HELP!! Erratic Samsung HL-R5067W DLP TV

134 posts / 0 new
Last post
MysteriousManFla
I am looking for a LAMP

I am looking for a LAMP HOLDER for my HLT 5075SX/XAA

I already have a new lamp, i just need a lamp holder and cannot find one of these no matter how long i search for one. Does anyone have one of these? Email me please if you have one. Thanks!

Pinstripes
I have a Samsung dlp HL

I have a Samsung dlp HL-R5067W tv that is geting green vertical lines and pink patches when viewing tv or video. The picture is fine on the menu and "TV Guide" screen. It has been doing the intermittently for about 9 months. I used to be able to unplug everything from the tc and let it sit overnight and it would be ok the next day. Now it does this all the time. The blogs suggest that this is the digital board. Does this seem to be the case? If so, can anyone suggest how to safely disassemble the tv and connections? It is fairly well buried in the set.

JanetCoop
Hi all (if anybody's still

Hi all (if anybody's still reading this thread)! I'm trying to figure out what's wrong on my parents' set. My father said it was a bad lamp so I ordered a new one and installed it only to find out that the TV will exhibit all the problems as stated in the original post (turns out, but picture goes in and out, remote actions are "registered" but ignored, TV has to be hard turned off, cannot be switched off). The odd part is that the picture (when working) is perfect, despite the choppiness that another post mentioned (as if it's skipping frames) - no odd coloring, positioning is correct, etc.

Any suggestions? I imagine it's a controller board of some sort. I'm hesitant to dump any more money into this TV considering how cheap decent LCDs are these days. After all, the TV is probably 4-5 years old. Thanks!

donjuan
my samsung hln 617 does not

my samsung hln 617 does not turn on at all. I took it apart and I realized that the 2 fuses were blown out so I diconected the ballast and the themorstat.consequently, I replaced the fuses and connected the thermostat wire back on the 2 fuses blow up again. Would short out thermostat blow out fuses?

dima
It may be your ballisk wheel

It may be your ballisk wheel it can interfere with you lamp and it will break it faster than usual

Gordy0614
I have a 5 year old HL-5067W

I have a 5 year old HL-5067W and if I do not unplug it instead of turning it off it will come up with a green checker board and you have to plug and unplug it to get it to come on with a clear picture then it is fine....any one know the solution to this?
Is it worth trying to get a technician here or just punt while I'm money ahead?

Terry-Jo
Sean, Your description sounds

Sean, Your description sounds like our tv. flashing lamp light. TV works sometimes then freezes, picture comes back, sometimes sound comes back after, when I change source to DVD player the tv screen is green flashing lines. I try to turn off and the tv does not cooperate, I have actually left room and left tv on cause neither remote or button on front will work. DID YOU EVER get yours working?

Dudeacious
Maybe this will help someone.

Maybe this will help someone. I bought a Samsung HLP-5063w from a guy a couple of years ago who cut me a real good deal because he said that the set would occasionally turn itself off. I brought the set home in the Back seat of my Toyota Camry and had a real difficult time getting it out of the car, very tight fit, then proceeded to move the set up a full flight of stairs by myself. Somehow, I did it. (Sorry, no youtube video) In the process, the set got sorta shaken around one may say. Anyway, once I got the unit set up, I had not problems at all. Watched movies and used it as a computer monitor for many hours a day. No shut off issues at all. For some reason, I had to move the set around in the room and this time when I hooked it back up, I would occasionally have the problem with the set turning itself off. I took the back off the unit and rigged the safety switch and took a look around. Luckily the unit turned itself off during the process. As it did, I heard a faint and tiny sparking or shorting sound coming from the area of the set where the inputs are. Upon closer inspection, I found that one of the barrel weights around a bundle of wires was making contact with the main board. this was causing a short on the board and freaking out the set and making it turn off. Probably causing an over heating issue. These sets are pretty hot and do not respond to heat well at all. Anyway, once I secured the wires the set has run with no problem. One thing I noticed is that there was really nowhere to secure these wires that made them absolutely clear of the board. I rigged it with twist ties. Perhaps, this is the major culprit leading to many of the more serious issues related to Samsung DLP products? This is just a real life experience that I hope may help some others in their troubleshooting. Best of luck. Dudeacious

SnoKrash
Red light and Green Light

Red light and Green Light flashing

For me, this happened after replacing the bulb. After some troubleshooting I learned..

There is a lttle blue lever in the area where the bulb is installed, this lever will get pressed in when the cover plate is put on...

So, for me, the issue was not putting the cover plate on. Tried to test it after install with cover plate off and got red light, green light blinking.

After putting on the cover, the tv worked fine

mkpsr
samsung 5086. No picture,can

samsung 5086. No picture,can't power off. Light on in back and color wheel turning. I have read hundreds of post and no luck. When I unplug the antenna I can turn off TV. As a last resort, I went into service mode and hit factory reset. After it went thru the setup I plugged the antenna back in and the channels set. Every thing back to normal. Hope this helps someone. You get to service mode by powering off. Push "mute" "1" "8" "2" and power on. I had to have the antenna unplugged to get the system to power off with the remote.

DMB
Thank you !!! I had the same

Thank you !!! I had the same problem and did not know what to do. Was ready to take it down for an expensive repair. Your fix worked great !! Thanks for sharing.

mkpsr
Ur welcome. From what I have

Ur welcome. From what I have read online I think alot of people are having this same problem and replacing parts needlessly.

evil
For a blinking light repair

For a blinking light repair kit and original dlp parts go to the website below.

Pages

Connect With Techlore