Mitsubishi 65" WS-65813 blinking light

135 posts / 0 new
Last post
Motier
Larry,  as many others, I too

Larry,  as many others, I too, am having the same problem with my Mitsubishi WS65713 4-year old television.  I had a repairman come and take a look after a week of trying everything to get it back on.  After an hour, he said I needed a new DM unit.  After reading all of these posts, I am hoping that it can be fixed with the repairs you have mentioned.  Could you please send me the info and instructions on how to fix this problem?  I would greatly appreciate it!!  My e-mail is [email protected].  Thanks, Motier

in10ss
I haven't repaired the TV yet

I haven't repaired the TV yet because it is now working.  Is this common to have the blinking green light come and go?  The TV seems to be working fine now....who knows how long it will last, though!

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
in10ss, this is a very common

in10ss, this is a very common fault with the DM and the Capacitors. You should NOT wait till the set goes out again! If you do, there is a good possibility the DM will or can be damaged by the capacitors. Do yourself a large favor and have the caps changed now.

Larry Dillon
Motier, I am sending you the

Motier, I am sending you the info you have requested. Good Luck with the repair.

in10ss
Any other places to buy the

Any other places to buy the caps?  Digi-Key says they won't ship until 01/02/2008!

Larry Dillon
Go here http://www.mouser.com
Larry Dillon
Go Here. http://www.mouser
in10ss
Can you give me an idea of

Can you give me an idea of how long the installation of the caps should take? Just want to make sure I spend the proper time! Wink

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
It would depend on how

It would depend on how technically inclined you are or how much mechanical ability you have. Me? I can do one in under an hour for sure. I have heard some have taken a few hours.

WickedT
Hi Larry, I too just ran into

Hi Larry, I too just ran into the 'flashing-ligh of death' on my WS-65813 this morning.

Could you please forward the instruction to me too plz :)

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
wickedT, The information you

wickedT, The information you requested will be sent out this morning. Good Luck with your repair.

in10ss
Larry Dillon said: Go Here.

Larry Dillon said: Go Here. http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=140-TG102M1C-1021-RCvirtual...

These capacitors won't work.  They have the terminals at each end insteadof both at the bottom.  Just want to let you know...I accidentally ordered them and now have to find some somewhere else!

Larry Dillon
You want the radial type

You want the radial type capacitors man. http://www.mouser.com/search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=140-HTRL16V1000-RCvirtualkey21980000virtualkey140-HTRL16V1000-RC That's what I have always ordered. I do not understand where I got that other number from?

DaCajun
Larry,

Larry,

Well here's another Ws 65813 with no power and the blinking led. I would very much appreicate if you would send me an email to [email protected] with the fix. 

Thanks,

Dave 

Larry Dillon
Sure Dave, not a problem. I

Sure Dave, not a problem. I will send out the information and the repair documents a little later this evening. Good luck with the repair.

DaCajun
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks for the quick response and I look forward to receving the fix.  Once I get it done I'll post the results.

Thanks again,

Dave 

WS65613 Dave
Please send me instructions

Please send me instructions on repairing bilking LED light? WS65613. I could in the past unplug or reset tv and tv would work again? I ordered 4 caps......think this problem?

Thank You, Dave

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Dave, your welcome, and Dave,

Dave, your welcome, and Dave, I will send out that info to you later this morning. Good luck

RamMan
Larry,

Larry,

Hello.  Thanks for all the great info you have put out here.  We have the same binking light problem.  Can you send the fix to [email protected]

Thanks again.

Larry Dillon
Sure RamMan. I will send out

Sure RamMan. I will send out that info in just a little bit. Good Luck with this repair.

RamMan
Larry...I have the WS-65869

Larry...I have the WS-65869 model.  I hope this doesnt change anything.  Thanks again!

mike g
hi larry,

hi larry,

i have same problem with ws-65869m blinking light, could you email me info on capacitors, and how to change them out

thank you,

mike  [email protected]

RamMan
Larry Dillon said: Sure

Larry Dillon said: Sure RamMan. I will send out that info in just a little bit. Good Luck with this repair.

Hi Larry...I'm dying to get into the fix but dont dare do it without your diagrams.  Can you send today so I can wwork on it during my time off? I have the WS-65869 and have the Blinking Green Light

Happy New Year!

Thx

[email protected]

John Haywood
Larry, we have the same

Larry, we have the same problem with our Mits, funny thing - my brother in law also has the same problem, so I have my work cut out for me. Please email your instructions if possible, you are a real life saver!!

John Haywood
one more question, while in

one more question, while in there, how do I clean the projections lenses? They have a smoky foggy look to them.

Larry Dillon
John, what is the model

John, what is the model number you have and I need an e-mail address to send anything to you.

Larry Dillon
Chris, did I not send you

Chris, did I not send you that information already?

John Haywood
Model WS-65813. , email

Model WS-65813. , email address is [email protected]. I thought that my email address would have come through with the message, sorry. I do have strong electronics repair background, just need the disassembly instructions to avoid damaging something. It looks like the main chasis sides out, but wires in back are too short to allow sliding out far enough without disconnecting some. Is that right?

Larry Dillon
Yes that is true, but all the

Yes that is true, but all the wires are marked with letters on the plugs. Also you can disconnect a lot of the wires from the wire ties and holders. Look at each wire you disconnect and mark it someway you will recognize when you reassemble. Also when reassembling, make triple sure you reseat the DM board back into the main board. It is very easy to over look that and then the set will have the same blinking light problem.  I will get that information out to you in just a little bit. Good Luck

RamMan
Larry Dillon said: Chris, did

Larry Dillon said: Chris, did I not send you that information already?

Hi Larry.  I did not receive it yet.  You can also try:  [email protected] as well as [email protected].

I checked spam folder as well but did not get it.

Thanks,

Chris

Pages

Connect With Techlore