Mitsubishi WS-55*11 TV turns off

1 post / 0 new
MeBeJedi
Mitsubishi WS-55*11 TV turns off

I'm not sure if this TV is the WS55511 or WS-55711. The manual is not too clear on this.

This tv is about 4-5 years old. This problem has been getting progressively worse over the past few months. The TV will turn on just fine, and after awhile (from hours down to minutes) we've been getting dancing horizontal black lines, and then the TV winks out. Sometimes it'll wink out with the lines as well. Occasionally, the very top and bottom of the picture (1-2 inches) would shrink horizontally as well, usually in conjunction with the black lines.

Usually, the TV won't turn back on immediately when power button is pressed. Once in a great while, it WILL turn back, but doesn't stay on very long. We generally let the TV sit for an hour or so, and then it'll turn back on.

I'm hoping there's a suspect circuit that I can look for and replace. I've read some posts talking about "pregnant capacitors", but would like to find some schematics or parts lists to help me find the right part. Any ideas would be appreciated.  :)

Connect With Techlore