Sony KP-51WS510, Convergence problems?

1 post / 0 new
mike56
Sony KP-51WS510, Convergence problems?

Got this TV from my brother as he bought a new one , now I get to fix it! First he replaced the ic's with 570's as that's what sony sent him and they said they were better. He replaced the pico fuses with 5 amp, up from the 3.15 amp. Then he pluged it in and turned it on and no picture and 3 of the resistor's got hot and started smoking. Then he replaced the ic's with genuine Sanyo STK 560's and replaced all 6 of the pico fuses with 5 amp. Turned the tv on and got a picture but it is very fuzzy! On the picture adjust the convergence shows up and the green and red + is there and will move for you. I do know when the convergence is out that won't show up on the screen. Here's what's weird, I can plug in my DVD player and play DVD's and the picture comes in real clear, like new! I know he used the heat sink goop as we both build computers and use the stuff on the chips all the time. Would it still be in the D-board or what else can I check? If it's in the D-board someone on here said sony will repair the board for $65. but I don't want to send it out if that's not the problem. Also he did a reset after the last work and it came back with 5 blinks on the diagnostic light.

Thanks Mike 

Connect With Techlore