Mitsubishi WS65613 Light blinking

612 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Labchief, if it is the

Labchief, if it is the WSxxx13, I will mail out the info to you yearly afternoon. Good luck with the repair.

Jimbo17361
Larry what about me, blinking

Larry what about me, blinking light

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
That's a different model

That's a different model number. Different information. I will get that one out later this afternoon. Good Luck

Labchief
Yes it is, Thanks Larry,

Yes it is, Thanks Larry,

got it fine and will be ordering the needed supplies asap.  Question, is there a way to get the service manual wthout using the PANDO file extension?  Our firewall will not allow this download.   Once again thank you! and you will be on my X-mas list!!!!!

Larry Dillon
No I am sorry. The file for

No I am sorry. The file for the manual is very big, and I do not know of any other way to send it. My e-mail only allows certain size files. Can you think of any other way?

Deadland
As of 3 days ago my

As of 3 days ago my Mitsubishi WS65613 was cursed with the blinking green light of doom.  Any chance I could get the repair info as well?

Thanks in advance.  I bought my son some DVDs for Christmas and he'll be awfully disappointed when he can't watch any of them.  Want to try and fix this thing ASAP.

~Scott

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Scott, I will send you out

Scott, I will send you out the repair documents and the service manual very soon. I hope you can get the capacitors and get the set repaired in time for Christmas. Merry Christmas and Good Luck

Jimbo17361
Larry,

Larry,

Can you please e mail with the repair documents for Mitsu WS-55859. I just had a repair man tell me the module is bad. He wants $200 plus parts to install new one. Light is blinking from power surge. The capasitors are  ok , he said he cannot tell which part is bad on the board. Help!

Where can I get new module?

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Jim, how do you know the

Jim, how do you know the capacitors are good. I would not have a clue where to start repairing the DM from a power surge. The capacitors can look good but still be bad.

charden227
Larry I have a mits 65613 and

Larry I have a mits 65613 and I also have the blinking light of death... I have already tried changing out the 4 caps like everyone else has on this site.  What else should I try?

WS65613 Dave
I have a ws65613 TV and would

I have a ws65613 TV and would instructions on how to repair and identify parts to change for "blinking LED light" problem. I'm a Aircraft mechanic but don't really know how to identify parts and Caps in question.

Thank You

Jimbo17361
Larry Dillon said: Jim, how

Larry Dillon said: Jim, how do you know the capacitors are good. I would not have a clue where to start repairing the DM from a power surge. The capacitors can look good but still be bad.

Larry,

Can you test a capacitor? Do you think it is worth a try to replace the capacitors, they are not swollen. I am not sure if it is 4 or 7 in there. There is a power surge protector in place. Power went on and off 3 times, real fast. I turned the main breaker off in the house and the serge protector. After power restored I turned back on to the blinking light. This was a wind storm not a lightning storm. Never had a problem before this. Never soldered a board before, is it any tricks to it, besides having the right soldering gun?

Larry Dillon
If you order the capacitors

If you order the capacitors from Mouser, I think they only cost about 25 cents a piece plus shipping. If you get the capacitors from Radio Shack, they are about a buck or so a pop. If you do not know how to solder, take the capacitors and the DM board to someone who does. If you ruin the board, it will cost you about 600 to 800 bucks for another one.

Larry Dillon
To all of those who have

To all of those who have changed the capacitors and the set did not work, Make sure the DM board is seated correctly in the chassis and that all of the cables are connected correctly. I cannot count how many times I was told that someone had replaced the capacitors only to find out that the light still would not stop blinking. i have found out that those who took out the DM again and payed really close attention to how it was seated and reinstalled got their TV sets working again.

charden227
Larry Dillon said: To all of

Larry Dillon said: To all of those who have changed the capacitors and the set did not work, Make sure the DM board is seated correctly in the chassis and that all of the cables are connected correctly. I cannot count how many times I was told that someone had replaced the capacitors only to find out that the light still would not stop blinking. i have found out that those who took out the DM again and payed really close attention to how it was seated and reinstalled got their TV sets working again.

If that is not the case then are there fuses or any other power supply related issues I can test for?  If so do you have instructions?

Larry Dillon
As a matter of fact, I have

As a matter of fact, I have had a case a while back where a supply voltage did not reach thwe DM because of F9A02 and F9A03 in the main power supply. These are also soldered in fuses.

naeteck
Larry,

Larry,

I just recently was able to make some repairs on my Mits.  I had to put it on hold for awhile due to a death in the family.  Anyway, here is what I have come up with after following your instructions.  First I need to say that I must have made a typo in my first post, the model of my TV is the         WS-65869.  I have replaced the 7 capacitors, with the new part number you gave me from mouser and cleaned the lenses.  All this went well, however, the tv is still not working.  The blinking green light now goes off after about 60 seconds. Then when I power the set on, it clicks, the green light comes on, but nothing else.  It only stays on for approx 5 seconds or so and the tv clicks back off on its own.  When I say click, I am refering to the audible sound coming from the back when the tv powers up or down.  What are some other issues I could be facing?  Please let me know anything you might know and any other immediate areas I can test/trouble shoot. 

Much appreciation, Renee  teckenb @ yahoo. com

charden227
Larry Dillon said: As a

Larry Dillon said: As a matter of fact, I have had a case a while back where a supply voltage did not reach thwe DM because of F9A02 and F9A03 in the main power supply. These are also soldered in fuses.

