Need Service Manual For Sony KP51WS500

331 posts / 0 new
Last post
CWB
Need Service Manual For Sony KP51WS500

We turned on our Sony rear projection TV...and the convergence is a mess....we still get a piture although clearly the convergence is way off.....the front LED blink 4 times....the set is about 5yrs old and this is the third time it's needed repair.....I was hoping to get a service manual to decode what the 4 blinks mean and see if I could fix it myself......I've serviced other  TVs....but I'm certainly no pro....any help is appreciated.  

Larry Dillon
Well you could always go to

Well you could always go to http://www.servicemanuals.net and buy one there for about 25 or 30 bucks, or you could leave an e-mail address and I will send you one if you like.  When you say you have had this set worked on before a few times, was it for the convergence problem?  If it was, maybe the right IC's were not used.  When you look at the convergence IC's, the proper IC's should have Sanyo printed on them, or they are inexpensive after-market parts.  You can go to mcmelectronics.com and enter the STK number that is in that set and get the proper ones without spending an arm and a hand for them.  Good Luck and let us know how you make out with this repair.

CWB
Larry,

Larry,

I appreciate your offer to send me a service manual for my Sony KP-51WS500.

Thanks,

CWB

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
CWB, I sent you a manual that

CWB, I sent you a manual that has the same chassis number, it will colse enough to troubleshoot the set With.  Keep us informed about your progress of this repair.  Good Luck

CWB
Larry,

Larry,

I received the service maunal you sent...thank you.......when I turn the TV, the standby / timer LED blinks 4 times and them goes steady off...the TV picture comes on although convegence is obviouly way off. This code means a loss of vert deflection.....however, we do get a picture. The blinking code 4 and the fact we do get a picture appears inconsistant....also, when I go into error history, all areas are 0, suggesting all sections are working......any thoughts.

Is it possible that the convergence issus is due to a physical problem...such as someone bumped into the set and caused one the picture tubes to become out of alignemnt.....

Thanks,

Charlie

Larry Dillon
No, I have seen a bad

No, I have seen a bad convergence IC cause a vertical error on the blinking codes. Although it does not happen a lot, or lets say i have only seen it a couple of times, it does happen. Change the convergence IC's and make sure you test the voltage feed resistors that feed the + and - (plus and minus) 22 volts to the convergence IC's as well as the six circuit protectors they use in this circuit as returns on the IC's.

steve2007
Larry,

Larry,

Would you happen to have a copy of a Sony KP-43HT20 Service Manual that you could send me:) I have a convergence problem ( bowtie pattern - picture clear in the middle and colors separted on the left and right ).  I would like to try and fix the problem by replacing the convergence ICs.  Thank you.

Steve

Larry Dillon
I do not have the exact model

I do not have the exact model number service manual, but the TV set your referring to is an RA6 chassis and I do have that service manual.  If you would like a copy of it, you will need to leave an e-mail address and go to pando.com and get the free download so you can open this very large file.  Good Luck with this repair.

steve2007
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks. My email is [email protected].

Steve

Larry Dillon
It is done! I mailed it to

It is done! I mailed it to you Steve.

steve2007
Thanks, Larry.

Thanks, Larry.

I'll let you know how it goes.  My parts are ordered.

Steve

Larry Dillon
Great!  Hope you fix it. 

Great!  Hope you fix it.  Sealed

steve2007
Larry.

Larry.

I would like to remove the D board and was wondering how the clips between the 'A' and 'D' boards work - I don't want to break them.

Steve

achaudhary
Larry Dillon said: I do not

Larry Dillon said: I do not have the exact model number service manual, but the TV set your referring to is an RA6 chassis and I do have that service manual.  If you would like a copy of it, you will need to leave an e-mail address and go to pando.com and get the free download so you can open this very large file.  Good Luck with this repair.

Larry,

I am having the same issue with my KP43HT20. The display is showing double images and is constant.

Can you please e-mail me the service manual as well?

Atul Chaudhary

achaudhary
achaudhary said: Larry

achaudhary said:

Larry Dillon said: I do not have the exact model number service manual, but the TV set your referring to is an RA6 chassis and I do have that service manual.  If you would like a copy of it, you will need to leave an e-mail address and go to pando.com and get the free download so you can open this very large file.  Good Luck with this repair.

