hv cable removal/anyone

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
nozz
hv cable removal/anyone

how do you remove the cables either from the hv housing or at the end attached to the what looks like a mini oil rig on the main board. the manual says turn 90 deg but they wont budge. kp430t rear projectionFrown

Larry Dillon
sure you have the complete

sure you have the complete model number?

nozz
ooops. its a sony kp-43t90 is

ooops. its a sony kp-43t90 is has convergence problems ihave he board out the only cables are the ones that lead to the hv unit one is a thin cable the other a bit wider they are conected to a modual with a magnet on the inside of it on the main board .once i get this of what exactly do you think will need replacing.the ghost is lmost double. thanks again

Larry Dillon
Is it that the convergence is

Is it that the convergence is reallt far out of alighnment? and the auto focus or the convergence does not adjust? Does the picture look like it is in a 3-D mode?

nozz
holy smokes larry when do you

holy smokes larry when do you sleep?

yes the  convergence  is really far out. the auto focus did nothin no adjustment.i tried manualy adjusting the lenses the way they show you in the service man, by covering each lens but i think it made it worse. the blue and yellow colours are the prominent shadows which show through.

Larry Dillon
Sounds like you have the

Sounds like you have the typical convergence problem. Bad STK driver IC's. do you have any experience with unsoldring and soldering or working on solid state printed circuit boards?

nozz
No,

No,

but i have a friend who does this often 

I just need to get the board off identify what needs replacing and getting the parts.still have not gotten those cables off yet

Larry Dillon
post a picture or I will look

post a picture or I will look at the service manual if I have it and get back to you.

Larry Dillon
Ok all ok those rubber caps

Ok all ok those rubber caps on the oil rig as you called it, really that is the hi voltage distribution block, well anyway, all of those little rubber caps get pulled up a bit on the wires and then each wire get turn 90 degrees counter clockwise and then it should pull out. And yes I do have the service manual. if you want it post your e-mail address and I will send it to you. You will also need to go online to pando.com and get the pando file because this file is over a gig so thats the way I send these manuals.

nozz
you guys sent me the service

kp-43t90 board

you guys sent me the service manual already hope these pictures are of any help 

nozz
        try this location

circuit board        try this location

and hopefuly you will be able to view it 

nozz
(No subject)

nozz
fuggedaboutit i will try

fuggedaboutit i will try something else

Larry Dillon
send the pictures to

send the pictures to [email protected]

nozz
did you view the picture? any

did you view the picture? any idea which ones need replacing

if not i can send it again

Larry Dillon
Have you tryed to remoxe thge

Have you tryed to remoxe thge other ends like I stated before.  If I am not mistaking, this is removed on the other end of the wire.  By the way that is the flyback transformer you sent me  a picture of, but it looks like the core is missing from the center of it.  why is that missing?

nozz
i have the core its held on

i have the core its held on by a clip it just slots back in ,those cables are tight at both ends

Larry Dillon
Did you ever get the service

Did you ever get the service manual on this TV set? If not i may have it, but will need the email to send through pando

nozz
yes,

yes,

i have the service manual it does give info on removal of the cables page 12

but i think there is more to it these things are tight if you force them they will break off then what?

mattmell
Do you have to discharge any

Do you have to discharge any one of the picture tubes before removing the red cable from the Hi-voltage distribution block? I am trying to change the convergence ICs and want to remove the board.

Thanks

nozz
i did not .im not sure that i

i did not .im not sure that i needed to.the board removal is pretty straight foward .there are two screws around mid centre on the board which are hard to see. good luck

oh yeah,

i dummped that ptoject a while back.

Connect With Techlore