VCR to VCR recording

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
bettyboop
VCR to VCR recording

How do I record from VCR to VCR? I have to play on TV and record segments of multiple tapes onto one tape. I have the "player" hooked up to the TV. Now, the "recording" VCR: is it hooked up to the playing VCR or to the TV? What lines go where?

Matt Whitlock (not verified)
This is how I would approach

This is how I would approach it:

1. Connect the RF output of the player VCR to the back of the TV.

2. Connect the AV output (yellow/red/white) of the player VCR to the AV input on the recording VCR.

3. Connect either the RF or AV output on the recording VCR to the RF or AV input on the player VCR.

4. Set the TV to the appropriate channel to view the tape from the player VCR.

5. Set the input or channel on the player VCR to match up with where you plugged in the cables from the recording VCR's output in step 3.

6. Set the input on the recording VCR to the appropriate input.

When the player VCR is playing, the player's picture will appear on the screen. If you press record on the recording VCR, whatever you see on the screen is what you will be recording. When the player's tape is stopped, you can press play on the recording VCR and view it on the screen without having to change inputs on the TV.

Ron Repking (not verified)
Why convert VHS to VHS?

Why convert VHS to VHS? Think about converting those old tapes to digital format before you lose the quality and they are worthless!

Read on...

http://www.techlore.com/article/10255/

Connect With Techlore