Cell Phone Is Wet Need Quick Advice!!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
gabev
Cell Phone Is Wet Need Quick Advice!!

I Dropped My Cell Phone In A Tiny Puddle Of Mouthwash,Cell Phone Was Working fine,then ring volume was changing by itself,turned it off and back on,powered up just fine then everytime i press a button any button it goes to ring volume control. i have a motorola razr v3. any advice?

Matt Whitlock
Turn it off and let it dry

Turn it off and let it dry out for 24 to 48 hours. If it still behaves irratically afterward, then you'll need to replace the phone. Mouthwash is not a neutral substance, and all the artificial flavors and sweetners leaving residues and such probably fried some stuff out.

wltgry
Also try putting the phone or

Also try putting the phone or any electronic device thats been wet in a bag of rice, the rice will draw the moisture out of the device. Worked for me when I sat my phone on a window seal under a condensating air conditioner on a hot summer night.

Wild Bill
First you have to wash away

First you have to wash away any contaminates.  Use distilled water, then maybe a quick rinse in rubbing alcohol to absorb some of the moisture and carefully shake out excess and blow dry with a hair dryer on low or let air dry by an A/C vent, etc. Then pray.

used_gum
These guys can all probably

These guys can all probably give you better advice, when I dropped my phone in ramen noodle juice I wasn't so lucky to have it still work, I ended up getting a wanna be brand of my previous phone from asurion, the cell phone insurance people, and let's just say that phone was a piece of -blam-. I now have a pretty cool phone, Alias by Samsung. But my brother dropped his phone in a cup of water, he managed to blow dry it, but it didn't stay alive much longer.

lharmon
once i left my phone in the

once i left my phone in the wash and then it was in the dryer so i put under a lamp over night then put it in a nag of rice. i had to get a new battery but when i did the phone was still working

lakemonster8
i have been in this position

i have been in this position nearly 3 times (only i went swimming with mine) and one camera out in the rain. My suggestion is to immediately take out the battery asap then strip all of the plastic cases of if possible to do without ruining it. Then blow dry it on high for about 20 min or until there is no water vapor visible on the screen or any other part. Then let it sit on dry rice for about 20 hours. This has worked for me every single time. (my experience w/ the razr is that it takes almost a week for all the buttons to return to normal function) good luck

brianna102
According to the problem of

According to the problem of your cell phone , I think you should change this set.

-----------

brianna

Online Dating

http://www.casualdate.net.au]Online Dating

Connect With Techlore