Sony KP-46WT500 Blue Smear

1 post / 0 new
JimKellyfan
Sony KP-46WT500 Blue Smear

This TV will show a blue smear near the top and the bottom. Sometimes the TV will play fine for hours, with an occasional blink ( smear appear ) and sometimes it will stay smeared for hours. Previous research had me remove speaker grille and lower the gun adjustment, to which at first acted as if it had a bad connection. But several attempts cleaned this switch and I also tapped the tubes to see if this would help. The only blinking I received I believe was from when I overadjusted one time. I have attached a picture, yet it doesn't do that much of justice. The upper smear is usually a much brighter than photo shows and tuns across screen almost like a ( medical dna curve ) and the lower smear which is present simultaneaously, is like a convergence issue with a downward smear. Also, at the very top, almost resembles the old style horizontal output transistor roll at the top. Any assistance would be much appreciated. I downloaded the service manual and will check for codes and codes within the memory, but have to think I would have caused one, adjusting the guns. After going down with the blue and tapping the tubes, I of course went up, trying to clean the carbon, like the old shooting used to do. But the picture is sometimes perfect which seems to pull me away from the tubes, except for possible intermittent shorting. Either way, it seems intermittent. Serial number is 9727531 Apr. 2003, and of course model number in title.   Again, any assistance would be superfantastic.

Connect With Techlore