Need Service Manual For Sony KP51WS500

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
ashour
Larry Dillon said: do you

Larry Dillon said: do you have an e-mail address?

my email is [email protected]

ashour
ashour said:

ashour said:

the manual wont work is it expensive

ashour
ashour said:

ashour said:

ashour said:

the manual wont work is it expensive to fix it

JumbeldName
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

The problem I am facing with my TV is one that I have seen others here describe too: Standby timer blinks nine times, and no picture or sound.

I did a search on this site for a service manual for my Sony TV KDP51WS550, in vain. If you manage to find one, could you please email it to me at [email protected].

I see you have a lot of satisfied customers here. So, any words of wisdom would also be appreciated. I am not exactly handy with a soldering iron, so I would like to get your recommendations on whether I should look at hiring a tech, and if so, is there someone that you would recommend? Or should I try to mail in a G board(?) to get it repaired? And how much should I look at spending to get this fixed?

Thanks a lot.

JN

tommy1234
could you please send the

could you please send the manual to me at

[email protected]

thanks

JayB
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
My tv is a Sony KP-51WS500. One day it suddenly got double image, about 1 inch up. I have tried to use Flash Focus but that did not solve the problem. Can you please send the service manual to me. Thank you.

[email protected]

Max
i could use a KP-43HT20

i could use a KP-43HT20 service guide.
If you would please e-mail me at [email protected]

CoachDB
Larry,

Larry,

Can you e-mail me ([email protected]) the service manual for the Sony KP-51WS500. Thanks.

Larry Dillon
is'not that manual available

is'not that manual available as a free download in the technicians corner here on techlores resources forum ?
Larry Dillon

Leafster
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a Sony kp51ws500 it is about 5 years old, It will go all blue then fade to a balck and shutoff the power light blinks 6 times. anything I can do? Can I get a copy of the service manual please?

Larry Dillon
That manual should be on the

That manual should be on the technicians corner my friend, it is under the resourses tab oin the home page
Larry Dillon

Natestv
Can I get a copy of that KP

Can I get a copy of that KP-51ws500 manual I am having convergence issues. thanks [email protected]

Veekay
I am having convergence issue

I am having convergence issue on my Sony KP-51WS500 Color Rear Projection TV. The red color is displaced to right by about 1".Tried flash focus several times. Did not help. Is it worth getting repaired? What could be the issue? It is 6 1/2 years old. ( Do not have repair estimates). Can a person with limited knowledge handle this kind of reapirs? Thanks.

Larry Dillon
yes they can this happens to

yes they can this happens to be one of the easy repairs but cannot send to you without an e-mail address, if the pic is clear then yes it will be a lot less to repair then to replace it!!! please include model number and problem with e-mail as since my brain cancer my memory stinks!!!
Larry Dillon

Larry Dillon
yes they can this happens to

yes they can this happens to be one of the easy repairs but cannot send to you without an e-mail address, if the pic is clear then yes it will be a lot less to repair then to replace it!!! please include model number and problem with e-mail as since my brain cancer my memory stinks!!!
Larry Dillon

Spicy
One day I turned on my TV but

One day I turned on my TV but then it quickly fades to a white screen- then goes into standby mode. A day later, When you turn the TV on it turns red. Does any one know what this could be. Can I repair it my self. Model# KP-51WS500- HELP! Please!

michael4008
Hi Can someone send me the

Hi Can someone send me the service manual for a kp-51ws500. I tried servicemanuals.com, but that didn't work for me. [email protected]

Much appreciated.

Bill

Rugger
Larry,

Larry,
This is a great site. Kudos to you sir!! My KP-51WS500 recently had the "3D" color effect with the Concave screen appear.

I am going to purchase 2 IC's and some 5A Picos. I found some great prices on Bluestar Intl Corp's website. Have you purchase from them before? are they reputable?

Thanks again for your insight and knowledge.
Rugger

caryfrank
I have a kp 53xbr300 that has

I have a kp 53xbr300 that has no picture. Is it the projector lamp?

caryfrank
My kp 53xbr300 has no picture

My kp 53xbr300 has no picture is it the projector lamp?

Larry Dillon
Are there any lights on the

Are there any lights on the front of the set flashing???

will_0
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

First off, thanks so much for providing this page.

I just inherited a sony kp-51ws500 from a neighbour, since the picture was all screwy. After doing some research this aft, it looks like it's the convergence. The image is really weak though, and all the colours are out of sync.

