Mitsubishi WS-55909 green flashing light issue

236 posts / 0 new
Last post
Travis P
Larry, I am having the same

Larry, I am having the same blinking light problem as well. However, in no waywill i be able to fix this myself. I called a couple local repair shops and all mentioned about possible relacing the board itself because it is not allowing the tv boot up fully. Any advice at all would be helpfull and probably save me $400. Thanks

Joe777
Would this be the same

Would this be the same problem with a WS-55513?

TB79
My WS-55909 blinks for a

My WS-55909 blinks for a minute or two but stops then I can turn my t.v. on it works fine except the words are a little blurry towards the bottom of the set. The t.v. was dropped. it sounds like the same issue above but, my set works after a minute or two.

Could I get the instructions for repair also...

[email protected]

Davidka1
Mitsubishi WS-55909: When

Mitsubishi WS-55909: When turning the TV on with either the remote control or front panel POWER switch, the TIMER green light will come on for about 2.5-seconds, and then the light goes off and a click is sound (like a click of a relay being switched from one postion to the other). The TV is about 5-years old and I had no problems until now, although, few months ago it started acting up: the picture will be off, but when the TV was reset it would be OK again. I tried SYSTEM RESET and unplugged the TV overnight but no change. The TV will not come on. Is it the on/off switch or relay which have failed, or a control board or the DM board ??? any help will be appreciated. Thanks, David: [email protected]

Pat419
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Appreciate if you can email repair instructions. Just got power back up from Hurricane Ike and have the blinking green light problem.

Thanks! [email protected]

Davidka1
Just solved my TV problem of:

Just solved my TV problem of: green light blinking for 2.5-second and then a click is sound and the TV shots off. TV will not turn on. TV green light blinks but TV will not turn on...etc.:

By pressing the Menue and Device keys on the front panel for 5 second, an error code will be blinked by the green light in a two digit sequence (for more details see info below): Count the number of blinks then wait for a short pause, then count the number of blinks again. The sequence will repeat for 5 times such that for a 22 error code you'll get 20 blinks (i.e. (2+2=) 4 X 5 = 20). 22 error code according to the repair manule is "short protect": i.e. some fuses will open up due to a short or excessive current drawn in the (circuit) set. The fact that the the green light blinks actually indicates that the power supply is functioning well. I just repaired my WS-55909 and tracing the short found out that the IC which contains the three drive amplifiers (for the RGB's)was shorting out causing to two fuses to pop open and disabling the TV to prevent further damage. I replaced the IC-STK393-110HIC (approx. $90.00) and further found out that the compound between the amplifier and its heat sink was not applied properly causing excessive heat to build up and finally causing failure of the IC (i.e. the three amps come in an IC package), but the TV is approx. 6.5 years old and this was its first failure. I downloaded the repair manual for $3.99 for the Mitsubishi WS-55909 V19 Chassis 55" Projection TV Technical Training Manual Details from http://www.e-servicemanuals.com/product-view.php?prod_id=321955909 Let me know how your repair is coming...
-David Rochblatt

ChrisTeague
I also have the blinking

I also have the blinking green light of death on my WS-65909. Can anyone help?
Chris

[email protected]

GETECH
ws55909 green blinking light

ws55909 green blinking light please help with any DIY STUFF THANKS

GETECH
part numbers or supply house

part numbers or supply house info as well for parts on ws55909 green blinking light or email the fix please and thanks much

mjs
Larry, I too am experiencing

Larry, I too am experiencing the green blinking light -- ws-55909.. will you send me the document? Many thanks
[email protected]

vinayak
Larry,

Larry,
We too own a Mitsubishi, the WS65909. It has the same blinking green light problem after power failures and will not turn on. I would very much appreciate the directions for the repair to be forwarded to me as well. Thank you in advance.

[email protected]

knisman
Hi Larry. My Mit TV is

Hi Larry. My Mit TV is experiencing the same problem - blinking green light. Tried unplugging and reset. Please forward the repair instruction for the DM module. Thank you.
Model WS-65909
[email protected]

Cajuned
Larry--Same old story with

Larry--Same old story with our Mitsubishi WS-55909--the blinking green light of death. Store repair shop wanted around $900 to replace the $600 DM board. From yours and other sites, I know the HV caps and/or thermal fuzes may not be the only thing possibly wrong with the DM board--but, compared to the costs of a full replacement, it's certainly worth a try. Would greatly appreciate it if you could send me what ever you have on the board repair! Thanks much.

vinayak
Larry,

Larry,

Sorry to bother you again for your instructions re: WS65909 green blinking light after power outages. My email is [email protected].

