1996 Zenith Color TV Picture- Colors Wrong

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gloria Lorenzo
1996 Zenith Color TV Picture- Colors Wrong

All of a sudden the "Color" is Reddish Pink on skin tones and in the Black and White Movies, the skin tone is lavendar. It is a 15 inch set, serial # SY1931S6. The other numbers on the set are 662-524-60638-Made in Mexico. The lettering on the Menu is Bright Pink with a Blue background. I used the Zenith wand to see if I could adjust the color--no luck. I called the local Cable company to see if it was them--but the other TV connected to Cable is fine I checked the surge protector, moved what cables i could--nothing there. Any suggestions or is it time to buy a new set? Thanks for any help.

Silva
We need the chassis# and

We need the chassis# and Modle # not serial#. 

Larry Dillon
your problem could be a bad

your problem could be a bad connection on the CRT board on the back of the CRT, but you must becarefullas there is alot of hihj voltage there on that board.  it could also be a picture tube going bad.  If you have no TV repair experience, please do not attempt this repair by yourself.   You have an 11 year old TV set, Not even worth an estimate fee, In my opinion, you would be better off purchaseing a new set.  Good Luck

Gloria Lorenzo
Thanks for the input on the

Thanks for the input on the Old Zenith-- There is a newer set I have in storage--ran it again a couple of months ago to be sure it was okay--if it does not work--I can do some homework and shop for a new set--maybe a 24 inch--without a lot of fancy attachments. any recommendations? I understand the law changes in 2008 and the current sets may be "outmoded? This is a Wonderful service and I do appreciate the quick response from Silva and Larry Dillon.

gadgetgeek
I just purchased a 42"

I just purchased a 42" Phillips Plasma TV about two months ago.  It has suddenly shown red splotchy lines all over the picture - expecially on faces - like a bad case of acne on all the actors.  What could be happening?  Do I have a lemon?

Larry Dillon
Have you tried to turn down

Have you tried to turn down the color or chroma yet?

Connect With Techlore