AKAI Rear Projection PT5598HD

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
evil
zachmain02 said: not sure if

zachmain02 said: not sure if this thread is still open. hope it is. I bought a PT5598HDI for cheap, obviously. works great excepth the colors are off and its a bit blurred. a lot of red and greens. other than that the picture is fine. is this just a matter of replacing a bulb, or is there a problem somewhere else like the convergence board? any help would be greatly appriciated -zach

try to FINE TUNE in the menu under channel,for focus,also could be a cable box from say charter or who ever i know mine kills my picture,as far as the colors being off try perfect focus on the right side of the tv under the A\V jack cover or in the menu if that doesnt work try to manually converge the tv by going to menu-function-convergence.2,4,6,8 move the cursor to the arrow you want to ajust and vol,and channel buttons ajust it where u want it :) hope this helps 

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!
I also need an e-mail address to send you anything!!!!!!
Larry Dillon

SirBink
thanks for the reply evil

thanks for the reply evil

mine isnt hooked to cable yet, only a DVD player that i know works fine. got the blurriness down, but color is still WAY off. tried a bit of fine tuning in the service menu for the color. not much help. i cant get the colors to make the picture right. i can turn down the red, but then too much blue, etc.... ill turn down the red to make faces look right-ish (big ish) but then the sky turns bright, glowing blue.

i got the factory specs for the service menu and put it back, still cant get it to look right. anyone know what part is responsible for mixing the colors correctly? may be a dumb question, but im new to TVs

thakns for the help so far guys - zach

evil
What do you mean by WAY off?a

What do you mean by WAY off?a picture is worth a thousand words.You may need to replace the ic's.

ghwlynn
Same exact problem with my

Same exact problem with my Akai....power light comes on but no sound or picture. It's been sitting in my garage because I haven't found a repair person willing to work on this tv. Found this thread while doing research....hope the Samsung 1-800# will help. Thanks!

Larry Dillon
probably bad convergence ic's

probably bad convergence ic's and bad B- & plus fuses also.
Larry D.

rpf2407
GHWLYNN - I replaced my

GHWLYNN - I replaced my convergence board and everything works fine now. The part cost me about $75 and was not difficult to replace. I used Samsung part # BP95-00415B Good Luck!

Houkster
I have the PT5598 also and

I have the PT5598 also and this set worked fine, we used daily for three or so years. I moved it upstairs to a workout room, it wasn't bumped or anything like that during moving. I worked well what times we worked out and watched it. One day I tried to turn it on and nothing happened. I checked all plugs and what I could but nothing. I have had a TV repairman check it and he tried a couple of different boards but nothing. Does anyone know what this may be and what parts I could tell the repairman to check or replace?

goc936
I have the PT5598HD and we

I have the PT5598HD and we were watching a dvd went to change componet and tv wnt out black it goes on and goes off after a bit no picture HELP I bought it had no book no nothing about tvs please help

goc936
I have the PT5598HD it worked

I have the PT5598HD it worked fine till we went to change the componet from dvd to tv and then it went black help

evil
everything you need should be
mohamed12
my akai 56 inche projection

my akai 56 inche projection screen tv has a red and green shadow i dont know whats wrong with it doe's anyone know if it can be fixed or replaced email me at if i can fix it from the house or the remote control and you can email me at [email protected] thank you

mohamed12
i have a 56' akai projetion

i have a 56' akai projetion tv and it has a red and green shadow and i dont know whats wrong with it and i wanted to know if i can fix it with the tv or remote control or if it can be repaired if anyone knows anything about this tv and email me at [email protected] thank you

picopico
hey there, anybody have a

hey there, anybody have a clue what the problem might be with akai pt-5598-hd ix had convergence problem replaced both ics. but no resistors as they all looked good. no pico fuses on conv. board on this model. repair got rid of mis alignment/rainbow effect but when i try to align blue thru conv. menu you cant see blue squares or so faint that you can realy only see the center one. red works perfect. im pretty shure its a seperate problem. color wont ajust very well set has a over all orange hue and slightly foggy look. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks alot.

evil
Check for mold inside the crt

Check for mold inside the crt,with the set running take the front off and look into each of the lenses and make sure you can see the picture clearly,as for the blue you may need to adjust the focus block.

l31007
My Akai PT5598HD wouldn't

My Akai PT5598HD wouldn't power on so I disconnected the convergence board. The TV was then able to power on but everything looked bowed and in 3-D. So I figure it's the convergence board that needs replacing, but there's red lines down the middle of the screen like dripping blood.

Will replacing the convergence board get rid of the blood as well as fixing the converging?

evil
Mine done the same thing,I

Mine done the same thing,I traced it to a phosphor burn on the green tube,the short answer is no you will have to replace the,more than likely green cathode ray tube to get rid of the red lines,BUT after I repaired my convergence board and watched the tv for about a month I hardly noticed the lines anymore.Click HERE for the exact repair kit that you will need for the convergence board it comes with everything you will need including thermal paste,pico fuses,resistors,IC chips and instructions as well as phone or internet support if you need it.

l31007
Evil, Thanks for the reply.

Evil, Thanks for the reply.

There were no blood lines before the TV went dead. Did the CRT go bad when the convergence board failed?

I actually already ordered the whole convergence board, Samsung BP95-00142E. Is this the same as getting the kit, except more expensive?

How do I tell which CRT I need to replace? How much are they and is it an easy fix?

Thanks

evil
The crt isnt bad it just has

The crt isnt bad it just has a burned phospher screen from a surge of power to the electron gun when the IC's failed. http://www.npr.org/programs/morning/features/2002/jul/recycling/crtpop.html
Depending on where you are getting the board from,most of them are used boards that came out of tv's that couldnt be repaired easily or the part was more expensive than it would have been worth parting out the tv.Since they are usually used that means the IC's that caused your problem to begin with are that much closer to doing it again and you just dont know how many hours could be on them.On top of that it cost more for the entire board rather than the specific components that failed which is what you get in the kit.The kit is a little more labor intensive since you have to actually desolder the old components and remove them then install the new ones from the kit,which is what I prefer to do.So both have there ups and downs but if you know how to solder and have the equipment to do it the kit is the way to go.You can tell which CRT needs to be replaced(after you repair the convergence issue with the board or kit)by taking the screen off and looking into the CRT lens with the set on and running with picture.You may be able to see it with the set off and using a flashlight to look at the white phosper screen through the focus lens,but it can be hard to tell if you dont know what you are looking for.You get the color red because it is more dominant than blue,if you have an absense of green being caused by the phosphor burnt screen on the green crt.Figuring out which crt to replace is the easy part,finding a replacement crt is going to be the hard part on top of that they are heavy and not cheap at all,weight in shipping can be costly as well.

l31007
Evil,

Evil,

Thanks so much for the very informative information. I hope the convergence board I receive is actually new but we'll see. I'll keep you posted on how things come along.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who ran into the dripping blood. I didn't find much on that subject when I tried Googling it.

Thanks a bunch.

Pages

Connect With Techlore