LG-V6100 Voice Dial Help?!?!

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
AudioJill
LG-V6100 Voice Dial Help?!?!

The instruction manuals that come with this phone are terrible! I have a question about using the phone in driving mode so I can use the speaker phone to dial a call. You say "Contacts", and then the name of the contact. But it defaults to the first number listed for that person. Do you know how you can specify which number under that contact's name should be dialed?
Thanks so much.

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
AudioJill,I can understand

AudioJill,

I can understand what you mean. It looks like the phone dials the first number listed for a given contact. Easy enough right...? Here's the snippet from the manual:

To Voice Dial a Name From Your Contacts List
1. Flip open the phone, then press the Voice Commands Key.
2. When prompted, say "Contacts".
3. When prompted again, say a name from your Contacts list.
4. When asked to confirm, say "Yes". The phone dials the first
number listed for that Contact entry.

Okay, you definately have that part down. Here's the line that may mention something about your problem, except that it makes no sense to me.

"NOTE: You should select the phone label, if the phone are stored more than two."

I don't have a clue as to what that really means, but here's my two best guesses.
1. You should select the phone label if the phone number is stored more than twice in the phone.
2. You should select the phone label if the contact has more than two stored numbers.

That's the best I can come up with by the manual. It's your phone... any idea what they mean by phone label???

The only real solution you may have is to create a seperate contact entry for each number, kind of like the old days. So you would have 2 contact entries for Jane Doe if you have Jane's mobile and home phone numbers. Then you would create a voice command for "Jane Home" and "Jane Mobile". It will work in a pinch.

I know someone that just deactivated an LG 1300 or 1400. I'll see if I can get my hands on it for a few days to see if it has a similar voice command feature as the 6100. It'll be much easier to figure out if I could get my hands on it.

Ron Repking (not verified)
"NOTE: You should select the

"NOTE: You should select the phone label, if the phone are stored more than two."

Could it mean that in addition to saying the contact name, say the label too? e.g. "Contacts", "Jill Smith", "Work"? Worth a try?

AudioJill
Thanks guys! I'll try your

Thanks guys! I'll try your suggestions or default to listing the person separately under the cell phone v. home v. work.

Connect With Techlore