PSCAN on screen, splits my tv screen in half...

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
cjg
PSCAN on screen, splits my tv screen in half...

I have a memorex dvd player.  When I try to play a dvd, a yellow box appears in the middle of the screen with an exclamation point in a triangle, below the triangle are the letters PSCAN (I assume meaning progressive scan?) and the screen is split in half (so now I have two mini screens).  I'm not sure what to do.  Any suggestions?

Mannybb01
I need to know the same thing

I need to know the same thing..I tried messing with the DVD player for a while with no success....

Matt Whitlock
Given your description of the

Given your description of the problem, it sounds like your TV is not compatible with progressive signals (or at least the input you're using isn't). Remeber that analog televisions are not capable of displaying 480p signals. If you do have an analog TV the problem should go away if you disable the progressive scan feature. If you own a digital TV, try using a different component input. 

Wizard_Yo
Memorex MVD2042 - The only

Memorex MVD2042 - The only switch on the back of the unit had gotten bumped when something fell behind the unit, thus causing the same issue mentioned here. Looking at the front of the unit, the switch is straight back from the disc tray on the left. (of course, if you're looking at the back, it's on the right side) This switch is for "Progressive Scan" either "on" or "off"

Thanks,
Wizard_Yo

http://WizYo.Sytes.Net

Connect With Techlore