Mitsubishi WS-55613 - Black Screen

52 posts / 0 new
Last post
Notch
I'm currently embarking on

I'm currently embarking on the 9v regulator fix and have located the culprit, but can't seem to get the terminal board off and out of the way. Any ideas on how to do this. The service manual doesn't provide anything.

Thanks,

Brad

hdcamper
I don't have any supporting

I don't have any supporting information yet on how to get that board out.

Larry Dillon
go to the technicians corner

go to the technicians corner and download the service manual. it will show you in the service manual.

Larry Dillon
if i am not mistaking there

if i am not mistaking there are 2 to 3 screws holding on the rear panel but i also think you have to partially pull out the main chassis to find a couple of the screws.

Notch
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
if i am not mistaking there are 2 to 3 screws holding on the rear panel but i also think you have to partially pull out the main chassis to find a couple of the screws.

Larry, do you know if the screws are accessed from the bottom? There's a couple of triangle pieces that screw into the signal board from the topo that hold the terminal board down onto the signal board, but after removing those pieces I still can't seem to get the terminal board loose from the area near the MLink board. Any insight?

Thanks,

Brad

hdcamper
Right behind the shiny cage

Right behind the shiny cage on the board there is a screw hiding - towards the front of the tv.

there are a total of 3 screws to remove - at least from the 65613

the white flanges on the pc board connectors seem to be very fragile - be careful
I looked in the service manual and i must have not found the correct page.

I take it that there are 3 solder points on the regulator ?
2 legs and the top?

anything special to do there or heat and remove etc ?

Larry Dillon
yes there are three legs to

yes there are three legs to that ic. but be carefull to heat up all the way or you will rip the trace off the board.
Larry D.

Larry Dillon
yes there are three legs to

yes there are three legs to that ic. but be carefull to heat up all the way or you will rip the trace off the board.
Larry D.

hdcamper
Well one Oct 2003 made

Well one Oct 2003 made Mitsubishi 65613 seems to be working again after replacing the ic9c25 9v regulator. My biggest problem other then the very fragile white pc board clips that connect to the other board was that the 15 watt soldering iron from Radio Shack wasn't wanting to heat up the part enough to take it off. Getting the 15/30 watt soldering iron from RS and using the 30 setting made quick work of it though. De-Soldering braid for me just doesn't seem to work well though. Thats probably just a me thing or the braid from RS. There are definitely 3 screws connecting the mainboard to the tray. Another 8 screws or so on the plastic covering where all the inputs plug in. I then only had to unplug the 7 pcb to pcb connectors and unplug 5-6 other wired connections i think - take pictures before hand to refer to later, and yes I had to use the pictures to remember where 2 of the wires went :).

Scary Level - kinda, but for $1.75 part and no current warranty and the thought of spending $100 for some one to come look and tell me they will fix it for $300+ gave me a little courage to make my own mistake. It's only $900 for some 60" tv's right now. That may use less power and will have a warranty, who knows maybe even a better picture. :) If I ever have a convergence issue maybe ill even tackle replacing those.

Thanks for all the posts that were available to be read for information.

Larry Dillon
if you have pictures that

if you have pictures that would be great to share those and your name will be used as a credit on the pictures you could if you could the forward the pictures to [email protected] please!!!!!!
LARRY

hdcamper
Sorry was watching a DVD on

Sorry was watching a DVD on the big screen :)

Pictures sent of what I used. I re-sized for size and put some RED Tags on what i touched. If they don't work for what you want I'll be happy to send you the larger pictures to work with. I didn't take a picture of disassembly of the back of the TV nor removing the 1 long connection back to the input board.

I credit you for having a forum and persons posting to it.

Thank You

Notch
I replaced the IC9C25

I replaced the IC9C25 regulator yesterday and was finally able to get the terminal board back on today. I was a little worried that everything wasn't going to work after I put it back together since my soldering wasn't that great, but fired it up today and everything is working fine so far. Hopefully it fixes the set for a while. By the way I'm working on a WS-65613

Larry Dillon
you mean the IC9C25-IC good

you mean the IC9C25-IC good news man!!!!!!
Larry D.

Larry Dillon
you mean the IC9C25-IC good

you mean the IC9C25-IC good news man!!!!!!
Larry D.

Ralfus
I have a model ws-55613. It

I have a model ws-55613. It has begun to

Larry Dillon
read above please and do

read above please and do/replace what they did!!!!!!

Rich B.
My Mitsubishi ws-55613 has an

My Mitsubishi ws-55613 has an intermitten problem. It will turn off at random times. It will be fine for a day or a week and start acting up again. Sometimes it will repeatedly turn itself off, other times it will wait an hour a day or a week. I have to turn it off and back on inorder to get a picture and sound. I read somewhere that the set has a built in protection for a signal surge. Could that be it?
What I have tried: Changed the input from the coax cable to the audio/ video input. Now I get a blue screen (sometimes) and some times I get a "no signal" message.
Right now I am running two TVs off the cable box audio video output to isolate if it is the tv or the cable service. I think it is the cable service. I had the cable guy out today and he claims it is the tv. If it was the tv, I don't think it would be so random.
Any ideas?

Rich B.

LizR
I have a Mitsubishi WS-55613

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55613 projection tv that is losing the picture and then showing purple horizontal lines as described in a current forum thread (Mitsubishi WS-55613 - Black Screen). The tv may play for days or hours without this happening, but once it occurs it tends to reoccur shortly after the tv is turned off and then back on. Looks like replacement of the 9V regulator is the way to go from that forum. Please forward me any relevant information (parts, directions) and pics on performing this replacement. Thank you.
ps: I performed the capacitor replacement for the green blinking light about 3 yrs ago and this is the first problem I've had since then.

green light trouble
Hi Larry

Hi Larry
I seem to be having the same problem with the green blinking light. The tv will not come on and the light just keeps blinking. Do you think changing the 9v regulator will work? can you email me with instructions or/and picks so I know what to look for. Thanks in advance

Gone On
I have a WS55613,,,,getting a

I have a WS55613,,,,getting a blue screen...please help..

COUNCE
Have a 2009 Mitsubishi DLP ,

Have a 2009 Mitsubishi DLP , BOOK SAYS C9 737 837 Series . It's a 65" . I have no lines showing up or white spec's. But over 2 days I went from a good picture to , well it's like you started turning the brightness down till you got to a point that you can barely see a picture . Like bright has been turned to zero .
Anyone know what problem is ? Thanks

Pages

Connect With Techlore