GR9D Convergence Board on Magnavox 9p5534 c101 HELP!!!

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lord Crystallion
send this information too

send this information too alnp its weird that the fuse 1405 keeps going out also send him the model number of the tv

sdilley
I have a Philips 9p6031 with

I have a Philips 9p6031 with convergence way off and top and bottom of picture is concave. Entering convergence mode results in an unrecognizable red and black mishmash. I bought two STK392-110's and replaced. Absolutely no change. I double checked my soldering under magnification and found no fault. I sure could use some help.

BTW I was given this TV three years ago. I had a technician fix the no picture problem. He replace a chip. I replaced the coolant on blue and green tubes, went through all the adjustments and picture was perfect. I sure would like to get another year or two from this unit.

Loki1200
check all the on board

check all the on board barrell type fuse-thingys for continuity, they were all blown on mine

sdilley
Yep! 1008 (2amp 250V) blown!

Yep! 1008 (2amp 250V) blown! Thanks for the tip. Where can I get a replacement?

Loki1200
I found you can get almost

I found you can get almost anything on ebay if you know what to look for, I got PTV coolant, st chips and the fuses in question, as far as I am aware theyt don't have to be identical just the same rated 250v fuse to restore continuity, don't quote me on that ask Anlp he knows his stuff better than I do. Good luck

sdilley
Only partial fix. With new

Only partial fix. With new STK392-110's and replaced blown fuse. picture is no longer concave and green geometry is as it should be. However red and blue geometry and convergence is way off and will not adjust. Any thoughts from here?

Alnp
go back to page 1 of this

go back to page 1 of this thread and check the fuses herring_usna mentions.

sdilley
I have checked the fuses &

I have checked the fuses & diodes & everything else I could check. I used a large bench magnifier to check for heat damaged components, bad solder joints, etc. Green geometry is good, but red and blue are way off and will not adjust. Any thoughts before I scrap this thing?

sdilley
Thanks for your help, but I

Thanks for your help, but I still have an issue. Green geometry is good after replacing STK chips and fuse. Red and blue are no longer bowed, but convergence is still way off and will not adjust. I have checked all components, on convergence board, that I can check with a meter. I have used a large magnifying glass to check solder joints, look for overheating, broken lands, etc. I am about ready to toss this unit as I no-longer have a scope to test further. Any suggestions before I throw it out?

sdilley
STK's and fuses fixed the set

STK's and fuses fixed the set for four months! It just went out again! Is there a more reliable module than the STK392-110's? Someone mentioned STK392-150's. Are these compatible but hardier?

Pages

Connect With Techlore