How would I determine where they are located?  Do you have a system diagram or documentation?

Larry Dillon
charden,Don't you have a

charden,Don't you have a service manual that was sent to you?

charden227
Larry Dillon said: charden

Larry Dillon said: charden,Don't you have a service manual that was sent to you?

I do not...

Larry Dillon
naetech, the fact that the

naetech, the fact that the green light does go off is an indication that the set is now boot up. Now you will need to check all the fuses in the power supply. They will be marked on the printed circuit board as F9A02, F9A03, F9A04, And F9A05. Let me know if any of these fuse are open. I will try and see if I can tell what else is bad in your set. Don't worry though as you, as it looks, fixed the DM board.

naeteck
Thanks Larry,  A couple more

Thanks Larry,  A couple more things before I dive back in, The F9A02/3/4/5 fuses, are they located on the circuit board where the power cord comes in?  This board is right next to a large black unit that makes the audible click...   Also, another person has stated that I could need to fix or replace something called a convergence? ( don't know if I have this terminology right)  Can you give me any info in regards to this area?  Anyway, at least I am getting somewhere, hopefully! 

Thanks again, Renee

Larry Dillon
naeteck, it would depend on

naeteck, it would depend on if you find any of these fuses bad. If you do, do not replace them! If the 04 and 05 are bad, replace the convergence IC's. If you find the 02 or 03 fuse bad, double check your work in the DM module and if all looks good replace them, or the bad one. The fuses would be located on the board where the power comes into the board I think. They will be by a transformer.  They do not look like regular fuses. They are small.

naeteck
Larry, I will inspect the

Larry, I will inspect the fuses tonight.  How will I be able to tell if the fuses are bad, is it visual or do I need to check them with my meter?  I am 100 % confident in the DM work.  I had the board soldered by the electronics dept at work and was especially carefull to reinstall everything properly, ie. securing all cables and seating the board.  Do you have part numbers handy for the 02/03 fuses and also the convergence IC's?  If the convergence IC's need to be replaced will the 04/05 fuses have to eventually be replaced at a later time?  Can you also give me a brief description of what the convergence IC's look like, how to identify if they are bad, and where approx I will locate them?  On a side note, I wanted to touch a little on the subject of what might have happened to damage the tv, I am understanding that the DM modules are already known for trouble, but could power surges and the fact that my husband did not have the set plugged into a surge protector have been a possible cause?  He claims that a power surge can "fry" the tv beyond repair, I hope this is not the case.  I have also noticed that the power cord does not have a 3 pronged cord with a ground prong, does any of this have any bearing on my issues?  Just wanted to get your thoughts on this so I can make some changes to better protect against future problems. Thanks for your valuable insight, Renee

Jimbo17361
Larry Dillon said: If you

Larry Dillon said: If you order the capacitors from Mouser, I think they only cost about 25 cents a piece plus shipping. If you get the capacitors from Radio Shack, they are about a buck or so a pop. If you do not know how to solder, take the capacitors and the DM board to someone who does. If you ruin the board, it will cost you about 600 to 800 bucks for another one.

Larry,

Could you email me any documents or dianostics for my Mitsubishi WS 55959.

[email protected]

Delilah
Hey Larry

Hey Larry

I'm having the same blinking green light problem with my Mitsubishi model WS-48513.  I have the original manual but if you could send the instructions, pics etc. on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. 

Happy Holidays!

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Renee, you will need to check

Renee, you will need to check the fuses with a meter for continuity. If they have no continuity, replace the convergence IC's. Did you not get any information or documents from me on this TV set? Are we working with the right model number that is in the thread? The WS65613?  Also, today alone, I had two different people tell me that the replaced these capacitors and the set did not work. I recommended that they go back and double check their work. One found a bad connection on the DM that they made. Mistakes do happen. The other one swore up and down that they were very careful when reinstalling it. Guess what? They were wrong. It seems, sometimes the board does not plug back on the bottom of the DM all the way or misses the plug.

Larry Dillon
Delilah, I will add you to

Delilah, I will add you to the list of people who will receive the repair documents sometime later this evening. Good Luck with this repair.

naeteck
Larry, I appreciate all of

Larry, I appreciate all of your info, I can always back track on my DM work for sure.  I had posted the model of my set a few comments back, it is the WS-65869.  I did receive the pictures on disassembly for the DM repair, I used those as my guide.  Is there a different thread for this model that I should be posting in?  Is this model one you are familiar with, could it have some differences that might be confusing me?  Let me know if there is another guide I need.  Thanks Again!

naeteck
Larry, I know I have taken up

Larry, I know I have taken up much of your time, so I will make this quick and hopefully the last questions to trouble you with.  My fuses tell me I need to replace the convergence IC, F9A04/05 are bad. I have removed the board, located the convergence IC, have parts available in town and will do repairs in the morning.  However, I used a previous post you wrote to check the replacement part number and it stated, for my model WS-65869, that I need the STK392-110.  The convergence chip I am looking at right now from my set, attached to the back of the largest heat sink, is labled STK393-110.  What is the difference between the two?  Is the STK392-110 an updated/upgraded version?  Or, if I use an STK392-110 will I be setting myself up for yet more trouble?  If you would clarify this detail I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You, Renee

Pages

Connect With Techlore