Zenith 27" Tv Model 1QB27B42W no picture with sound

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gordon
Zenith 27" Tv Model 1QB27B42W no picture with sound

Could anyone please help me with my problem with my tv. Went to turn the tv on and had no picture just a black screen with good clear crisp sound.

Larry Dillon
Do you know if you have high

Do you know if you have high voltage?  Feel the front of the screen and see if there is the static on the surface.  If it is there, you most likely have a problem in the video drive or the drive voltages for the picture tube.  Could even be an open resistor or bad connection on the CRT socket on the cRT printed circuit board, or on the flyback transformer itself.  Check the screen voltage also on the crt board.  If there is no static on the front of the crt, most likely the flyback or something in that circuit is bad.  if you have no experience at all with solid state printed circuit board, please take or call out a trained tech to give you an estimate, as a TV set is no place to be experimenting around inside of.  Good Luck, and let us know how you nade out.

Gordon
Larry Dillon said: Do you

Larry Dillon said: Do you know if you have high voltage?  Feel the front of the screen and see if there is the static on the surface.  If it is there, you most likely have a problem in the video drive or the drive voltages for the picture tube.  Could even be an open resistor or bad connection on the CRT socket on the cRT printed circuit board, or on the flyback transformer itself.  Check the screen voltage also on the crt board.  If there is no static on the front of the crt, most likely the flyback or something in that circuit is bad.  if you have no experience at all with solid state printed circuit board, please take or call out a trained tech to give you an estimate, as a TV set is no place to be experimenting around inside of.  Good Luck, and let us know how you nade out.

Hi Larry

Thank you for an answer to my problem. I have a little knowledge of inside the tv but, I know there is very high voltage inside. It is sure not a place for a beginner to start probing around. If I had more knowledge and a service manual I would attempt repairing it. Not even sure if it worth repairing. I will check to see if the screen has static.I will let you know how I make out with the tv.Thank you again for your help Larry!

Larry Dillon
Please keep us informed, as

Please keep us informed, as the more we share the more we can learn.

Connect With Techlore