, they are 5 amp fuses 

Harrison
Thank you that will

Thank you that will definitely help. I'll give a look today, Thanks again

would that be two rather large IC's 1.5"-2" Chips? On the board they are IC 8001 and IC8003

they are both a 392-260, would these be the ones?

Fuses appear fine will get a meter on them later.

Harrison
I have concluded that I need

I have concluded that I need to replace my IC chips and have began searching the internet for the highest quality and reasonable price. I have a Sony KP65ws510. The two chips in my set are STK392-260
for the life of me I can not locate these as available on the net anywhere. Are you able to recommend a suitable replacement? Thank You in advance. Chris

zapdbf
I have been busy and not had

I have been busy and not had the chance to reply, The ic you need is stk392-560. Try the parts store or mcm electronics. The fuses will show no physical signs of dammage, the only way you can tell if they are bad is with a meter.

Harrison
thanks a -560 will replace

thanks a -560 will replace -260? terrific.

As for the resistor/fuse..2 of them on the power supply board right? yeah I was just looking for anysign that they may have taken some heat. Thanks again

zapdbf
that is what the manual says

that is what the manual says is the orignal ic, check it again.

Harrison
yep sorry, stk392-560

yep sorry, stk392-560

reading upside down backward in a mirror is not my forte' thanks again.

ordered from MCM today will let you know how the repair goes.

zapdbf
I just created a blog entry

I just created a blog entry addressing sony convergence, it may help you to read this. http://www.techlore.com/blog/entry/19694/Sony-Convergence-Repair/

Harrison
got my IC Chips today may

got my IC Chips today may work on Friday AM. When I get the boards out I need to check the fuses mentioned above. Can I do this with them in the circuit am I checking for ohms or amps? what is the best way to check these? If I do find one or more bad where can I get new ones? I was unable to locate them online. It is possible though that I am searching for the wrong key word...90v 5amp pico fuse any help thanks.

zapdbf
in-circuit is fine, and you

in-circuit is fine, and you are testing continuity, diode check, beep check, or resistance will work fine. i always put my meter on diode check just because my fluke  beeps when a short is detected so i don't have to look at the meter   lazy :) The fuses are available from mcm, that is where i get mine from.

Harrison
found a local guy with some

found a local guy with some pico fuses I did have one that was bad....got the boards out replaced chips and fuses back together all under 2 hours. I now have my convergence control back. A few minor convergence adjustments tonight and I think I am back in business.

Any idea why the blue seems to be blooming a tad?

and how do I clean inside the blue crt....looks like dead spider inside looking down on it. Tried to blow air but not luck.

Thanks for your help and assitance.

zapdbf
Blue will bloom a little, you

Blue will bloom a little, you will not notice it when viewing. you can remove the lens safely, there is another lens below that one that seals the fluid in.

Harrison
Pic looks great ....thanks

Pic looks great ....thanks for all your help.

it is still blinking on power up sometimes 4 times other times 7 times?

nothing hits in the alarm history menu. Is this normal to blink like this?

zapdbf
yes, that is normal, and good

yes, that is normal, and good you want to see a few blinks it is telling you that it is processing the turn on request.

Erwin Mejia
I have a Sony KP65ws510 and I

I have a Sony KP65ws510 and I think the picture are way off and had a shadow. What is the problem on my TV. Please Advice.

zapdbf
Erwin Mejia - look at this, i

Erwin Mejia - look at this, i think this is your problem, it can be described in the way you are describing it.

http://www.techlore.com/blog/entry/19694/Sony-Convergence-Repair-My-Sony-TV-has-a-distorted-picture-/

manny1206
I had a service tech replace

I had a service tech replace 2 convergence IC's. The picture looks good now, but the wide mode from the menu or pressing the button on the remote is not available. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's stuck on 4:3. Thanks in advance.

ecollier2012
FYI - www.TvRepairKits.com

FYI - www.TvRepairKits.com just put together a kit that includes all the parts - STK392-560, 4.7 OHM resistors, and the 3amp and 5amp pico fuses. The kit also comes with a photo instruction guide. Hope this helps make the repairs a bit easier.

sixfour
Okay, I've done everything

Okay, I've done everything that I've read on this site and I get the same results. I have a KP-65WS510 and I've replaced the IC's and all the fuses and re-soldered everything twice. All the fuses show 0.3 ohms, which I understand to be okay. I cannot access the JPE menu when scrolling through the service mode.

As a last resort, I'm going to order a new repair kit from TvRepairKits just in case the IC's I got from MCM were bad to begin with. However, I've not read anything about a 4.7 OHM Resistor which comes with this kit. Anybody know what that is?

Any other ideas will be helpful...I'm sure it's something really simple that I'm missing here. If this doesn't work, I will sell the parts.

Beavinator
I am looking to buy a broken

I am looking to buy a broken kp-65ws510. I need it for the screen. Jay 778-878-2325 I am in Vancouver BC Canada

Connect With Techlore