DVD player only show black & white image

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
sfg511
DVD player only show black & white image

I did some rewiring from my Pioneer DV-525 DVD player to my TV.  I tried out a new component which I decided not to keep.  When I reconnected the audio/video cables to their original positions, DVD's only play in B&W.

I have tried all combinations of inputs/outputs, and new cables, but the problem persists.
Any suggestions?
Many thanks,
Steve
Larry Dillon
Did you change any type of

Did you change any type of connection format ,like are you using a DVI connector or analog RCA jacks?  Or an optical connector that you never used before?  Is the DVD a recorder where byour using an rf connection to the TV.?

sfg511
Nothing has changed! Same

Nothing has changed! Same equipment and same cables (althought I did try another set of cables which yielded the same result).

I tried every possible combination of inputs/outputs, and the best I come up with is a B&W picture.

Larry Dillon
OK Have you changed any

OK Have you changed any playback format on the Tv/display such as NTSC or PAL settings? Is it switchable and are you in the USA?

sfg511
I did not change any settings

I did not change any settings on the TV or the DVD player.

Thanks for taking the time to sort through this with me. 

Larry Dillon
No Problem sfg11. What type

No Problem sfg11. What type of TV set  is it(make and model)

Larry Dillon
Have you tryed another TV set

Have you tryed another TV set to see if its working in color?  If it dosent work then theres a croma problem with the unit.  If the DVD does play on another set, even if you didnt change anything in the menu, Make sure the TV is set to the same format as the DVD. 

Connect With Techlore