Mitsubishi ws-55813 Green Light blinking...

557 posts / 0 new
Last post
Buetre
Sorry Larry, it is buetre

Sorry Larry, it is [email protected]. I really do appreciate it. By the way, why not use Radio Shack caps as was suggested before?.....Emilio

AlexP
Larry Dillon said: des the

Larry Dillon said: des the light blink constantly or blinks a few times and stops nowwhat happens if you wait 3 minutes or so after plugging in the TV SET???

Larry,

The LED is still constantly blinking, no change after 3/5/10 minutes. I'm not sure what other conditions beyond the DM module can generate this fault indicator; I've tried everything you've suggested to date. Any chance you can provide the Service documentation via email? ([email protected])

Larry Dillon
have you tried to reseat the

have you tried to reseat the DM board into its connectors with the case off ???

AlexP
Larry Dillon said: have you

Larry Dillon said: have you tried to reseat the DM board into its connectors with the case off ???

Larry,

I've tried seating the DM board w/o the shield, checked the fuses, rechecked the Capacitors and my solder work as well as everything else you have suggested throughout this forum. Still no end to the constant blinking green LED. It doesn't matter how long; 1 minute, 3, 5, 10, 20, there is no change. Can you provide the service documents for this model (ws55813) as you've done for others in the past? email: [email protected]

Larry Dillon
yes I am sending you the

yes I am sending you the service Manual, Good Luck!!

vamikemc
Hey Larry, I have been

Hey Larry, I have been having the same blinking light problem with my WS-55813. Could you email me the repair instructions to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Mike
[email protected]

Ponceau
Larry,

Larry,

I had the same cap problem with my WS-55859. I have replaced the 7 1000uf 16v caps with 1000uf 35v caps from Radio Shack. The set will now power on fine, but will only stay on for about 2 minutes and power off. Also noticed that my remote will not allow any functions other than power on/off. My front panel buttons are deactivated, so I can not access the self diag mode. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

If you need to send any docs, please send them to [email protected]

Larry Dillon
First off GET RID OF THOSE

First off GET RID OF THOSE LOUSY CRAPPY RADIO SHACK CAPACITORS< they can cause more problems.

Ponceau
Larry Dillon said: First off

Larry Dillon said: First off GET RID OF THOSE LOUSY CRAPPY RADIO SHACK CAPACITORS< they can cause more problems.

I knew that was coming :) Where should I get them from? And, do you think this is my problem?

Thanks..Jeff

picrthis
Hello Larry I was using

Hello Larry I was using google to search for a problem with the flashing green led on my 73" Mits and came accross this forum. Can you please send me the insurcutions to fix the flashing led, so my TV will turn on again.

Thanks very much,

[email protected]

Trendkillaffxi
I have WS-55315, I plug it in

I have WS-55315, I plug it in the light blinks twice. I get nothing when I hold down Menu and Input. I get nothing when I hit Power. If this likely to be the same issue as you have posted here? If so please forward any information to [email protected]. I have read the PDF that is posted previously but it does not recommend a good Capacitor to replace with.

fast98ws6
Larry, it appears i have the

Larry, it appears i have the same problem with a Mitsu WD65831 and the blinky light. mine comes on upon start up and then goes away by itself after a few minutes and the tv will come on. Can you help? My email is [email protected] Thanks!

SBNUT
Larry I now have the green

Larry I now have the green blinking light problem on my WS-55813. Can you please send me the repair instructions to my as well. Many thanks for your help.

Ken

[email protected]

Frank R
I have a WS 55813 Mitsubishi

I have a WS 55813 Mitsubishi tv and a green light is flashing on the front of th set with no picture. It has been flashing for the past hour and the tv won't turn on. What could be the problem and if there is a fix can you share.

Frank R
If someone has the service

If someone has the service manual for the WS 55813 could you share it with me at [email protected]

Frank R
Larry, do you still happen to

Larry, do you still happen to have a copy of the service manual for the Mitsubishi WS 55813. I have a blinking green light problem and my TV won't power on.

Thanks,

Frank R.

[email protected]

Gmaster
Larry, can I also get a copy

Larry, can I also get a copy of the service manual for the Mitsubishi WS 55813. I have a blue screen, green light is solid, not flashing....but I did use Radio Shack Capacitors 6 months ago to repair the blinking green light. do you think this could be source of problem?

Thanks
Paul
[email protected]

Super C
My in laws have the green

My in laws have the green blinking light and after reading this thread I have replaced the caps that were all swollen at the top and also they all read below 100uF (less than 1/10th of their normal value) but despite replacing them the TV still will not turn on.