Found the service manual for the kp-51ws500 in another thread, but before finding this page, I ordered a complete step-by-step repair kit for this convergence issue from tvrepairkits.com - has anyone ever dealt with them? Did I pay way too much for the parts?

My neighbour had also had the back panel of the TV off, and said he'd tried adjusting the sliders on the three light cannons to get the image to line up - do you know if this is something I can put back in order - ie: is there a standard place where each of the three sliders on the RGB projectors should be locked, or will I have to play with it endlessly?

Thanks!
Will

kingbakalama
I ordered the ic boards and

I ordered the ic boards and installed them this morning. Set now works great! If it hadn't been for all the great folks on this thread, I never could have done it! Thanks Again! hope I can get a few more years out of it!

Larry Dillon
it should if the solder job

it should if the solder job on the ic's was done properly!!!!
no you did not pay too much for the ic's as i know that company sells only original Sanyo replacement ic's also if you figure out the shipping and handling for all the different parts resistors, picofuses, heat compound and the technical assistance is a bargain at those prices!!!!!!! you need to do this job properly it will add up to over double of what you spend there. also if you have a problem with a repair how much is it worth to have someone who will send you the service manual for free if you ask for it!! and stand by you during the repair??????
Larry Dillon

ReneB64
Larry,

Larry,
I would appreicate your help, like everyone else! I have a KDP-57WS550 and I have a convergence problem with the red off by about an inch. I tried to auto focus, manual focus, reset the tv using the remote, power off reset, sill the same problem. Sounds like it is the STK392-560 ics, I checked the six pico fuses (yellow) on the DS board and they all ohmed out ok, but I coudnt find the pico fuses on the G2 board; I would appreciate it if you could help me out, sounds like you have a little procedure written up to help with this problem, or if you could offer any addiotnal tips, cheap places to buy the orig. parts, etc. I would appreciate it.
Thanks
[email protected]

JumbeldName
Hi,

Hi,

I would like a copy of the service manual for Sony rear projection TV, KDP51WS550. I have the infamous blinking Standby-LED issue (nine blinks), but can't seem to locate the specific manual for that TV model on your website. Also, unsure if the remedy is identical to the one for a slightly different TV model. Am guessing it likely is, but would like to get it confirmed.

Further, is the current recommended remedy to work with partstore-dot-com to get a replacement board, and if so, what is the exact part to replace: D-board or G-board, etc?

Thanks a lot,
JN

Larry Dillon
REF. NO. PART NO.

REF. NO. PART NO. DESCRIPTION GENERIC VALUES

D6301 6-500-567-21 DIODE 10ERB20-TB5 or equiv.
D6116 8-719-081-97 DIODE MMDL914T1 or equiv.
Looking from the rear with the rear cover off, the G board is the first board from the left in the row of horizontally mounted boards at the bottom depending on the model of set. The chassis that the boards are mounted on may be withdrawn after removal of three screws that hold it in place. The parts info is as follows. IF the set has a G board most likely you have the bad diodes if you have a timer Light that flashes 9 to 10 times here is a list of common models that uses the diodes. NOTE: There may be other Sony models that use these diodes
Sony KD28DX40U

Sony KLVS23A10

Sony KV-14LT1B

Sony KV24LS35B

Sony KD-32DX40U

Sony KLV-S26A10

Sony KV14LT1E

Sony KV24LS35E

Sony KDLV26XBR1

Sony KLVS32A10

Sony KV14LT1K

Sony KV24LS35U

Sony KDLV32XBR1

Sony KLV-S40A10

Sony KV-14LT1U

Sony KV32XBR400

Sony KDLV40XBR1

Sony KP51WS520

Sony KV21FT2K

Sony KV36XBR400

Sony KDS-50A2000

Sony KV14LM1B

Sony KV21LT1B

Sony KV38DRC1

Sony KDS55A2000

Sony KV14LM1E

Sony KV21LT1E

Sony KV38DRC1C

Sony KDS-60A2000
Sony KP46WT520

Sony KV14LM1K
Sony KP51WS520

Sony KV21LT1K
Sony KP46WT510

Sony SATB55P

Sony KLVS19A10

Sony KV14LM1U

Sony KV21LT1U

Sony VPLVW100

Total Models: 39

ReneB64
Thanks all, had only to

Thanks all, had only to replace the convergence ics,

Larry Dillon
that's a lucky and good thing

that's a lucky and good thing man??????
Larry

clemh
Can anyone give me advice on

Can anyone give me advice on my Sony KP57WS500. The colors were off a few days ago and now it it's dead. The tv blinks 3x and then it blinks 6x more times but more quickly.

Pages

Connect With Techlore