Sony KP-46WT520 wiring question

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
GrdLock
Sony KP-46WT520 wiring question

I took apart my KP-46WT520 to attempt the diode fix on the G board to see if I can get it to work again.

When pulling the boards out, I went to disconnect the HV wire coming from the D board going to the block assembly, I accidentally pulled the wire out and ripped off the end of it that twists into the block assembly, leaving the end stuck inside it.

That's the image of it now. The connection on the top is where the wire originally was connected. The connector on the bottom that is also empty never had anything in it.

Question is, since the connector on the top has something jammed in it now, can I simply plug the wire back into the connector on the bottom and it will work the same? I don't know exactly how that block works.

Also, the little end that goes on the end of the wire allowing it to snap into that block assembly, what would the name of that thing be so I can find one to put back on the end of the wire to get it reconnected?

jschuholz
to fix this - you need to

to fix this - you need to insert a small thin screw driver into the HVT to turn the broken off piece to get it to drop out of the HVT. another option would be to try a long drill bit and slowly try to 'grab' it to remove it. You must remove that wire end lock bit or the high voltage wire will not connect to the HVT correctly. This is a must repair or you can kiss this set goodbye. Don't know why you removed the HVT wire anyway. the Diodes are on the 'G' board and it removes in 30 seconds (2 connectors and ground wire).
Most of the time when I have to remove the HVT wires - I cut them and solder them back together with heat shrink. These wires are not user friendly ! good luck.

Connect With Techlore