DVD/VCR combo Woe's

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bigwags1
DVD/VCR combo Woe's

I have this Sony DVD/VCR combo that dose'nt play
DVD's. The menue reads "No Disc" What it that about? This unit is only 14 mos. old.

Matt Whitlock
Here's an article that gives

Here's an article that gives some of the most common reasons: http://www.techlore.com/article/10478/

billw
I have a dvd-vcr combo..

I have a dvd-vcr combo...broksonic and i keep getting a message after it reads the disc..it just says err

Ron Repking (not verified)
Are you trying to play

Are you trying to play commercial DVDs? Does it happen with any DVD that you try?

billw
Yes they are commercial. And

Yes they are commercial. And yes it happens with all DVD's. Curiously, I have two of the same units and they are both doing it. One started two months ago and the second two days ago.

Ron Repking (not verified)
Assuming that the link that

Assuming that the link that Matt put above doesn't help, your DVD player probably needs to serviced by someone who understands these devices. If it's happening with both devices, maybe you can get a 2 for 1 deal...

Let us know what you find out and decide so that the next person that has the problem can be helped!

daconjones
Hello everyone, my machine

Hello everyone, my machine isn't a not Broksonic though. I have a the Samsung DVD-V8600. The DVD section of the machine works well, but I cannot get it to display the VCR. So when it is switched to VCR mode, I can only hear the sound but cannot see anything except the screen saver for the DVD menu. I tried to replug the video/audio cords but it still results with the same problem. Has anyone experienced this same problem?

Guest (not verified)
I got the Toshiba SD-V393SU

I got the Toshiba SD-V393SU and it keeps playing the TV sound underneath the DVD sound.

So basically, Whatever show is on the TV on the VHS side, I can hear it running through as I play the DVD.
I tried switching the VCR channel over to a "snow" or static channel, but I get a ton of feedback and the DVD audio is cut in half.

Should I just return it, or is there something I'm missing here?

Please help!

Matt Whitlock
Sojurn22, If you just

Sojurn22,

If you just purchased it, return it to the store and exchange it for a new unit. If the problem persists, return that unit and exchange it for that of a different make, or purchase a seperate VCR and DVD player. Separating the devices will eliminate the problem.

Guest (not verified)
I also have a SD-V393SU. The

I also have a SD-V393SU. The VCR and DVD both play fine... but I cannot tape anything in the VCR... it just tapes as "fuzz." In the troubleshooting guide in the back of the manual, it says it might be in "external input mode." I do not know what that means, or how to correct it. I have followed the instructions over and over... but I am sure I am just doing something stupid wrong. I have both the VCR/DVD combo and a cable box hooked up to my TV. I appreciate any help you can give...

CANDLER
I have a DVD/VCR combo and

I have a DVD/VCR combo and the DVD door will not stay shut with or without a DVD. Any Suggestion

Connect With Techlore