I will check with the shield off to see if I am seating the board properly.

Would you be willing to please send me the service manual in case I still need to investigate?

Also I should note we found that the supercapacitor memory battery on the DM board was reading .615 volts and read 5.5v on the side of the part's casing. Is that normal considering the TV has been powered off for quite some time?

Thanks,
Casey

casey.hoyt[at]gmail.com

mitsu mess
One more green blinker with

One more green blinker with the 55813 unit, no power surge and nothing else has changed. Any 0ne know if Mitsu is aware and have any corporate solutions (other than buying a new unit that is).

I understand Larry has helped a bunch of people over the years with this problem;; any chance you could sent me the fix that has worked for others before I pay a repair person for a job I can do and where is the best place to get the caps needed::

Thanks for the ongoing help with this problem, shame we are all in the same situation.

Jerry ([email protected])

mitsu mess
Thanks to Frank R for

Thanks to Frank R for forwarding all the necessary documents. When I first replaced the caps as directed and replaced the module, nothing happened, what a bummer. I also found that when I had pulled the chassis (only about 6" without resistance) a wiring harness (3 blues and 1 brown) was dangling without any apparent connection point.) Gave it a break for a day, then repulled the module to check connections, polarity and contacts were fine so replaced the mod without the casing, turned it on, and the light still blinked but when I hit reset this time,,, holy moly guacamole, the light went out and image came up. But convergence was lousy and couldn;t reset manually so pulled the front panel to check the dangling harness, found it attached right at the base of the bulb... hooked it in and suddenly all was better but not right-- now 2 images instead of 3-- so checked the other 2 bulbs and found that one of the other bulb harnesses had come undone-- hooked it in and now i'm primed and ready for hd football on my big screen. Total parts $20, total satisfaction "priceless".

Again thanks to frank r for his invaluable input and support.

Jerry

Zik
Hey Mate

Hey Mate
Could I also get the Mitsubishi WS 55813 repair info and any links to vids, parts Etc.
Thanx You R a God send.
Why isn't Mitsubishi sending you $5.00 for everyone of their TVs you help fix?
Thanx again
G

mitsu mess
send me your email and I'll

send me your email and I'll forward to you the info that Frank sent to me.... the more we can share this fix the better.

Jerry  [email protected]

Frank R
mitsu mess said: send me your

mitsu mess said: send me your email and I'll forward to you the info that Frank sent to me.... the more we can share this fix the better. Jerry

Please include your email address in the message.

Frank R.

Zik
Frank R said:

Frank R said:

mitsu mess said: send me your email and I'll forward to you the info that Frank sent to me.... the more we can share this fix the better. Jerry

Please include your email address in the message.
Frank R.

[email protected]

Sorry I forgot that small detail :)

rdburns5
Larry,

Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi WD-52525 DLP and am having the green blinking light problem. Can you send me the directions to fix it? I don't have electrical engineering experience but might be able to find someone to help. Is it possible to fix it ourselves?

rdburns5
Larry,

Larry,

I forgot to include my email address. It is [email protected]

Jennifer T
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
I have the blinking light issue. TV will not turn on at all; green light blinking for days. Do you have these repair instructions still? This is great! If I have no electronic experience, should I look elsewhere?
[email protected]
Jennifer

Phil Phillips
Hi Larry -

Hi Larry -

I had my Mits WS-55813 fixed twice (once under warranty) for the green light problem. A few months ago I paid $400 for a repairman to come out and fix it again.

Now I have a different problem: When watching a DVD for a while, the screen will suddenly start to roll fast vertically. If I turn the TV off and back on, the picture comes back ok, but the roll occurs more often after that. Logically, seems like a heat-related problem.

When playing video games, the set will, after about 20 minutes, lose the picture completely and go to blue. Repowering the set will fix it temporarily but again the issue happens more and more frequently until it's unusable.

I felt like I got pretty ripped off last time, considering the tech replaced about $15 worth of parts. I want to see if I can resurrect the TV myself and save several hundred dollars.

Any idea what specifically might cause these problems? Could you send me a copy of the service manual for the WS-55813? I'm experienced with tech, I've disassembled and repaired cameras before, but a TV is a new one. I'm aware of the massive voltages involved and know that I need to discharge certain capacitors or risk getting burned. Any other tips for working on this specific model would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time!
Phil

Phil Phillips
Oh yeah, my email is dr

Oh yeah, my email is [email protected].

thanks!

Frank McGovern
This same green light has

This same green light has started blinking for me now and the tv will not turn on, if there is anyway I could get similar assistance it would be greatly appreciated. My email is [email protected] I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Pages

Connect With Techlore