Sony KDP-65ws550 Blue/Yellow Shadows

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
absolutezero273c
Sony KDP-65ws550 Blue/Yellow Shadows

I've had this KDP-65ws550 for 3 years now and it has worked fine until now. But just this past week I am getting a blue shadow. I've tried the following.:

1. Auto Focus failed to resolve

2. Manual convergence alignment with the remote...the convergence for the yellow/white/red works fine. The blue convergence actually moves it vertically but I can't tell for sure if the horizontal adjustment moves. But the blue is off by 3/4 of an inch in the center of the screen.

3. I've replaced both my convergence ICs (STK-392-560) and it still does the same thing. I read somewhere that the pico fuse on the G2 board may be bad but I can't seem to find an exact set of directions for the KDP-65wd550. The other directions I've found mention a G board but not a G2 board. And I can't seem to find out exactly whether or not there is only 1 or 2 pico fuses on the G2 board. I've found what I thought is the pico fuse (just 1) on the G2 board and my continuity tester said it is good.

4. I also tried the high voltage adjustment in the front for the blue but when I adjust it I seem to get a lighter screen and a series of lines that i didn't have before. I don't have any lines on the screen. I just see a blue shadow. It actually looks like a blue and yellow shadow. There was a wing nut on the top of the blue lens that was loose but I think that might only be for securing the lens and not for adjusting the alignement.

I spoke to a tech who said if the problem persists after replacing the STK392-560 ICs that the pico fuse is probably bad. But I can't confirm what component it is or how many there are. What I thought was the pico fuse was a larger component, white with an almost conical end on it that was a darker blue.

Has anyone had this problem? Is it the pico fuse?

sonylistens
Hi absolutezero273c,

Hi absolutezero273c,

I?m Pat Kennedy with Sony Support USA.

Some helpful information, including How To & Troubleshooting,Videos & Tutorials and News & Alerts, may be found at Sony's eSupport website @ http://esupport.sony.com/

If you are unsuccessful in locating a solution there, please call our priority service # @ 1-888-750-7669 Hours:

■Mon-Fri 8:00am-12:00am (Midnight) ET
■Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm ET

Thank you !

absolutezero273c
I wasn't sure if I should

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or try to post another question to this same thread.  So here goes...

Can anyone tell me how exactly to remove a high voltage wire? 

The Sony repair manual has a diagram that mentions twisting the high voltage cable 90 degrees counter clockwise to remove it and then pulling up.

I'm removing the D board now to test and I've got one of the high voltage cables out of the device on the board but I need to get the second one out.  Not sure if I just got lucky with getting one of the 2 cables off the part on the D board or not but I can't get the 2nd one off.  I just want to make sure I don't break anything.

Connect With Techlore