Larry,  I am having the same issue with my KP43HT20. The display is showing double images and is constant. Can you please e-mail me the service manual as well?  Atul Chaudhary

Larry,

I forgot to give you my e-mail address. The e-mail address is [email protected]

Thanks,

Atul 

Larry Dillon
Well did not really mater my

Well did not really mater my friend, as I do not have that manual for you. But one can be gotten HERE Who knows it is a possibility I will get a copy in a month or so.?

achaudhary
achaudhary said:

achaudhary said:

achaudhary said:

Larry,  I am having the same issue with my KP43HT20. The display is showing double images and is constant. Can you please e-mail me the service manual as well?  Atul Chaudhary

Larry, I forgot to give you my e-mail address. The e-mail address is [email protected] Thanks, Atul 

Larry,

I might have fixed the convergence issue without repairing the tv. I did some more research and found a service manual for another tv. The manual had some instructions on diagnosing by entering display   5   Video   and    TV Power on the remote as quickly as possible. I pressed the buttons several times, and the problem was resolved.

Atul

Larry Dillon
Excuse me?  Explain in a

Excuse me?  Explain in a better form please.

DenverMike
Larry Dillon said: I do not

Larry,

I have the same issue as Steve above - with a Sony in an RA6 chassis. Would you please send me the above referenced manual as well. (I'll also go to pando.com to get the free download to open the file).

Mike

Larry Dillon
denvermike, I tried to send

denvermike, I tried to send the manual, I tried to save you 30 bucks. It came back as undeliveralble for a bad e-mail address. Now you will have to go to servicemanuals.com to get a manual. I got a manual from a friend just for you. Now i cannot send it unless I get it again. I tried twice to send it.  This is your address you left. [email protected] It is wrong!

DenverMike
Larry,

Larry,

Sorry - it was a typo. 

Larry Dillon
Go to servicemanuals.com and

Go to servicemanuals.com and you can get a service manual there.

mjdiver
 I hate to say "me too" but I

I hate to say "me too" but I moved recently and I can't find my service manual. I have a KP51WS500. Since I moved the set I need to get into the service menu so I can adjust the convergence. If anyone would email the service manual to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
If the convergence is off a

If the convergence is off a lot, the service menu will not help you. The service menu is ONLY to do tweaking of the convergence. If you try to adjust the convergence without replacing the IC's first, once you do replace the IC's, you may have one heck of a time adjusting the convergence, if you even can get it right again. if the convergence is off after you moved, the convergence board could be cracked, or something around the optics could have shifted a bit, and the service menu will not help you as well. If the convergence is just off a little and not all over the screen, yes the tweaking in the service menu might help. Good Luck

hunanliu
Dear Larry,

Dear Larry,

Would you please kindly send a service manual to me for my TV set:

Sony Wide Screen Model KP-57WS510

My E-mail address is [email protected]

My TV has a same problem as you answered before. The project TV suddenly went into convergence problem. Every object on screen gives 3 colour shadows. The lines on screen are not straight and look like first day of moon. The picture is stretched in the central area.

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
I have sent you the manual

I have sent you the manual you requested. If you do not understand or know how to read the schematic diagram to trace and to follow the circuit flow, please do not hesitate to call in a tech to assist you in this repair. Good Luck

jnc
Larry,

Larry,

I seem to be having a similar problem with my Sony KP51WS500. The picture is having red and blue shadows. I hate to be saying this but could you please send me the service manual as well. I want to try fixing it myself before I call a service person. Thanks so much. My email id is : [email protected]

Larry Dillon
JNC I sent you a service

JNC I sent you a service manual. Just be careful and do not get into deep. if you have any doubts about what to do, please play it safe and call out a pro to assist you in this repair. Good Luck

jnc
Larry Dillon said: JNC I sent

Larry Dillon said: JNC I sent you a service manual. Just be careful and do not get into deep. if you have any doubts about what to do, please play it safe and call out a pro to assist you in this repair. Good Luck

Thanks so much for the manual as well as the tips. Will keep that in mind before I try anything on my own :)

csutyoko
Larry,

Larry,

I need a service manual for a KP51WS500 to troubleshoot a red background with red retrace line vice black background problem. could you e-mail or send me a copy? Any information you can provide will be highly appreciated.

Thank You,

Charles

csutyoko
If anyone has thoughts on

If anyone has thoughts on this problem, add them to this forum please.

Charles

Pages

Connect With Techlore