2142 Please Help !!!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jimmyea
2142 Please Help !!!

Ok hello Ive got a very bad problem I'm losing sleep and when I do sleep I dream of it. Ok well I got 2142 a few days ago and I can't play it online !!!! when ever I join a server it just locks up on character select it dose not do this offline 

I've tried Uninstalling and reinstalling geting all new drivers for everything lowing graphic performance and disabling Voip Ive also tryed running through game jackal but no success, also when ever I reinstall I can usally play for about 5 min then it just freezes .

Any help would be great 

Thanks Jim 

Larry Dillon
I'm sorry Jim,  What is a

I'm sorry Jim,  What is a 2142 that your losing sleep over?  Is this avideo game or onlkine game your tyin to join?

Jimmyea
Oh sorry I hadn't even

Oh sorry I hadn't even noticed I hadn't put the name in the game is Battlefield 2142

Larry Dillon
Is it a discontinued game, or

Is it a discontinued game, or is there still online assistance with it or via the Telephone?

Jimmyea
Yes it's a very new game

Yes it's a very new game there is support but they are not very helpful they tell me to reinstall ( Which I've done ) or format and then try but I do not want to format there must be something doing it I was thinking it may be heat but then it should still freeze on single player I think.

Matt Whitlock
Hi Jimmy, 

Hi Jimmy, 

Provided the game is new, and online play is available, troubles joining a server are almost always caused by your router's firewall (provided you allowed inbound/outbound connections on your software firewall). Most games require a certain range of ports to be open in order to play online, you should be able to get the port list from any readme or FAQ files on the game disc, or from the manufacturer's website. When you find out what they are, open the setup for your router, and configure port forwarding for your particular game.

Good luck!

Jimmyea
Yay ok well it's fixed I did

Yay ok well it's fixed I did like 20 things so Im not sure which one done it so thanks alot guys.

Connect With Techlore