Mitsubishi WD-52525 has a continuious blinking light

1707 posts / 0 new
Last post
Billy W
I would really appreciate the

I would really appreciate the instuctions/schematics as well. My friend's WD-52725 has the blinking green light. We've taken it apart and the one cap I see to be bulging is C9A61. Any info is appreciated (other caps the replace, new cap part #'s and sourcing, etc.).

[email protected]

Thanks in advance!

Greg M
I have a WD-52525 that is

I have a WD-52525 that is Green Blinking Timer Light continuously. If I could get whatever information on servicing the caps or other parts involved, I would be very appreciative.

[email protected]

Thanks up Front.

darylb
Hey Guys I replaced 16 bad

Hey Guys I replaced 16 bad caps all boards that had bulging caps on my Mits. WD-52525. I still have the Blinking Green light issue. Can anyone tell me anything else I could look at or try? Thanks for any help.
Daryl

330kroeger
Hey Larry, I have the

Hey Larry, I have the blinking green light problem as well (WD52525). Could you please send me the repair info to [email protected]? Never soldered before, but I like to take things apart and I REALLY like to save money. Thanks a lot!

Chris.B
Hey all, just got a wd52525

Hey all, just got a wd52525 from a friend with blinking light issue. Could you please send me repair instructions? Thanks much.

Chris

Larry Dillon
Chris where can I send you

Chris where can I send you the repair info too??

Chris.B
Larry, please send to chris

Larry, please send to [email protected]. Thank you very much.

meyers967
Hey I have the blinking grenn

Hey I have the blinking grenn light and the tv wont come on because of this . Can you help me !! [email protected]

Peter G
i have the blinking green;

i have the blinking green; can you please send me the information to fix. i have a WD-52525

thank you

Ben675
Wow...interesting to see how

Wow...interesting to see how many other blinking light victims exist. Our WD-62525 started doing the blinking light today. Unplugging and resetting steps didn't help. Do I need to examine the capacitors on the DM board next?

Looks like people are receiving info via email. Can someone please fwd me the info to: jediwebdude AT yahoo.com?

Thanks!

Ben675
One more question. So if it

One more question. So if it turns out to be the capacitors, and I replace 'em, is there anything that can be done to better preserve their life?

Larry Dillon
nope, just replace them with

nope, just replace them with the right caps!

Mike1324
Larry can you send me the

Larry can you send me the guide @ [email protected]

thanks

Ben675
After an hour of following

After an hour of following directions and taking the TV apart, the chasis will not extract. It comes out about 2 inches and is stuck on something on the left (when looking at the back of the TV).

Ben675
jediwebdude said:

jediwebdude said:
After an hour of following directions and taking the TV apart, the chasis will not extract. It comes out about 2 inches and is stuck on something on the left (when looking at the back of the TV).

Dang factory soldered a metal brace higher that it should be, so the brace is about a quarter inch above the bottom of the plastic, thus preventing the chasis from sliding out. I used a drill and took off some of the plastic, then it came out. Flat screen TV sale at Best Buy sure is looking good about right now.

jwjones
I just found this thread. My

I just found this thread. My WD -52725 has the blinking light. The repair man replaced the bulb and three capacitors on the power board, but the problem still exists. They took the TV away and say that it needs a power board. After three months, they cannot get a power board from Mitsubishi. Fortunately, I bought the extended warranty and they will replace the tv. I got the old set back on Wednesday and want to try to repair if possible. I have the service manual and would appreciate it if you could send the repair procedure for my set. My email is [email protected].

Thank you

rodstv repair
Hi All

Hi All

I have a WD-52525 with the same problem can someone please send me the schematics for this model it would help me out alot.

email: robmiller (at) vasucom (dot) com

Thanks
Rob

DGriffin300
I have a WD-52525 that is

I have a WD-52525 that is experiencing the same green light issues. Can you please send me the service manual as well as the repair procedures. My email is [email protected].

Thank You

Chris.B
Please send the repair guide

Please send the repair guide/instructions for blinking light issue for WD-52525 to [email protected]

Thank you.

joseoperez
hi larry, same

hi larry, same blinkinkingking light problem...Could I please get a copy of the repair manual?

thanks,
jose

Larry Dillon
jose I need an e-mail to send

jose I need an e-mail to send out anything!!!

rlynch131
Larry, et all

Larry, et all

I have posted this in the past, but wanted to try again. Like most of you I had the BGLOD, fixed it by replacing ALL 1000uF caps. Worked great for a bit but then got the green/purrple horizontial scrolling lines on all inputs except the SMD card and the OSD. Does anyone know what specific component or components on which board to replace to remove these lines??

PLEASE HELP!

joseoperez
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
jose I need an e-mail to send out anything!!!

[email protected]

thanks

John Conrad
Can someone also send me DOC

Can someone also send me DOC's info for a WD-52525. My TV stays on for about 30 seconds and then turns off. I need to be able to see the connector to the Balast...to see about reseting it.

[email protected]

AlignerGuy
Larry;

Larry;
I have a mitsu model number WD-52725 that just shut off by itself. After reset and pressing the power button the unit

AlignerGuy
Larry:

Larry:
I have a mitsu model number WD-52725 that just shut off by itself. After a reset and pressing the unit power button the "Timer/Power" green light comes on, you here fans and relays click and then in 3-5 seconds everything shuts down, the green light goes out and the Red "Status" light begins to blink. If I hold down the "Menu" and "Device" buttons together it flashes a code "37". Please send me your recommendations and any information I can use to repair this unit. Thanks! Email:[email protected]

asmillie
I have the 52525 Mitsu TV

I have the 52525 Mitsu TV problem.   I am going to try and fix it myself, could you send me the procedures?  Thank you!

asmillie2atyahoodotcom

peter7
Did anyone get the name &

Did anyone get the name & number of the $90 technician and Mits recall phone number. Also if anyone has full instructions on likely repair procedures for the WD-52525 it would be much appreciated. I have replaced caps on power, DM, and FMT board but am still getting the BGLOD. This was not an ongoing problem for me, it just would not turn on one day. I suspect it was a power surge, but have no idea. Reading all the blogs about this issue sounds like it probably had nothing to do with that though...just poor engineering. Anyways thanks in advance for any help.

Peter
[email protected]

asmillie
Are these procedures good for

Are these procedures good for the 52725 as well? I just realized thats the model # I have. Thanks!

jerbeek
I have the same problem as

I have the same problem as Larry above expcept my error code is #12. Has anyone had similar situation? Should I try to change the caps? If so, could someone send the instructions to [email protected]? Thanks!

Pages

Connect With Techlore