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Don Delli Paoli

Larry Dillon
Are the wHat/? I you need a

Are the wHat/? I you need a file i need somewhere to send it to.

Cajuned
Cajuned said: Larry--Same old

Cajuned said: Larry--Same old story with our Mitsubishi WS-55909--the blinking green light of death. Store repair shop wanted around $900 to replace the $600 DM board. From yours and other sites, I know the HV caps and/or thermal fuzes may not be the only thing possibly wrong with the DM board--but, compared to the costs of a full replacement, it's certainly worth a try. Would greatly appreciate it if you could send me what ever you have on the board repair! Thanks much.

Larry,
Sorry--I thought the email address box I filled out would get to you, instead of posting it on the web.  Please send your instructions to [email protected]
Thanks again in advance for any help.
Ed Scannell
Murphree
I just repaired a Mitsubishi

I just repaired a Mitsubishi 1080 55 inch. There are 7 capacitors on the DM Board. you need to replace those capacitors. Refer to the link below for detailed pictures of how to repair. I spent $2.00each for capacitors and $6.95 for shipping. This will repair the green flashing light. Once repair and put back together tv light flashes for 15 20 secs and tv was fully operational.
GOOD LUCK.

Eddie1208
Larry, You're probably sick

Larry, You're probably sick of getting all these requests, I would appreciate it if you could be so kind to also send me the repair docs for this problem. I have the WS65909 with the blinking green light of death.
Thanks again
eddie12081
[email protected]

sbucht
Larry, please add me to the

Larry, please add me to the millions of requests for the blinking light solution. Thanks in advance [email protected]

jameson0798
Larry-

Larry-
Happy Thanksgiving, I am experiencing the same power / blinking issue with my 6 year old Mits WS-55909.
Would you please forward as well to
[email protected]
If any of the other forum members have this info and would be willing to fwd to the above address, I would be ever grateful.
It was tough with no TV on Turkey Day

Thanks in advance....
JC

cangus
Hi,

Hi,
I have personally have fixed a few "blinking green light" Mitsubishi TV's. Sometimes the problem is the convergence IC's. When those go out, there are a couple of 5 amp pico fuses which fry, as well as couple of resistors. Other times it is the 7 capacitors on the DM board. You will NEED a BASIC knowledge of IC's, resistors, and capacitors before diving into it. Good luck on the proj. :)

Nate90260
Larry,

Larry,

Could you please email these instructions to me as well? Thank you very much.

Nate
[email protected]

kupper
Larry, Would you send me the

Larry, Would you send me the Service Manual and instructions also? I'm working on one of these sets.  [email protected]

Roy Nichols
Larry,

Larry,

If you're not too tired of sending out your repair information can you send it may way as well. Another Mitsu dead here too. Here's my email [email protected]

Thank you!

RIFE
Roy Nichols said: Larry, If

Roy Nichols said: Larry, If you're not too tired of sending out your repair information can you send it may way as well. Another Mitsu dead here too. Here's my email [email protected] Thank you!

Roy,

I have the same problem with my Mits WS55909 and not sure how to e-mail to Larry who seems to have the answers. I just joined the sight tonight,can you e-mail me @ [email protected] if you have info. Thanks

RIFE
Larry,

Larry,
I have the same problem with A Mitsubishi WS55909, not sure how to e-mail you on this site. Can you send info on fixing code 22 problem. My e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks for your help

70sum
Larry, My ws-55859 shuts off

Larry, My ws-55859 shuts off when watching and gives a blinking green light. Comes back on after awhile. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Can you send instructions to me. thanks [email protected]

Gil Salazar
Larry, I have a Mitsubishi WS

Larry, I have a Mitsubishi WS-65909 and just started getting the flashing greem timer light. I would appreciate the instructions for resolving this. Many thanks in advance. [email protected]

Scott Clark
Larry,

Larry,

I am having this issue with my WS-65857. Any chance you could send me the instructions for this model to splashdream at gmail dot com?

Thanks, Scott C.

mjs
Larry, I have the WS55909

Larry, I have the WS55909 with a flashing light. Would you please send me the instructions on how to fix? ([email protected])

Thanks in advance, mitch

Pages

Connect With Techlore